Anyone thinking of selling some stock today?

Sold some gas pipeline. Trying to decide if I want to get into Hudbay or if it has leveled off

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.
We are of the same mind in terms of the regime in charge of this country now. But I would caution you on making investment decisions based political beliefs and hope for 2024. We hope but don't know there will be a big change over in 2 years.

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.

Your three shares of Hebrew National franks you got from Uncle Chaim are probably safe.

Last edited:
lol it's always hilarious reading all these gamblers babbling on and on all about their 'market savvy n stuff', as if they're shrewd or something. Unless you're a CFO at a company, you don't know jack shit about what you're buying, period. And from reading about many of those, a lot of them don't know jack shit either.

The rest would remain in the stock market, so as to capture the recovery when Republicans restore sanity.
Fuck any (R) effort. They destroy the economy.

The stock market continues its downward spiral as Biden brags about the great economy.
Could drop on Monday, 1/30
But the biden economy is surging. Thank you Joe.

All one has to do is check out which stocks have a vastly over-sized effect on 'the market' to see it takes maybe four to seven stocks to make 'the market' drop or rise; it means exactly shit re the real economy.

Your three shares of Hebrew National franks you got from Uncle Chaim are probably safe.
The antisemite speaks. ^^^

What does my Jewish religion have to do with the 10 companies I own stock in, and the 8 mutual funds in which I hold shares?

The Biden economy is surging? Ask the majority of all Americans who are struggling to pay the grocery bill and fill their gas tank. Or ask the retirees who have seen 25% of their life savings wiped out in a year.

You libs are sick in the mind.

The Biden economy is surging? Ask the majority of all Americans who are struggling to pay the grocery bill and fill their gas tank. Or ask the retirees who have seen 25% of their life savings wiped out in a year.

You libs are sick in the mind.

For those nursing from the government teat, like a large number of Democrats, a ”surge” in the economy is a raise in their subsidies. It is all relative.

For those nursing from the government teat, like a large number of Democrats, a ”surge” in the economy is a raise in their subsidies. It is all relative.
IMO, this is the worst position America has ever been in in my lifetime. Also, it's looking like another housing bubble, too.

Yup, and that’s the problem. All the government class, whether they are welfare recipients, stay-at-home government “workers,” or government retirees are enjoying inflation-protected raises.

The rest of America is suffering under Biden’s economy.

IMO, this is the worst position America has ever been in in my lifetime. Also, it's looking like another housing bubble, too.
It’s definitely the worst in my lifetime, and from many angles: we have a president who is demonizing citizens who disagree with Democrat policies, an escalating situation with Russia, the government colluding with private media to censor speech, retirees worried about their big loss in retirement funds with possibly even more to come, and the majority of Americans suffering under Bidenflation.

It’s definitely the worst in my lifetime, and from many angles: we have a president who is demonizing citizens who disagree with Democrat policies, an escalating situation with Russia, the government colluding with private media to censor speech, retirees worried about their big loss in retirement funds with possibly even more to come, and the majority of Americans suffering under Bidenflation.
In other news, it's a nice cool Saturday! :D

I'm not going to miss any meals today, and don't have to worry about stonks, because it's Saturday! :spinner:

In other news, it's a nice cool Saturday! :D

I'm not going to miss any meals today, and don't have to worry about stonks, because it's Saturday! :spinner:
That’s the spirit! No matter what else happens, we won’t lose a penny on stocks today!

(And true, I won’t miss any meals, either, but others may.)

Gold and Silver is a hedge against inflation.

It depends.
Gold and Silver could be difficult to sell if for example there is a collapse of society......world war etc (long shots, but not out of the question)
In that case.....bullets and food might be FAR more valuable an asset to have.

We always accept an underlying premise that society and status quo is permanent. In these times that might not be as certain as in the past.
Imagine trying to sell Gold and Silver or even exchange them after China invades Taiwan and the US and China go at it, and Russia makes good on it's promise to use tactical nukes. Let's hope these never occur, but it has to be part of your investment consideration.

Plan for the best, but prepare for any eventuality.

It depends.
Gold and Silver could be difficult to sell if for example there is a collapse of society......world war etc (long shots, but not out of the question)
In that case.....bullets and food might be FAR more valuable an asset to have.

We always accept an underlying premise that society and status quo is permanent. In these times that might not be as certain as in the past.
Imagine trying to sell Gold and Silver or even exchange them after China invades Taiwan and the US and China go at it, and Russia makes good on it's promise to use tactical nukes. Let's hope these never occur, but it has to be part of your investment consideration.

Plan for the best, but prepare for any eventuality.

Where it is true that exchange will change if times change ... You are still looking at the value and the purpose of the item you are exchanging.

Think about it this way ... In the African desert ... A box of spark plugs is "as good as gold".
That's not talking about the value of the spark plugs in gold ... It means you can trade them like gold.

The value that gold and silver have ... Are the fact they are rarer ... They are "mobile" ... And they have some (undetermined) value until traded ...
Making their greatest value ... The simple fact they can be easily traded in smaller amounts ... And for a broader range of goods.

Or ask the retirees who have seen 25% of their life savings wiped out in a year.
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 9.03.07 AM.png

NASDAQ when Biden took office. 13,530
Today. 11, 621.
11,621 - 13,530 = -1,909
1909/13530 = .14 = -14%

DOW When Biden took office. 30,996
Today 33,978
33,978 - 30,996 = +2982
2982/33,978 = .0877 = + 8.7%
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 9.07.38 AM.png

View attachment 751587
NASDAQ when Biden took office. 13,530
Today. 11, 621.
11,621 - 13,530 = -1,909
1909/13530 = .14 = -14%

DOW When Biden took office. 30,996
Today 33,978
33,978 - 30,996 = +2982
2982/33,978 = .0877 = + 8.7%View attachment 751589

Yeah ... But you have to admit that it is seriously funny it looks a whole lot like this ...

Exxon Mobil

52654440831_de69d7b0fd_z.jpg

And ... Not really a whole lot like this ...
:auiqs.jpg:

Disney

52654933928_4122cb333e_z.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back