Anti gay GOP store owners must post "No Gays Allowed" signs. GREAT IDEA!

Read it again. It was a democrat who proposed an amendment which would require business establishments to post "no homosexuals allowed" signs.

I think that part went straight over Dean-o's head.
That's why I wrote this part: They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.

That's why the Democrat added the amendment. Not too bright, are ya?

Yes, Dean-o, it's a game of gotcha. We're all well aware of this. Not too sure you were, though, when you created the thread.

You say this: I think that part went straight over Dean-o's head.

Disrespected my name.

When I had already posted this: They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.

Which clearly proved it didn't "go over my head".

Then you said: Yes, Dean-o, it's a game of gotcha.

When I clearly wasn't playing anything. Simply reporting facts that support GOP's well known racism. If you don't want to lose, don't play the "game". Keep focused on the subject.

If you believe in personal freedom and liberty, which the OP, of course, does not because he's a fascist, you'd support the rights of a business owner to deny service to anyone for any reason. That said, were I a business owner I would never refuse service to homosexuals because it's just stupid. Why would you want to turn away a paying customer? Conversely, why would a homosexual want to give their money to a business owner who they know despises them?

The free market in the end can work this stuff out and everybody wins, but politicians and professional victim groups won't let that happen.
It's a shock and awe post, nothing more. It goes from the GOP HAS done this to the GOP MIGHT do this and farther backward from there.

This is the very reason the CDZ IS such a great idea. you need "game" to go there. Facts/links or history ALL the things this lacks.
Both sides are fully capable of whining in the CDZ.

If you believe in personal freedom and liberty, which the OP, of course, does not because he's a fascist, you'd support the rights of a business owner to deny service to anyone for any reason. That said, were I a business owner I would never refuse service to homosexuals because it's just stupid. Why would you want to turn away a paying customer? Conversely, why would a homosexual want to give their money to a business owner who they know despises them?

The free market in the end can work this stuff out and everybody wins, but politicians and professional victim groups won't let that happen.
It's a shock and awe post, nothing more. It goes from the GOP HAS done this to the GOP MIGHT do this and farther backward from there.

This is the very reason the CDZ IS such a great idea. you need "game" to go there. Facts/links or history ALL the things this lacks.
There is no such thing as "GOP MIGHT do this". It's "GOP WILL do this if they could". When they tell us what they want to do, I believe them. Not sure why so many in the GOP base don't. Course, they believed Bush when he lied but refused to believe him when he told the truth. Once you leave their narrative, you've lost them.

There is no such thing as "GOP MIGHT do this". It's "GOP WILL do this if they could". When they tell us what they want to do, I believe them. Not sure why so many in the GOP base don't. Course, they believed Bush when he lied but refused to believe him when he told the truth. Once you leave their narrative, you've lost them.
It was ALREADY shown that a DEMOCRAT said it. Deal with it!

I would support and shop at any store which posted a "No Gays Allowed" sign at the entrance of their business. ...... :thup:
Even if it burns Korans every weekend? Because a lot of these folks would even more hostile to Muslims than LGBT groups.
A Christian faggot would be a lot more welcome than a Muslim sand ****** in nearly all cases.
Yep. Most Evangelical Christians believe that gay people live in sin, but they view Islam as heresy itself and Muslims as the greatest threat to their existence. Just watch Jesus Camp. ;)

'When not debating whether to outlaw hoodies or protect parents’ decision to force their children into ex-gay conversion therapy, the severely conservative Oklahoma legislature has spent much of this session debating an anti-gay “religious liberty” bill. The measure would allow both private businesses and government entities to refuse service to gay people based on their religious beliefs. Although the proposed legislation is similar to the Arizona bill that Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed last year, it actually goes much further, explicitly permitting anybody—from a hotel owner to a DMV employee to a social worker—to turn away gay people if their religious beliefs require it.'

This ugliness and hate exhibited by many on the right will in time pass; it's unfortunate that until that time comes gay Americans must be subject to that ugliness and hate through no fault of their own.

'When not debating whether to outlaw hoodies or protect parents’ decision to force their children into ex-gay conversion therapy, the severely conservative Oklahoma legislature has spent much of this session debating an anti-gay “religious liberty” bill. The measure would allow both private businesses and government entities to refuse service to gay people based on their religious beliefs. Although the proposed legislation is similar to the Arizona bill that Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed last year, it actually goes much further, explicitly permitting anybody—from a hotel owner to a DMV employee to a social worker—to turn away gay people if their religious beliefs require it.'

