Anti Gun nuts eye disrupting NRA convention

Or wit sthhgs.
ifor
Or with that reasoning there is no benefit to removing the rights of law abiding citizens.
That's right. That reasoning makes all laws, including all legal rights moot. Fortunately, reasonable people realize that less than 100% compliance doesn't mean that laws are useless. The example of fully automatic weapons is a perfect example of the validity of a law where non compliance by bad guys makes very little difference in overall numbers. The majority/law abiding citizens do follow the law which makes the availability of fully auto weapons to crooks negligible. The majority/law abiding citizens would follow any law preventing sales of personal guns without a background check. Crooks could still steal guns, but the availability to crooks would be greatly reduced. Of course you know that. Gun nuts main fear is the tinfoil hat theory that some imaginary list is being made to confiscate everyone's guns. There is no rational way to deal with that irrational fear.

once again you attribute your opinions to others

I never once said laws were useless I merely stated the FACT that laws do not stop criminals from committing crimes

and it seems to me you have an irrational fear that your life is actually endangered by law abiding gun owners

Who said anything about a ban? I'm talking about reasonable regulation.

Okay....name your reasonable regulations and how they actually work to do what you say they do.......you guys keep throwing out "reasonable regulation" are promptly shown that they are neither reasonable or workable...then you accuse us of not wanting any laws at all....

So please...let's discuss what you think are reasonable...

I already spent more time with your closed mind than you warrant. Believe what you want.

Ah.....you know that the laws you want do not do anything that you say you want...so you don't want to list them......if you had "reasonable gun laws" in mind you would post them...but you know they are easily shown to be both unConstitutional and ineffective at stopping criminals and mass shooters...yet you still push them...even as actual facts and statistics fail to back up your claims about guns....

Come on....be brave...let's discuss this issue....

laws do not prevent criminals from committing crimes all laws do is set the punishment

the problem is our punishment isn't harsh enough

SO TRUE!

Some years back, Florida passed a strict gun crime law. Ten years if you carry a gun in the commission of a crime. Twenty if you shoot the gun but hit no one. Life if you fire the gun and hit someone. Gun crimes plummeted. Still dropping. Anyone using one is put in prison..

And yet democrats fight actual reasonable gun laws like this.....why? Because too many minorities/democrats are caught by them and put in jail for long prison sentences....

The long prison sentence is how Japan stopped their organized criminals, the Yakuza, from using guns and grenades......which they did when they decided to go to war....

Exactly how the 2nd amendment intended.

You know there was no age limit put on that constitutional right, don't you?
And? I have a LITTLE more respect that 99.9% of parents WOULD NOT allow their child around a gun until they were taught HOW to use it. My wife grew up hunting and shooting,starting at age 7. Only anti gun nuts go right to the worst case scenario when following the constitution.
So we can count you in to be there? Awesome! Hey can you video tape the ass beating? Would love to watch that.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I can take out most if these gun pussies if push came to shove .

LOL oh I am sure! Please attend then!

Best case, worst case. Doesn't matter. If you want to go by the original intent of the writers of the constitution, you can't just pick and choose the parts you like.
Common Sense ain't so common. Parents wouldn't let their kids just go walking around with a gun just because....jesus....are you people afraid of your shadows as well?
So you would encourage parents to deny jittle 5 year old Jimmy his constitutional rights? See how quickly it can get ridiculous when you claim the 2nd is absolute, and no limitations were included, so none can be applied?

Do you support 6 year old Jimmy voting?

Just to be clear, you believe every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime should be able to be armed at all times, right?

/---- I believe they have that right as long as they are adults.

At least you admit that it is not absolute, Reasonable restrictions are possible.

Your idea of reasonable is not reasonable......since you refuse to even discuss them you know that they are not reasonable, they are ineffective, and only effect normal, law abiding gun owners who don't use guns to commit crimes...

You know there was no age limit put on that constitutional right, don't you?
And? I have a LITTLE more respect that 99.9% of parents WOULD NOT allow their child around a gun until they were taught HOW to use it. My wife grew up hunting and shooting,starting at age 7. Only anti gun nuts go right to the worst case scenario when following the constitution.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I can take out most if these gun pussies if push came to shove .

Best case, worst case. Doesn't matter. If you want to go by the original intent of the writers of the constitution, you can't just pick and choose the parts you like.
Common Sense ain't so common. Parents wouldn't let their kids just go walking around with a gun just because....jesus....are you people afraid of your shadows as well?
So you would encourage parents to deny jittle 5 year old Jimmy his constitutional rights? See how quickly it can get ridiculous when you claim the 2nd is absolute, and no limitations were included, so none can be applied?

