What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody read the actual bill?

Dante

On leave
Reaction score

not being a legislative geek, I have not. I suspect most of what I will read is indecipherable.

there are sources and people I trust to interpret things and that helps me to decipher legislation.

I always see average citizens try and interpret legislation...and it is like posting at an internet message board where insanity poses as reason.

I'll let you know what I think.

Why don't you offer an analysis...an informed and reasoned one? You are the one posing the question. Have you no faith in your abilities?

OP
CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Reaction score

not being a legislative geek, I have not. I suspect most of what I will read is indecipherable.

there are sources and people I trust to interpret things and that helps me to decipher legislation.

I always see average citizens try and interpret legislation...and it is like posting at an internet message board where insanity poses as reason.

Why don't you offer an analysis...an informed and reasoned one? You are the one posing the question. Have you no faith in your abilities?

I have complete faith in my abilities. I have just scanned it and haven't dug into it yet. With legislation, you have to read it more than once. The first time is just to familiarize. When I get through it have a good grasp on the language, I'll comment. I was just curious if anyone else has read it or just the talkng points.

Dante

On leave
Reaction score

I have complete faith in my abilities. I have just scanned it and haven't dug into it yet. With legislation, you have to read it more than once. The first time is just to familiarize. When I get through it have a good grasp on the language, I'll comment. I was just curious if anyone else has read it or just the talkng points.

thank you.

I too will try and get through some of it.

OP
CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Reaction score
ha! Like anybody here has actually read it...

I read it. It sucks.

Please, enlighten us? Explain what you think the bill says.:eusa_whistle:

2074 pages. please list the page(s) where you find what you say you found.

That 2074 pages translates to more like a 350-400 page book. It really isn't all that of a stretch to read.

BTW, that was a "tongue in cheek" comment. As in it sucks to read, not so much the content. When I get through it, I'll comment.

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
methinks a key indicator of any bill is the $$$ behind it>>>>

1. According to statistics maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics, in the 2010 mid-term elections, Democrats have drawn 55% of insurance-related contributions, compared with 45% for Republicans.

2. The top three Senate recipients for insurance industry contributions -- all Democrats -- are Sens. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., Chris Dodd, D-Conn., and Harry Reid, D-Nev., according to the center's research. And in the House, it's another trio of Democrats: Reps. Melissa Bean, D-Ill., Earl Pomeroy, D-N.D., and Barney Frank, D-Mass.

3. According to the Wall Street Journal of April 30, 2007, Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer received a combined total of $2.4 million from the insurance companies.

4. The Washington Post of July 21, 2009 states “Chairman Baucus (D-Mont.) has emerged as a leading recipient of Senate campaign contributions from the hospitals, insurers and other medical interest groups … Health-related companies and their employees gave Baucus's political committees nearly $1.5 million in 2007 and 2008.”

5. The Center for Responsive Politics shows that President Obama received a staggering $20,175,303 from the healthcare industry during the 2008 election cycle, nearly three times the amount of his presidential rival John McCain.

~S~

Roybean

Rookie
Reaction score
Dont read it dont worry about it - just keeping working and paying taxes ok ?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List