Anyone ever had Goose?

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)
Gray Goose only
lemon or lime?
Lime Shaken straight up with olives

You can get duck and goose here in the north. You just have to order it or go to specific stores to get it. It's not in every grocery store.

Just go to the nearest Chinatown.
Isn't that Peking DUCK?

Oh, and goose was big where the folks came from. They bought it local and drove to London to eat with family. Never ate that as i was not borne. They preferred the goose as they could get one thats bigger then a turkey, and the holiday wasn't thanks giving. You should google it. Lots of the world eats goose in a million different ways. many look good.
I didn't realize goose was bigger than a turkey. I suppose the biggest bird you can find is what you want when you're feeding all the relatives, so that makes sense. Lucy says look for the small ones, though, if you want tender.

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)
Gray Goose only
lemon or lime?
Lime Shaken straight up with olives
Excellent choice.

You can get duck and goose here in the north. You just have to order it or go to specific stores to get it. It's not in every grocery store.

Isn't that Peking DUCK?

Oh, and goose was big where the folks came from. They bought it local and drove to London to eat with family. Never ate that as i was not borne. They preferred the goose as they could get one thats bigger then a turkey, and the holiday wasn't thanks giving. You should google it. Lots of the world eats goose in a million different ways. many look good.
I didn't realize goose was bigger than a turkey. I suppose the biggest bird you can find is what you want when you're feeding all the relatives, so that makes sense. Lucy says look for the small ones, though, if you want tender.

We are a mix of Scottish, English, and Iraqui/arab so it gets awesome at big family meal time here. I’m the youngest of 8 and the seven other kids have at least three kids and the family is bigger across the pond. Last thanks giving was two turkeys and a prime rib.

Isn't that Peking DUCK?

We are a mix of Scottish, English, and Iraqui/arab so it gets awesome at big family meal time here. I’m the youngest of 8 and the seven other kids have at least three kids and the family is bigger across the pond. Last thanks giving was two turkeys and a prime rib.
Finding enough tables and chairs must be the biggest challenge at your Thanksgiving meals! And then washing the dishes. Holy crow, the logistics! But I hope you all really enjoy it. It's the getting together that makes it worth it, yes?

Isn't that Peking DUCK?

And, if you were there, one horse's ass.
Let's leave grudges out of this, Unk; alright?

Isn't that Peking DUCK?

But I wasn’t. Could have said I was, you know, to get me some bonafides, but I did not. Matter of fact I was borne HERE, and have no desire to leave. I eat goose from a Chinese restaurant. Don’t give three fucks if you went to the Chinese part of Epcot center. So all good? No fuck off and go watch cartoons.

Isn't that Peking DUCK?

Please. It would be cool to talk about food without all the sucker punching. I’ll apologize for my part to Unkotre, but damn, .

Please. It would be cool to talk about food without all the sucker punching. I’ll apologize for my part to Unkotre, but damn, .
One slip in six pages isn't bad for around here. We'll ignore it I hope.
Does your family serve Arab dishes at Thanksgiving as well? My stepdad's family was Swedish and as well as the turkey, they always served that pickled herring stuff and some other Swedish delicacies that tbh I never liked.

Does your family serve Arab dishes at Thanksgiving as well? My stepdad's family was Swedish and as well as the turkey, they always served that pickled herring stuff and some other Swedish delicacies that tbh I never liked.

Lots of goat. We do get Arab stuff, all the typical stuff, baclava and such. This year will feature caborito from the nieces node. But yeah, so get a good mix of grub both from a box and made from scratch. One needs to be ready for eating when they show up. Other then watching your fingers, it all works.

Went out with a swedish lady long time ago

Search Results
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Lutefisk (Norwegian) or lutfisk (Swedish) is a traditional dish of some Nordic countries. It is traditionally part of the Norwegian julebord and Swedish julbord. It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish". Contents.
Lye · ‎Stockfish · ‎Julebord

Search Results
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Lutefisk (Norwegian) or lutfisk (Swedish) is a traditional dish of some Nordic countries. It is traditionally part of the Norwegian julebord and Swedish julbord. It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish". Contents.

Hmm. That’s something I need to check out. The Polacks have a little community up town. The best half likes to go there. They do new and interesting things with fish there. Now I need to go find food.

I ate foie gras at a wedding I attended in the south of France a few years ago, but I've never actually eaten a whole cooked goose before.

I ate foie gras at a wedding I attended in the south of France a few years ago, but I've never actually eaten a whole cooked goose before.
On one of the islands 25,30 years ago had lion steak ,,,,UGH

Ohhh, and how was that? Details!

Ohhh, and how was that? Details!
Couldn't believe it was offered Tough piece of meat Remember they had bear salad too but I stopped with the steak Think it was on St Martin

Search Results
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Lutefisk - Wikipedia
Thank god I never had to eat that!
I love salt cod as much as the next Mainer, but that sounds absolutely disgusting.

Foie gras on a good baguette with some fresh ripe pears or grapes is a lunch I'd do in a minute.

Forum List

Back