This ugliness and hate exhibited by many on the right will in time pass; it's unfortunate that until that time comes gay Americans must be subject to that ugliness and hate through no fault of their own.
It won't pass as long as they exist.

How is it free to force everyone to accept everything??

Pretty soon we will be accepting people that fuck their mothers and 5 year old children.

How will you feel about that??? We're already forcing people to accept a man that is now a "dickless" it that thinks it is a woman.
Pretty soon we will be accepting people that fuck their mothers and 5 year old children.

Projecting
That's not projecting. That's a disgusting asshole hoping and imagining because it has a diseased and sick mind.

Oklahoma legislator wants anti-gay businesses to post no gays allowed signs.

Oklahoma Republicans haven’t yet responded to Virgin’s amendment, so there’s still a chance they’ll wholeheartedly support it. But if they soon come out swinging against the measure, don’t be surprised. The whole point of these “religious liberty” bills is to slide anti-gay animus into the law books without anybody noticing. Now that Virgin is shining a spotlight on the Oklahoma GOP’s efforts, their scheme is suddenly in jeopardy. With one brief amendment, Virgin has shrewdly caught her conservative colleagues in a legislative mousetrap. It’ll be fun to watch when the springs snap shut.

----------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Gregory McLaughlin California Lawyer Proposes Ballot Measure Allowing Execution of Gays - NBC News

McLaughlin’s plan refers to “buggery” or “sodomy” as “a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.” Under the proposal, “... any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification (would) be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”
------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is simply a case of the GOP moving on to the next minority. They seem to do it in cycles. First the blacks, then the gays, then the Hispanics, then women's rights and back to blacks and so on.

I was only about a year ago Republicans on the USMB were insisting hating gays was a thing of the past. Everyone laughed. Apparently with good reason

I think the "NO Gays Allowed" was a nice touch. They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.

I see your point. Do you also think that no shirts, no shoes, no service policy is a plot to stop gay dudes from getting service.

Oklahoma legislator wants anti-gay businesses to post no gays allowed signs.

Oklahoma Republicans haven’t yet responded to Virgin’s amendment, so there’s still a chance they’ll wholeheartedly support it. But if they soon come out swinging against the measure, don’t be surprised. The whole point of these “religious liberty” bills is to slide anti-gay animus into the law books without anybody noticing. Now that Virgin is shining a spotlight on the Oklahoma GOP’s efforts, their scheme is suddenly in jeopardy. With one brief amendment, Virgin has shrewdly caught her conservative colleagues in a legislative mousetrap. It’ll be fun to watch when the springs snap shut.

----------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Gregory McLaughlin California Lawyer Proposes Ballot Measure Allowing Execution of Gays - NBC News

McLaughlin’s plan refers to “buggery” or “sodomy” as “a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.” Under the proposal, “... any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification (would) be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”
------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is simply a case of the GOP moving on to the next minority. They seem to do it in cycles. First the blacks, then the gays, then the Hispanics, then women's rights and back to blacks and so on.

I was only about a year ago Republicans on the USMB were insisting hating gays was a thing of the past. Everyone laughed. Apparently with good reason

I think the "NO Gays Allowed" was a nice touch. They like to do their hate in secret. Make them put it out there where everyone can see.

I see your point. Do you also think that no shirts, no shoes, no service policy is a plot to stop gay dudes from getting service.
That's silly. There are two reasons. One is being clean, the other is avoiding lawsuits in case someone steps on something sharp.

What does that have to do with gays????

I would support and shop at any store which posted a "No Gays Allowed" sign at the entrance of their business. ...... :thup:
Even if it burns Korans every weekend? Because a lot of these folks would even more hostile to Muslims than LGBT groups.
A Christian faggot would be a lot more welcome than a Muslim sand ****** in nearly all cases.
Yep. Most Evangelical Christians believe that gay people live in sin, but they view Islam as heresy itself and Muslims as the greatest threat to their existence. Just watch Jesus Camp. ;)
The problem for them is when a family member comes out. It's one thing to hate strangers. Many right wingers don't even know anyone gay. But when your little sister tells you she has a girlfriend, it becomes a different matter. Ask Dick Cheney.

Forum List

Back