Anti gay GOP store owners must post "No Gays Allowed" signs. GREAT IDEA!

R

rdean

Oklahoma legislator wants anti-gay businesses to post no gays allowed signs.

Oklahoma Republicans haven’t yet responded to Virgin’s amendment, so there’s still a chance they’ll wholeheartedly support it. But if they soon come out swinging against the measure, don’t be surprised. The whole point of these “religious liberty” bills is to slide anti-gay animus into the law books without anybody noticing. Now that Virgin is shining a spotlight on the Oklahoma GOP’s efforts, their scheme is suddenly in jeopardy. With one brief amendment, Virgin has shrewdly caught her conservative colleagues in a legislative mousetrap. It’ll be fun to watch when the springs snap shut.

----------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Gregory McLaughlin California Lawyer Proposes Ballot Measure Allowing Execution of Gays - NBC News

McLaughlin’s plan refers to “buggery” or “sodomy” as “a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.” Under the proposal, “... any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification (would) be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”
------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is simply a case of the GOP moving on to the next minority. They seem to do it in cycles. First the blacks, then the gays, then the Hispanics, then women's rights and back to blacks and so on.

I was only about a year ago Republicans on the USMB were insisting hating gays was a thing of the past. Everyone laughed. Apparently with good reason

I think the "NO Gays Allowed" was a nice touch. They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.

How is it free to force everyone to accept everything??

Pretty soon we will be accepting people that fuck their mothers and 5 year old children.

How will you feel about that??? We're already forcing people to accept a man that is now a "dickless" it that thinks it is a woman.

the poor poor homosexuals they be so victimized. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

how about that stinking title?

anti gay GOP.. DID they check his political registration?

But remember to stay the hell out of their lives and bedrooms. it's ok they force things on everyone else

If you believe in personal freedom and liberty, which the OP, of course, does not because he's a fascist, you'd support the rights of a business owner to deny service to anyone for any reason. That said, were I a business owner I would never refuse service to homosexuals because it's just stupid. Why would you want to turn away a paying customer? Conversely, why would a homosexual want to give their money to a business owner who they know despises them?

The free market in the end can work this stuff out and everybody wins, but politicians and professional victim groups won't let that happen.

Oklahoma legislator wants anti-gay businesses to post no gays allowed signs.

Oklahoma Republicans haven’t yet responded to Virgin’s amendment, so there’s still a chance they’ll wholeheartedly support it. But if they soon come out swinging against the measure, don’t be surprised. The whole point of these “religious liberty” bills is to slide anti-gay animus into the law books without anybody noticing. Now that Virgin is shining a spotlight on the Oklahoma GOP’s efforts, their scheme is suddenly in jeopardy. With one brief amendment, Virgin has shrewdly caught her conservative colleagues in a legislative mousetrap. It’ll be fun to watch when the springs snap shut.

----------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Gregory McLaughlin California Lawyer Proposes Ballot Measure Allowing Execution of Gays - NBC News

McLaughlin’s plan refers to “buggery” or “sodomy” as “a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.” Under the proposal, “... any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification (would) be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”
------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is simply a case of the GOP moving on to the next minority. They seem to do it in cycles. First the blacks, then the gays, then the Hispanics, then women's rights and back to blacks and so on.

I was only about a year ago Republicans on the USMB were insisting hating gays was a thing of the past. Everyone laughed. Apparently with good reason

I think the "NO Gays Allowed" was a nice touch. They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.
Sounds like Oklahoma is a good place to live then.

Read it again. It was a democrat who proposed an amendment which would require business establishments to post "no homosexuals allowed" signs.

I would support and shop at any store which posted a "No Gays Allowed" sign at the entrance of their business. ...... :thup:
Even if it burns Korans every weekend? Because a lot of these folks would even more hostile to Muslims than LGBT groups.
A Christian faggot would be a lot more welcome than a Muslim sand ****** in nearly all cases.

How is it free to force everyone to accept everything??

Pretty soon we will be accepting people that fuck their mothers and 5 year old children.

How will you feel about that??? We're already forcing people to accept a man that is now a "dickless" it that thinks it is a woman.
That came with civil rights for white hetero males.

Although I'm fine with homosexuals having the same rights and liberties as everyone else, im anti-tyranny. Just to support their right to run their businesses in them manner they want to, I'd do business with anyone who has that sign.

Unlike the ignorant masses here, I'm pro freedom and liberties PERIOD. I don't just support the rights I like.

Forum List

Back