Anyone thinking of selling some stock today?

What do you invest in when democrats are destroying the entire globe?

Not sure there is an answer.

If you go cash, they get you with inflation, and if you invest, they destroy whatever you invest in.

Maybe we should all invest in undertakers, repo men, prisons, and drug cartels

Is it legal to invest in drug cartels yet?

If I were a financial advisor, I'd say that human traffickers seem to be making out pretty well along the border.

I invested in battery and lithium stocks, and they have made me money during the downturn (not a lot, but some) and this has offset my other losses, giving me a net overall 2-4% loss for the year. There are ways around the downturn, but selling in a down market is not one of them.

Yeah ... Especially if you like investing in toxic shit, and strip mining for a better environment.

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.
You better invest in food, and ammo...cause the only invest you're gonna need to insure...is your ass.

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.

Fed Ex is down 20% pre-open.
You should have sold yesterday.

Yeah ... Especially if you like investing in toxic shit, and strip mining for a better environment.

Not to mention, the trafficking in child labor it took to mine the materials to make those EV batteries.

Those Mexican human traffickers are jealous that they can't get a share of the profits.

Fed Ex is down 20% pre-open.
You should have sold yesterday.

September 12 was when the market started taking a dump. That was after the FED released their monthly report.

report.jpg

September 12 was when the market started taking a dump. That was after the FED released their monthly report.

And the day President Biden celebrated the Inflation Reduction Act ... The Market took the worst nose drive of his term that day.

Last edited:
Nope. That would be an unwise move. Never sell on the way down or panic sell. You could end up losing more in the long run.
It will rebound.

But do evaluate your portfolio mix, especially if you are retired. Always a good idea to ensure as fixed of an income as you can.
Nothing wrong with locking in gains. Sold twice this yr. First week and again before last big drop. Went from 80/20 mix to 50/50.

This might be the worst possible time to sell.

The British and US do it all the time which is why they run the lawless offshore banking industries in third world nations.
Good point, it is one of the reasons the US keeps the border unsecure.

Neither party really wants to secure the drug/human trafficking border

There is no other way to make money these days

The Inflation Reduction Act bumped all my holdings up.

That isn't really saying much, and it doesn't change the fact the market took a nose dive on the day the President was celebrating.
Why did you feel compelled to tell me nothing ... :auiqs.jpg:

That isn't really saying much, and it doesn't change the fact the market took a nose dive on the day the President was celebrating.
Why did you feel compelled to tell me nothing ... :auiqs.jpg:

Because I'm a smart investor, obviously. Is this the Stock Market forum?

Why yes, yes it is.

I hope you are not managing your own portfolio. Please speak with a financial advisor ASAP.
I’ve done that in the past. They did no better than I have - and then I have to pay them for their advice.

Forum List

Back