Anyone ever had Goose?

OldLady, have you ever been to Elsworth, ME? OMG. That must be one of the SMALLEST towns I've ever seen. We drove through there on a Saturday at 5 PM, and the only gas station we came across was closed! Lol! I was like, where are we, in a Steven King novel? :D

I don't know. I guess I just grew up thinking of geese as "dirty birds." I know that chickens and others are probably not the cleanest creatures either, but it's just a thing with the dirty geese. They are like everywhere around here, you know?
What state, if you don't mind me asking? Or region of the country?

I'm from New England like you, south to you though, in MA.

MA isn't south of anything, it is above all. Maine is just a part of MA we loaned out to put off the Civil War a bit longer.
Hush your mouf.

I have lots of relatives in ME. That is where my paternal grandparents were from.
Half my parents' siblings went to Mass and it's a good place except you guys drive like crazy people.

OldLady, have you ever been to Elsworth, ME? OMG. That must be one of the SMALLEST towns I've ever seen. We drove through there on a Saturday at 5 PM, and the only gas station we came across was closed! Lol! I was like, where are we, in a Steven King novel? :D
That's our closest shopping meca. No shit, so don't laugh.

MA isn't south of anything, it is above all. Maine is just a part of MA we loaned out to put off the Civil War a bit longer.
Hush your mouf.

I have lots of relatives in ME. That is where my paternal grandparents were from.
Half my parents' siblings went to Mass and it's a good place except you guys drive like crazy people.

How DARE you? You people are the Maniacs, afterall. :D

You can get duck and goose here in the north. You just have to order it or go to specific stores to get it. It's not in every grocery store.

Just go to the nearest Chinatown.
Isn't that Peking DUCK?

Oh, and goose was big where the folks came from. They bought it local and drove to London to eat with family. Never ate that as i was not borne. They preferred the goose as they could get one thats bigger then a turkey, and the holiday wasn't thanks giving. You should google it. Lots of the world eats goose in a million different ways. many look good.

I don't know. I guess I just grew up thinking of geese as "dirty birds." I know that chickens and others are probably not the cleanest creatures either, but it's just a thing with the dirty geese. They are like everywhere around here, you know?

Hush your mouf.

You don't have to tell anyone that.

Hush your mouf.

How DARE you? You people are the Maniacs, afterall. :D
I will admit we can't merge and why you people put your traffic lights on the fucking sidewalk, I'll never understand, but except for running those red lights, I think we drive okay.

It's probably grown since I've been there anyways. That was years ago. Lol. Really nice though. My two cousins are next door neighbors there, and yet they live a few miles away from one another. It's becoming more and more difficult to find really rural places like that here in MA.

Honest, Chris, I don't think you were in Ellsworth. Or it was 50 years ago. Sunday after 6 p.m. is when travelers need to be careful. We stay open for all the drunks and drug addicts now on Saturday until at least 10 p.m.

My cousin is a bow hunter so I can get venison whenever I want. He always has some. I've had a few different cuts, including the back straps. I like some of it more than others. I like the back straps. They were really good and tender. I hated the venison burger. It was absolutely disgusting, IMO.

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)
Gray Goose only

Honest, Chris, I don't think you were in Ellsworth. Or it was 50 years ago. Sunday after 6 p.m. is when travelers need to be careful. We stay open for all the drunks and drug addicts now on Saturday until at least 10 p.m.

It was Ellsworth though. I'm sure of it. It was back in the 80s, and I was just a kid at the time, so it was quite a while ago.

It's probably grown since I've been there anyways. That was years ago. Lol. Really nice though. My two cousins are next door neighbors there, and yet they live a few miles away from one another. It's becoming more and more difficult to find really rural places like that here in MA.
I lived in southern New England for 13 years and that was my biggest complaint--no elbow room. There is a person in front of you or breathing down your neck or pulling into your parking space in front of you no matter where you go.

I lived in southern New England for 13 years and that was my biggest complaint--no elbow room. There is a person in front of you or breathing down your neck or pulling into your parking space in front of you no matter where you go.

That's why we drive so aggressively! We have to drive aggressively to be able to get anywhere! :dunno:

My cousin is a bow hunter so I can get venison whenever I want. He always has some. I've had a few different cuts, including the back straps. I like some of it more than others. I like the back straps. They were really good and tender. I hated the venison burger. It was absolutely disgusting, IMO.
Ugh. Ground venison must taste like petrified cardboard. There isn't enough fat in venison to be any good ground.

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)
Gray Goose only
lemon or lime?

Ugh. Ground venison must taste like petrified cardboard. There isn't enough fat in venison to be any good ground.

Well, they mix it with regular hamburger, but it just had a terrible taste, IMO. I didn't like it at all, and I tried it more than one time too. I wanted to like it, but I didn't.

Forum List

Back