Anyone Pity This Bastard?

Yes...I heard the liver disease excuse...but it NEVER takes as short a period of time as it does for animials (I know they give a cocktail of drugs during the process...but we are using something that doesn't work very fast nonetheless. A barbituate I believe. The exact recipe may differ state to state, I don't know.

A Cyanide capsule takes less than three seconds to kill you. Why don't we use something like that?
(BTW...Cyanide will kill you in 3 seconds even if you didn't have a liver to begin with ...haha..joke there....)

Something makes no sense here.

Lethal injection is the culmination of years of the liberals crying "cruel and unusual punishment" to every form of execution we had. Invaribly, they point to exceptions to the rule such as this as their evidence. One guy's neck doesn't snap when he's hanged and he chokes to death. One guy doesn't die the first time he's zapped in the chair. This guy's liver allegedly wouldn't process the drugs fast enough.

One doesn't get the death sentence in this country for no reason. It's usually a particularly heinous murder, or murder in the commission of another crime that warrants the death penalty. If they suffer a little bit, tough. It is the consequence of their actions.

Well, as I hope I made clear...I'm not particularly worried about the suffering per se. I just don't understand why this turns out to be a problem. I mean...wasn't the goal of lethal injection to stop these sorts of issues from arising?

Maybe our lethal injections just aren't lethal enough...

Would the condemned man's family have preferred we shot him? Would the condemned?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/14/diaz.execution.ap/index.html

Okay...two things. I'm not really opinionated pro-or anti on the DP...BUT...

First: why did it take this guy 34 minutes to die? I've put numerous old dogs and horses "to sleep"...it takes ONE SECOND. Can somebody with more knowledge about this stuff explain to me why we just don't give inmates what we give to Labrador retrievers?

Second: If we are worried about how long it takes for someone to die...or how much pain they might be in...then the way China executes people might be better (a bullet to the neck or back of head)...right? I mean...if that's what we are worried about (and assuming you can't just give an inmate what my dogs got at the Vets...) would that be more humane?

As I said...I'm not even sure about the rightness or wrongness of the DP (and I'm always worried about innocents being put to death by mistake)..but why is there so much trouble with these lethal injections?
Now I could be off here, but it seems it took the state over 26 years to get around to this? Could that have been because of due process and appeals?

Interesting how your citation listed very little about how the real 'victim' suffered and died. Now of course, you might say something to the effect that the victim was cut down, quick?

Well, as I hope I made clear...I'm not particularly worried about the suffering per se. I just don't understand why this turns out to be a problem. I mean...wasn't the goal of lethal injection to stop these sorts of issues from arising?

Maybe our lethal injections just aren't lethal enough...

Would the condemned man's family have preferred we shot him? Would the condemned?

Given my 'druthers, the punishment/means of execution would befit the crime.

Libs support the "right" of a mother to have her unborn babies brains sucked out it's head, but will fight like hell to prevent a convicted murderer from being put to sleep like a dog at the Humane Society

A mind is a terrible thing to waste on a liberal

Now I could be off here, but it seems it took the state over 26 years to get around to this? Could that have been because of due process and appeals?

Interesting how your citation listed very little about how the real 'victim' suffered and died. Now of course, you might say something to the effect that the victim was cut down, quick?

No actually...as I said...I'm not particularly anti-death penalty at all. I just didn't understand why we get reforms to solve problems but the problems persist after the reforms.

As i said...maybe we should have shot him in the head. I wasn't joking.

No more arguments about taking longer to die than it should.

BTW...the murder victim in this case was shot.

"They had to execute him twice," Mark Elliot said. "If Floridians could witness the pain and the agony of the executed man's family, they would end the death penalty."
I don't think so, but if they could have seen the pain and agony of the victim, they may have cut his dick off and shoved into his throat and watched him suffocate.

I don't think so, but if they could have seen the pain and agony of the victim, they may have cut his dick off and shoved into his throat and watched him suffocate.

No, they would have demanded he attend anger management classes and see a shrink three times a week

34 minutes! that's it?

we should come up with a way that makes them suffer longer.....

by the way....this dude was convicted on second degree murder in puerto rico yet is somehow now out of jail and on the streets of america killing again....

fuck him

No actually...as I said...I'm not particularly anti-death penalty at all. I just didn't understand why we get reforms to solve problems but the problems persist after the reforms.

As i said...maybe we should have shot him in the head. I wasn't joking.

No more arguments about taking longer to die than it should.

BTW...the murder victim in this case was shot.

So the perp should also be shot? SCOTUS disagrees.

Do you agree with SCOTUS?

Actually no. In my dreams I'd love to see the perps get a state rendition of the perps' convicted crimes. So if a guy buries a 14 year old alive after rape, bury him/her alive.

Actually no. In my dreams I'd love to see the perps get a state rendition of the perps' convicted crimes. So if a guy buries a 14 year old alive after rape, bury him/her alive.

Just checking, and I totally agree. Scumsucking maggots who beat their children to death should be sent to MY house.

I'm not sure there is a punishment strong enough for the guy who killed the Amish children. But then again, he is probably receiving it right now.

He'll get it better once he's dead.
devilfire.gif

Forum List

Back