Anyone know how to splice together a broken dryer drive belt?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I have one on order, but it won't get here until Wednesday at the soonest. Meanwhile, Mrs. Flops has the house looking like a laundry run by immigrants at the turn of the twentieth century (Praise Allah for our immigrants who built this country!)

I'd love to temporarily fix it, but I figure I'll only have one chance, because any failed attempt to fix it would render the belt unfixable. Any solution will be welcome, but if it involved duct tape in any way, that would be all the more annoying to the little woman.

Thanks in advance!

When ours broke I just went to Lowe's and picked one up and fixed it same day. I know of no successful way to fix one.

I have one on order, but it won't get here until Wednesday at the soonest. Meanwhile, Mrs. Flops has the house looking like a laundry run by immigrants at the turn of the twentieth century (Praise Allah for our immigrants who built this country!)

I'd love to temporarily fix it, but I figure I'll only have one chance, because any failed attempt to fix it would render the belt unfixable. Any solution will be welcome, but if it involved duct tape in any way, that would be all the more annoying to the little woman.

Thanks in advance!
Not possible. It has to be replaced

Clean-up the 2 ends...
melt both ends and fuse together as well as you can...
Apply bonding agent of your choice...
Wrap with duct tape...
Throw an extra fin in the collection plate tomorrow morning and pray...

1653792777529.png

Thanks in advance!
How far away is your fire dept?

Thanks in advance!
You might try some staples. Would super/gorilla glue on two square cut ends work? I think Ridgerunner has the best suggestion.

Thanks in advance!
it would be fun to try I guess.

When ours broke I just went to Lowe's and picked one up and fixed it same day. I know of no successful way to fix one.
Lowes had dryer belts, but not Maytag. I went to a Maytag store that my relatively small town happens to have but they were closed, probably until Tuesday.

A giant rubber band?

A clothesline in the back yard maybe????

There's been many times I've had to wash my clothes in the bathtub and hang them on everything in the apartment to dry. I didn't have money for the laundrymat.

I remember many times, a tub full of clothes, stomping on them like I'm Lucy in a grape vat crushing grapes.
The hard part was wringing the water out of them well enough without them dripping all over and making the carpet wet.

Luckily, this apartment has a washer and dryer in it.

Forum List

Back