Anyone feel that shred guitar is dead?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I mean like in the 80's and early 90's before the whole "seattle sound grunge" thing took off it seemed to be cool to be able to play a thousand notes per second. But now it seems if you play that way. People are like, "do you even know guitar?"

But if you play something like Taylor swift, all of a sudden people are like, "oh wow, you should be on American Idol"

I'm like, have people forgotten about the 80's when guitar players were playing a thousand notes a minute?

Although it’s something I’d like to be able to do, it’s nothing I’d want to do on a regular basis.

But it does seem like good exercise.

All music is good but nothing beats the sixties. I was a soul man and I still think Motown was the greatest genre that ever came down the pike. But there was so much more with the revolution-anti war Woodstock stuff, the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac and on and on. Today's music by comparison is trivial, like todays younger generation.

I mean like in the 80's and early 90's before the whole "seattle sound grunge" thing took off it seemed to be cool to be able to play a thousand notes per second. But now it seems if you play that way. People are like, "do you even know guitar?"

But if you play something like Taylor swift, all of a sudden people are like, "oh wow, you should be on American Idol"

I'm like, have people forgotten about the 80's when guitar players were playing a thousand notes a minute?
It'll never die. There will always be people who dig it. I dug it at one time but these days I'd rather listen to music that makes me feel something.
As long as we have young folks we'll have shredders.

It's alive and well at the small Club level. One thing about the Hard Rock and metal fans is that they are loyal appreciators of music.

Lol, they are still out there. Ever listen to any classical guitarists? They shred faster than the rockers

Forum List

Back