Anyone For Making Voting a Federal Right?

Personally I think we need to raise the voting age to 25 and require a test on current events/candidates so people actually know what they’re voting for. Saying we have the right to vote doesn’t go far enough. We have the right to be involved and educated on those who govern us and the current political landscape. If you’re too lazy or incompetent to actually educate yourself on the pressing issues facing this country then you shouldnt vote.

Personally I think we need to raise the voting age to 25 and require a test on current events/candidates so people actually know what they’re voting for. Saying we have the right to vote doesn’t go far enough. We have the right to be involved and educated on those who govern us and the current political landscape. If you’re too lazy or incompetent to actually educate yourself on the pressing issues facing this country then you shouldnt vote.
Well education helps but... and this is a big but... if you got someone tuned into propaganda... then education and good judgment goes out the window.

That's why companies like Google, Facebook etc... need to rework their search algorithms... so when people pull up fake news (such as vaccines are unsafe) there will be other links that will show in the search results to counter act that misinformation

Currently, it's very easy to start a search on some sort of conspiracy theory or other misinformation that leads you down a rabbit hole where you no longer see the truth because all the search results pop up to support the same garbage premise.

I understand my idea would only work if we had a virtuous news system that would present information accurately but sadly real journalists are few and far between and finding the truth requires more diligence then ever before. Fake news comes from both the Left and the Right. Personally I see more falsehoods coming more from the left where the right is slightly distorted with its information.

Subject to state and federal law, I know of no one who has been denied the right to vote. Give me a name please, of any such person, or STFU.

That's what you got? " THNGS"? in other words you're just parroting a hack partisan talking point and don't even have one damned example of a person who complained in real life that they were unable to vote because they were unable to get an id. This is why I usually don't even begin these conversations because I already know where they will end up.

JO
I live in Nebraska, it is largely a Republican state. During the last election, Omaha, the largest city in the state, essentially its own voting district, voted overwhelmingly for Biden. Now the Republicans in the state are trying to redistrict Omaha by dividing it in two and aligning those areas with outlying Republican areas ( gerrymandering ) to disenfranchise their vote. Nebraska is one of the few states where each district can cast a vote for whoever wins the district. Votes for president are split. Obviously this shook the Republicans very badly in order to do something this blatant and drastic. I would simply call it criminal.

I call voting in a church unconstitutional, then again, walking there beats driving to the school like we used to. Anything that frivolously impedes people's ability to vote should be treated as a poll tax, voter ID and gerrymandering among them.

39kg4k07q0241.jpg
Zappa was a drug addled loon!

Civics is a social study, just like history, economics, psychology, and sociology. Social studies is the broad category.

I call voting in a church unconstitutional, then again, walking there beats driving to the school like we used to. Anything that frivolously impedes people's ability to vote should be treated as a poll tax, voter ID and gerrymandering among them.
Bullshit. Voter ID doesn’t impede anything except for crime. You’re a partisan leftist

With all due respect, you are an idiot. That would be unconstitutional and against the law in so many ways and for so many good reasons that you would be throwing away.

You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?
I would much rather change the requirement to vote from age to IQ Get back to having intelligent men ruling us. No where near the drooling mindless flaming idiots we have now proving that genocide is a good thing.

Hah hah. I knew one of you lefties would claim that. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Would you be in favor of not letting all stupid people vote? I would. I didn't think so because you know darn well Democrats pander to the stupid. But, all you have to do is say, "Yes, I agree. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote".
That would Dis-Allow all Democrats.

You may think you already have such a right, but alas, no.. you don't. Why not? Because, believe it or not, some people here don't want other people being able to vote. Making it the law has actually been tried before and killed by those people. Good a time as any to try again, no?

Do you mean a right to vote or compulsory voting?
You already have a right to vote.

People should also have the right not to vote, which is the way things are now.

No, they routinely prevent people from voting who have been busted for pot, bouncing checks over $100, etc.
But they still tax them even though denied representation.

You already have a right to vote.

No you do not, and lots of people are denied the right to vote.
You have to have proof of residence and a place to receive mail, like the voter registration card.

No, they routinely prevent people from voting who have been busted for pot, bouncing checks over $100, etc.
But they still tax them even though denied representation.
You saying No to my quote implies that you believe that people should be forced to vote, If you don't believe so, then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Subject to state and federal law, I know of no one who has been denied the right to vote. Give me a name please, of any such person, or STFU.
I have federal rights to speak freely and to assemble (with reasonable exceptions). I have no such federal right to vote and neither do you. Wake up.
Read the thread. All has been revealed, though compulsory voting is a very different but interesting subject.

Forum List

Back