Anyone here read Body Language?

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
I am watching this tv news clip of a man accused of rape, murder of a kid and he comes off really defensive in body language but not sure if it's because he's being accused falsely or he's guilty. His voice seems like nervous to me.

I had a friend online who was a cop that said body language tells you alot about a person. So what about this suspect, guilty or defensive because innocent?

TRANSCRIPT: Murder suspect Timothy Madden speaks to WDRB News

I am watching this tv news clip of a man accused of rape, murder of a kid and he comes off really defensive in body language but not sure if it's because he's being accused falsely or he's guilty. His voice seems like nervous to me.

I had a friend online who was a cop that said body language tells you alot about a person. So what about this suspect, guilty or defensive because innocent?

Cops are trained to read body language..but they also use body language to get certain responses out of people.

Body language is a HUGE factor. Which is why it is so difficult to "read" people online. Can't see body language.

Depends on the book cover.

Some I leave on the shelf,

some I scan,

and some I take home for more in-depth study

He looks like a fucking pervert. The worst ones are actually proud of what they do and who they are, and have a really hard time keeping it to themselves. This guy is guilty as fuck. This: "they did mention I had blood on my clothes or something, but because I rubbed against a fence – like I said, rubbed against a trash can. That’s the only thing I know where I’d get blood from, but it wasn’t me." He knows they have dna on him, he's doing damage control.

Depends on how knowledgeable you are on the subject.

easy to misread someone if you dont' know what to look for.

Body language is a HUGE factor. Which is why it is so difficult to "read" people online. Can't see body language.
Even more specifically..you can't see expression or hear tone of voice!

He seems antsy but that can be expected. However, he does look off to the right often..especially when talking about the child, bloody clothes, etc.

I actually recieved some training in this field, in that when I was seconded to Army Intelligence I and a few others watched CCTV footage of IRA suspects captured in N. Ireland. We were taught to notice things like shoulders remaining still (on the defensive) and people who kept their hands in the laps (trying to hide something). Repeatedly asking for water was also I sign the interrogator was onto something. I was never involved in espionage or actually got to put anything I learned into practice, but it was interesting to watch all the same.

In business, or a building contractor in my case, you learn to look for signs that indicate if the client is holding anything back, like recently a developer I'd never done work for before was asking as many questions as they could, which indicated that they didn't know as much as they were implying, which lead me to performing a credit check on them to see if they could pay. Their credit rating was perfect, and there was nothing to suggest that they couldn't pay, but they claimed to have been in business since 2004, except their first land purchase was in 2012. I haven't heard anything back from them since.

He kept his arms crossed during the whole interview. Not relaxed at all and very defensive posture, but his words seemed calm. It's his body that was having a shitfit.

He kept his arms crossed during the whole interview. Not relaxed at all and very defensive posture, but his words seemed calm. It's his body that was having a shitfit.
That's because he's a predatory sex offending murderer.

I went to a pretty intense training, put on by some big wig and attended by lots of cops, on detecting dishonesty. Pretty fascinating stuff. Way more detailed and small than the folded arms and jittery leg things. They claimed they could not only tell when a person was lying, but actually discern the truth from things like where their eyes went, what words they used...really insane stuff. Of course you have to be the person who developed it to be able to accurately apply it.

Cops are trained to read body language..but they also use body language to get certain responses out of people.

So is the guy seeming nervous because he's guilty or upset because falsely accused. In your opinion of course I realize you'r e not a cop.

He looks like a fucking pervert. The worst ones are actually proud of what they do and who they are, and have a really hard time keeping it to themselves. This guy is guilty as fuck. This: "they did mention I had blood on my clothes or something, but because I rubbed against a fence – like I said, rubbed against a trash can. That’s the only thing I know where I’d get blood from, but it wasn’t me." He knows they have dna on him, he's doing damage control.

Yeah he seems sketchy but it's like he has a child the same exact age as the little girl, he has 5 kids of his own how can he do such a thing, you know? Jeezus!

It would take an expert to read this guy. His body screams guilty. His words though, and his tone, scream NO WAY.

It would take an expert to read this guy. His body screams guilty. His words though, and his tone, scream NO WAY.

Agreed, but body language is a tell that gives you away a lot of the experts say so anyway. :dunno: I think he's guilty but I will have to wait and see.

I dunno. I watched the vid and am torn.
Let the evidence prove one way or another.

There was a television series on a while back, not sure if it's still on or not, called Lie to Me.

all about the study of body language.

Forum List

Back