I'm for reasonable restrictions to everything.

people can and do own automatic weapons

Yes. A very tiny percentage do. So? What keeps bad guys from all having fully automatic weapons?

Nothing....since the two terrorist attacks in Paris...were committed by people on government terrorist watch lists, in a country that banned military rifles, where you can't buy any military style rifles.....there aren't even gun stores or gun shows.....and these two teams of terrorists got fully automatic rifles.......and grenades, and pistols......and not one French gun law stopped them.....France has more extreme gun control than we have and terrorists got fully automatic rifles easily...
]

And the criminals in France...also get fully automatic rifles easily...in the face of extreme French gun control.
Right.A couple of automatic rifles mean the laws restricting them are useless. Typical gun nut reasoning.

No moron...what it shows is that in a country that completely bans the weapons...an entire country, with and has no access to them for normal people.....actual criminals on actual government watch lists for violent behavior...still get them...

While in this country we have about 8 million of these rifles....and yet the laws you want to ban them only effect those people who own all of those rifles legally.

Again with the tinfoil hat "THEY'RE COMING TO GET ALL OUR GINS!!!!" theory. That's right up there with chemtrails and Bigfoot.

That's exactly what you Jackbooted thug have been doing.

For instance in the fascist dictatorship of California;

{
REDDING, Calif. - A new California law takes effect January 1 that allows legally-owned guns to be confiscated if family or friends believe the owner is a threat to themselves or others.

It's called AB-1014 and it comes after the mass shooting in May 2014 that claimed six lives in Isla Vista, California.

Before the shooting, the suspect uploaded a video to YouTube discussing his plans as well as a 107,000 word manifesto, both of which were circulated minutes before he began killing.

The new law will allow family members who believe someone may be violent to apply for a "Gun Violence Restraining Order."

The law isn't sitting well with gun owners.

"I don't think it's a good law," said Ray Abernathy, a longtime Redding Gun Club member.

Abernathy said the law has good intentions, but he's worried about people taking advantage of it. He believes people who are irritated will use the law against other family members.

With AB-1014, a family member only has to have a gut feeling to petition for a temporary restraining order. For the process to start, a judge has to sign off on the order.}

California gun confiscation law takes effect Jan. 1

And yet you can't or won't name what you think is reasonable......come on...be brave...defend what you believe.....I do...all the time...

Just to be clear, you believe every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime should be able to be armed at all times, right?

At least you admit that it is not absolute, Reasonable restrictions are possible.

Your idea of reasonable is not reasonable......since you refuse to even discuss them you know that they are not reasonable, they are ineffective, and only effect normal, law abiding gun owners who don't use guns to commit crimes...

No. I refuse to discuss them with you. You're nuts, and no point that doesn't fit your preconceived script even is considered. Go believe anything you want.

No one suggested that anyone but adults have the right to have guns.

Your point was dishonest.

Now why should a legal adult with no felony convictions in good mental health be denied civil rights?

Yes. A very tiny percentage do. So? What keeps bad guys from all having fully automatic weapons?

Nothing....since the two terrorist attacks in Paris...were committed by people on government terrorist watch lists, in a country that banned military rifles, where you can't buy any military style rifles.....there aren't even gun stores or gun shows.....and these two teams of terrorists got fully automatic rifles.......and grenades, and pistols......and not one French gun law stopped them.....France has more extreme gun control than we have and terrorists got fully automatic rifles easily...
]

And the criminals in France...also get fully automatic rifles easily...in the face of extreme French gun control.
Right.A couple of automatic rifles mean the laws restricting them are useless. Typical gun nut reasoning.

No moron...what it shows is that in a country that completely bans the weapons...an entire country, with and has no access to them for normal people.....actual criminals on actual government watch lists for violent behavior...still get them...

While in this country we have about 8 million of these rifles....and yet the laws you want to ban them only effect those people who own all of those rifles legally.

Again with the tinfoil hat "THEY'RE COMING TO GET ALL OUR GINS!!!!" theory. That's right up there with chemtrails and Bigfoot.

{
REDDING, Calif. - A new California law takes effect January 1 that allows legally-owned guns to be confiscated if family or friends believe the owner is a threat to themselves or others.

It's called AB-1014 and it comes after the mass shooting in May 2014 that claimed six lives in Isla Vista, California.

Before the shooting, the suspect uploaded a video to YouTube discussing his plans as well as a 107,000 word manifesto, both of which were circulated minutes before he began killing.

The new law will allow family members who believe someone may be violent to apply for a "Gun Violence Restraining Order."

