Harry Reid orders Dem Senators into house arrest

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Reid orders Democrats from red states held under house arrest

Dec. 12, 2006

LAS VEGAS (AP) As concern over the fate of Tim Johnson (D-SD) eased with reports that he had not suffered a stroke after all, KFI-AM News radio reported last night that Senate minority leader Harry Reid had issued orders that all Democrat Senators who came from states that had Republican governors, were to take no chances whatsoever with their health. He ordered tham to be held under house arrest for the next three weeks, until the Senate reconvenes in January in Washington DC.

Reid issued further orders that Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL), who was last reported to be visiting Syria and negotiating with Syrian President Assad, was to be brought back to the United States immediately, and held in Reid's house in Nevada until the opening session of the Senate in 2007.

"These measures are necessary", said Reid, "to ensure that the will of the people to have a majority of Democrats in the Senate and House is carried out. The unfortunate turn of health for my good friend Tim Johnson was a wake-up call for all of us. If Republican governor were to appoint a Republican in place of any Democrat Senator who is unable to fulfill his duties, this would clearly be an attempt to overturn the results of the 2006 elections. We can't have that."

When asked if Sen. Jim Jeffords' (IINO-VT) change of party allegiance in May of 2001, which handed control of the Senate to Democrats, was a similar attempt to overturn the results of an election, Reid was quickly unavailable for comment.

(c) 2006 AP (Acorn Press)

Dec. 12, 2006

LAS VEGAS (AP) As concern over the fate of Tim Johnson (D-SD) eased with reports that he had not suffered a stroke after all, KFI-AM News radio reported last night that Senate minority leader Harry Reid had issued orders that all Democrat Senators who came from states that had Republican governors, were to take no chances whatsoever with their health. He ordered tham to be held under house arrest for the next three weeks, until the Senate reconvenes in January in Washington DC.

Reid issued further orders that Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL), who was last reported to be visiting Syria and negotiating with Syrian President Assad, was to be brought back to the United States immediately, and held in Reid's house in Nevada until the opening session of the Senate in 2007.

"These measures are necessary", said Reid, "to ensure that the will of the people to have a majority of Democrats in the Senate and House is carried out. The unfortunate turn of health for my good friend Tim Johnson was a wake-up call for all of us. If Republican governor were to appoint a Republican in place of any Democrat Senator who is unable to fulfill his duties, this would clearly be an attempt to overturn the results of the 2006 elections. We can't have that."

When asked if Sen. Jim Jeffords' (IINO-VT) change of party allegiance in May of 2001, which handed control of the Senate to Democrats, was a similar attempt to overturn the results of an election, Reid was quickly unavailable for comment.

Pretty dramatic !! It's awesome to be able to give commands to people in your party that they stay alive. :cuckoo:

Dec. 12, 2006

Figures Reid is one of the nimrods that actually believes his own hope .... "the will of the people to have majority of Democrats in the Senate and House."

Hope this clears it up for any of you hopeful for a "change." The Dems see neither that they were jacked up, nor what they were jacked-up about that put them out of power to begin with.

As far as Reid issuing such a stupid, overreactionary order .... GMAFB.

Dec. 12, 2006

That was quite amusing. Rep to you!

I wasn't aware that Senator Reid had the power to keep people home against their will. Did i miss something?

It is rather amusing though. And it just goes to show you that his real concern is maintaining power.

I wasn't aware that Senator Reid had the power to keep people home against their will. Did i miss something?

It is rather amusing though. And it just goes to show you that his real concern is maintaining power.

Maintaining power, believing people actually voted for Democrats to be the majority, and that there is a Republican conspiracy that goes deep enough that they control natural causes of death.

"These measures are necessary", said Reid, "to ensure that the will of the people to have a majority of Democrats in the Senate and House is carried out... "

The above really gave me a good laugh. The Dems didn't see anything wrong with trying to impede the results of the 2000, 2002, 2004 elections when the people voted to have Republicans in charge of the government. But now its their supreme duty to uphold the wishes of the people at all costs!!!!! What a transparent bunch. :D

Maybe I should point out, for those who didn't get it, that the OP was a joke. Harry Reid never actually said any of those things, and no Dems are under house arrest. Though the John&Ken DJs on KFI radio DID report it as I described. They often do satires like this.

What makes the whole thing funny, is that sentiments like this aren't too far away from what Reid and the Democrats HAVE said in the past, on various related subjects. Though outrageous, it's quite believable. The best comedy always is.

Maybe I should point out, for those who didn't get it, that the OP was a joke. Harry Reid never actually said any of those things, and no Dems are under house arrest. Though the John&Ken DJs on KFI radio DID report it as I described. They often do satires like this.

What makes the whole thing funny, is that sentiments like this aren't too far away from what Reid and the Democrats HAVE said in the past, on various related subjects. Though outrageous, it's quite believable. The best comedy always is.

Oh damn---now I'm standing here with egg all over my face. I hate when that happens.

Life imitates art yes??

Forum List

Back