“Anybody who’s got a title in the party could say something...."

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) suggested at a rally in Nevada this month that Black people are criminals.
A day later in Arizona, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) appeared to refer to a specious conspiracy theory about immigrants that has been associated with white nationalists — baseless claims that at least two GOP candidates for the U.S. Senate have echoed.

And in Wisconsin and North Carolina, Democratic candidates for the Senate have faced a barrage of ads on crime that feature mug shots of Black defendants.
As the campaign heats up in the final weeks before November’s midterm elections, so have overt appeals to racial animus and resentment. And the toxic remarks appear to be receiving less push back from Republicans than in past years, suggesting that some candidates in the first post-Trump election cycle have been influenced by the ex-president’s norm-breaking example.

“Anybody who’s got a title in the party could say something — senator, governor, anybody,” said Michael Steele, a former chair of the Republican National Committee, who noted a deafening silence in the party after Tuberville’s comment. “Anyone could stand up and say, ‘Can we stop this please?’ But they won’t.”

This begs the question why? Why doesn't a national figure like McConnell speak out? Let me answer my own rhetorical question. Because Mitch isn't going to call out Tommy's racist comments while the POT is trying to take back the Senate. Or after for that matter. Why? Easy. Racist dog whistles are an acceptable feature of POT politics in the post Trump era.

Thats not what she implied at all.
Cant you cultists come up with something better than race all the damn time? Good grief.
You're a liar.

Marjorie Taylor Greene at AZ Trump rally: “Joe Biden's 5 million illegal aliens are on the verge of replacing you—replacing your jobs and replacing your kids in school and coming from all over the world. They're also replacing your culture, and that's not great for America.”

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) suggested at a rally in Nevada this month that Black people are criminals.
A day later in Arizona, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) appeared to refer to a specious conspiracy theory about immigrants that has been associated with white nationalists — baseless claims that at least two GOP candidates for the U.S. Senate have echoed.

And in Wisconsin and North Carolina, Democratic candidates for the Senate have faced a barrage of ads on crime that feature mug shots of Black defendants.
As the campaign heats up in the final weeks before November’s midterm elections, so have overt appeals to racial animus and resentment. And the toxic remarks appear to be receiving less push back from Republicans than in past years, suggesting that some candidates in the first post-Trump election cycle have been influenced by the ex-president’s norm-breaking example.

“Anybody who’s got a title in the party could say something — senator, governor, anybody,” said Michael Steele, a former chair of the Republican National Committee, who noted a deafening silence in the party after Tuberville’s comment. “Anyone could stand up and say, ‘Can we stop this please?’ But they won’t.”

This begs the question why? Why doesn't a national figure like McConnell speak out? Let me answer my own rhetorical question. Because Mitch isn't going to call out Tommy's racist comments while the POT is trying to take back the Senate. Or after for that matter. Why? Easy. Racist dog whistles are an acceptable feature of POT politics in the post Trump era.

1666120135293.png

You're a liar.

Marjorie Taylor Greene at AZ Trump rally: “Joe Biden's 5 million illegal aliens are on the verge of replacing you—replacing your jobs and replacing your kids in school and coming from all over the world. They're also replacing your culture, and that's not great for America.”

I was referring to tommy.
Thats not racist either. Things change when people moving into your area dont assimilate. You obviously dont know what racism is.
I fucking hate the way you goddamn duopoly retards make me defend a bunch of dumbfucks i dont give 2 shits about. Thanks a lot.

This will be one of the questions we'll be asking and studying for a long time. My current working theory is that the average person just doesn't understand how much these politicians love their jobs.

Seriously. Look at the shit they put up with, the shit they have to do, the constant shameless fundraising and ass kissing and pandering they have to do as part of the gig. And yet, they're more than willing to do it.

There is something about those jobs that makes these people absolutely desperate to keep them. These GOP politicians know better about this scam. They see what's happening. But they've sold their soul, and their country, for their jobs. They appear to be drawn to power, to the degree that the rest of us wouldn't understand.

I was referring to tommy.
Thats not racist either.
Does it surprise me that you choose to be deaf to the racist dog whistle calls of Tuberville? No. Is it an undeniable pattern emerging now that Trump has made Repub pols realize bigotry sells in the revamped POT? Yes.

Does it surprise me that you choose to be deaf to the racist dog whistle calls of Tuberville? No. Is it an undeniable pattern emerging now that Trump has made Repub pols realize bigotry sells in the revamped POT? Yes.
He was referring to dems being soft on crime. Which they ARE. And you know that, you are just spewing what they tell you to spew.
Its pathetic.

This will be one of the questions we'll be asking and studying for a long time. My current working theory is that the average person just doesn't understand how much these politicians love their jobs.

Seriously. Look at the shit they put up with, the shit they have to do, the constant shameless fundraising and ass kissing and pandering they have to do as part of the gig. And yet, they're more than willing to do it.

There is something about those jobs that makes these people absolutely desperate to keep them. These GOP politicians know better about this scam. They see what's happening. But they've sold their soul, and their country, for their jobs. They appear to be drawn to power, to the degree that the rest of us wouldn't understand.
Not surprising that most pols are enamored with power. But it's disturbing to think any audience at a rally would be attracted to the kind of rhetoric Tuberville used......unless it was a rally for white nationalists.

He was referring to dems being soft on crime. Which they ARE. And you know that, you are just spewing what they tell you to spew.
Its pathetic.
“They want crime,” he continued. “They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that.”

Who are the people that want reparations?

Not surprising that most pols are enamored with power. But it's disturbing to think any audience at a rally would be attracted to the kind of rhetoric Tuberville used......unless it was a rally for white nationalists.
One of the many ugly things we've learned over the last seven years is how much of this was just under the surface.

So now it's coming out in the open.

You're a liar.

What is racist about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? She doesn't care what race they are--they are breaking the laws of the US. You are a lying fucking traitor.

“They want crime,” he continued. “They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that.”

Who are the people that want reparations?
Do you have the text to his whole speech or are you fine just jerking off to a couple sentences?

scissors-cutting-card.jpg

There was nothing subtle about George Floyd being murdered in the street by a white cop.
Nor the burning looting and murder that the democrats turned a blind eye to. What did attacking and closing a police precinct in Seattle have to do with Mnpls or Floyd? What did burning a federal building in Portland with innocent people inside have to do with Floyd? That bullshit duck doesn't fly moron.

Forum List

Back