"I don't think it's a good law," said Ray Abernathy, a longtime Redding Gun Club member.

Abernathy said the law has good intentions, but he's worried about people taking advantage of it. He believes people who are irritated will use the law against other family members.

With AB-1014, a family member only has to have a gut feeling to petition for a temporary restraining order. For the process to start, a judge has to sign off on the order.}

I got as far as "in the fascist dictatorship of California" but was laughing too hard to bother with the rest.

No. I refuse to discuss them with you. You're nuts, and no point that doesn't fit your preconceived script even is considered. Go believe anything you want.

Since we already have them...I will give you background checks at licensed gun stores....but no requirement for private sales...those will be at the discretion of the seller.

You cannot knowingly sell or give a gun to a convicted, violent felon...if you do...30 years in prison.

You know you don't have any reasonable gun laws that we don't already support.....we support locking up criminals who use guns to commit rape, robbery and murder for long periods of time...my favorite is 30 years....and the death penalty for murder.

Any violent felon caught in possession of a gun, or magazine, 30 years also.

And anyone who is lawfully adjudicated mentally ill cannot buy, own or possess a weapon until they are cleared lawfully be a court of law......

Right there...those are reasonable gun laws.....and they have the virtue of only targeting actual criminals....and leaving normal, law abiding people alone, and allowing them to exercise their Right to self defense with every conceivable type of rifle and pistol....with whatever size magazine they want.

I have listed actual reasonable gun laws, and I am willing to defend my answer.....how about you?

Since we already have them...I will give you background checks at licensed gun stores....but no requirement for private sales...those will be at the discretion of the seller.

You cannot knowingly sell or give a gun to a convicted, violent felon...if you do...30 years in prison.

You know you don't have any reasonable gun laws that we don't already support.....we support locking up criminals who use guns to commit rape, robbery and murder for long periods of time...my favorite is 30 years....and the death penalty for murder.

And anyone who is lawfully adjudicated mentally ill cannot buy, own or possess a weapon until they are cleared lawfully be a court of law......

Right there...those are reasonable gun laws.....and they have the virtue of only targeting actual criminals....and leaving normal, law abiding people alone, and allowing them to exercise their Right to self defense with every conceivable type of rifle and pistol....with whatever size magazine they want.

I have listed actual reasonable gun laws, and I am willing to defend my answer.....how about you?

Like I said, believe what you want. You have a short list of responses that you use interchangeably no matter how absurd or immaterial they are to the discussion. I see no need in arguing with your closed mind.

I used to be an NRA member. Then some idiot tried to pressure me to re up my membership and that did it. Obviously he was a very bad person and did this to thousands of others. I did report him. I doubt they did anything. I hope they got rid of an obvious loser. He could not tell me where every last cent of my money was going. My guns have always been safe anyway.

Like I said, believe what you want. You have a short list of responses that you use interchangeably no matter how absurd or immaterial they are to the discussion. I see no need in arguing with your closed mind.

Again....you know that the "reasonable" gun laws that you want don't work. All they do is target normal, law abiding gun owners, the ones who don't use guns to commit crimes or murder. Because we explain how your "reasonable" gun laws don't work, and we do it in great detail......you are afraid to post them again. Gun registration, universal background checks, magazine limits, assault weapon bans......sound familiar? Each of them is foolish and unnecessary...since we already can lock up criminals who use guns illegally......but that isn't the point, is it? What each one does is slowly constrict the right to own guns for people who will comply with the law.....and create criminals out of law abiding gun owners for doing nothing wrong but to fill out paperwork wrong, or miss an arbitrary date set by an anti gunner....

But come on...be brave......tell us what You think are reasonable gun laws......and we can discuss them.

]

{

I got as far as "in the fascist dictatorship of California" but was laughing too hard to bother with the rest.

Of course. facts are something you NEVER deal with.

You're just a Soros troll.

You know these people are pussies, that is the reason they need a gun to begin with. The world is too scawwry otherwise. They need their safe zone.

I strongly urge to get violent at the NRA convention, Brownshirt. Do if for the party, do it for your Fuhrer, do it to entertain us...

Bring your hanky to wipe your snowflake tears.

I'll weep in laughter if you snowflakes do try to get violent at an NRA convention. You people are STUPID, which is why you are leftist, but I suspect the NRA convention is the LAST place you morons would want to start acting out.

I remember at the Republican national convention when a couple of left wingers brought AR-15s and pistols to the convention area......they sat in the middle of the place being completely ignored by everyone, because guns were allowed in those areas of the convention site...except the Secret Service, who merely asked to see their license for the silencer they had on one of the rifles....that was funny...

Forum List

Back