Anyone noticed the store Hot topic has changed?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I remember during the 90's early 2000's when they used to blast punk,emo,gothic,and metal from the stores and when the clientele and workers looked like goths,emos and such. The stores are also very lit up,i remember when walking in a store when they were dark.

Head shops are back in..

what?
Nirvana_head_shop.jpg

I think most of those kids who wore black and Victorian style dresses back in the 90's early 2000's were poseurs at best who were only concerned with the image of goth and not what it actually is.

I think most of those kids who wore black and Victorian style dresses back in the 90's early 2000's were poseurs at best who were only concerned with the image of goth and not what it actually is.

Mostly they were just depressed and looking for acceptance...

Bruh.

Ur saying i use drugs?

I'm drugfree4life

It's a store you dumbass.

You don't use drugs I bet you do, what do you thing aspirin and caffeine is? I am well aware what Hot Topic is yet it was very undeserving of my time...

I mostly take tylenol for headaches and i have drank Pepsi. I think Pepsi has Caffeine.

You almost gotta laugh. I walked into a vape shop by mistake and was almost overcome with the fumes even while I was wearing a mask. Of course the clerk and the few customers weren't wearing masks because they make a living sucking fumes from noxious sources. Maybe the underground vape network has a cure for Covid.

Mostly they were just depressed and looking for acceptance...

I have noticed most of them vanished.

I wonder if it was because of some school dress codes,profiling and such.

I was reading in some news sources, that schools were making dress codes that prohibited gothic clothing styles.

Seems they are not that many in the United States,but i seen on youtube, that in places like Europe,Japan,the UK,Brazil goth seems popular.

And the stores i think most of those kids shopped at dropped the merch and moved to stuff like anime,cosplay and such, a real shame really.

Now, newer kids won't know about the gothic subculture.

Last edited:
And my best guess is that corporate read my immortal by tara gilesbie and didn't want anymore customers like that shopping at the store anymore.

And Hot topic went all trendy and weeb.

They used to have metal music blasting from the stores and trendy people used to be afraid to set foot in one of those stores.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a generation gap or something like that on this board, but when i have discussed the same topic on video game,comic book and anime sites, people on those sites seemed to know what i was talking about.

I wonder if part of it is corporate saw the fanfic by Tara Gillespie/my immortal and didn't want anymore customers like that

Forum List

Back