Antarctica hits warmest temperature ever recorded

View attachment 305395 There's no denying it now.

The Antarctic Peninsula recorded a high of 65 degrees this week, the hottest temperature ever recorded there.

The reading was taken Thursday at Esperanza Base along Antarctica's Trinity Peninsula.

Antarctica hits warmest temperature ever recorded

Antarctica logs hottest temperature on record of 18.3C

And now...the truth......had to wait for this....lies on the climate are reported at warp speed...the truth takes a while to get out...

Media’s Horribly Dishonest Antarctica Propaganda

The NY Times wrote, “Antarctica, the coldest, windiest and driest continent on Earth, set a record high temperature on Thursday, underscoring global warming”

But the fact that Antarctica is the coldest place on earth, has nothing to do with a temperature record at a single weather station, Esperanza. Esperanza is located at the warmest, most northerly part of the mountainous Antarctica peninsula. Esperanza is most sensitive to El Nino warming. It most sensitive to the southward flow of warm moist subtropical winds. And Esperanza’s topography always amplifies temperatures when winds from the northwest cause foehn wind events. What happened at Esperanza has nothing to do with Antarctica’s overall climate trends, never mind any global warming trend.

The Guardian wrote, Antarctica “is one of the fastest warming places on earth, heating by almost 3°C [5.4°F] over the past 50 years”. However, the Guardian hides the fact they are using zombie data. Recent research shows a cooling trend since the year 2000 and that contradicts any CO2 driven global warming theory.

In the 2016 peer-reviewed paper “Absence of 21st century Warming on Antarctic Peninsula consistent with Natural Variability”, Antarctic climate experts documented that from 1979–1997, Antarctic had indeed experienced the globe’s fastest warming temperatures, increasing by 3.2 °C [5.8 °F] per century.

In contrast, from 1999–2014, temperatures then decreased at a rate 4.7 °C [8.5 °F} per century. This strong cooling trend is rarely reported or referred to by media alarmists.

Dishonestly, the Guardian ignores the recent cooling trends to suggest a recent one day Esperanza temperature record is “a sign that warming in Antarctica is happening much faster than global average” and “is the foreshadowing of what is to come.” Likewise the NY Times dishonestly claims, “The high temperature is in keeping with the earth’s overall warming trend, which is in large part caused by emissions of greenhouse gases.

The Guardian’s author Graham Readfearn engages in his typical alarmist distortions to write, “Previous research from 2012 found the current rate of warming in the region was almost unprecedented over the past 2000 years.”

Really? Almost unprecedented? The paper he refers to actually stated, “Although warming of the northeastern Antarctic Peninsula began around 600 years ago, the high rate of warming over the past century is unusual (but not unprecedented) in the context of natural climate variability over the past two millennia.

The BBC gets the prize for going completely off the rails stating, “Scientists warn that global warming is causing so much melting at the South Pole, it will eventually disintegrate – causing the global sea level to rise by at least three metres (10ft) over centuries.”

But there has been no warming trend at the south pole nor in east Antarctica as exemplified by the Dumont D’Urville weather station.
I'm still trying to figure out why it's bad to be warmer. I fking hate cold.

You dont know how Antartica would turn out if the GW myth were true.

The world has been much warmer in the past and LIFE was far more abundant.

We are exiting an ice age, and life struggles waiting for spring. Give me a tropical planet any day.

Antarctica used to be a tropical continent full of dinosaurs and palm trees. But then, other parts of the planet were like a sauna. The climate is always changing, but mankind's window of adaptability is fairly narrow compared to most life. We have built our entire civilization based on conditions of the last few thousand years during the subboreal and subatlantic chronozones and those conditions won't last.
Instead of passively waiting to adapt to changing climate conditions, wouldn't it be better to learn how to control them to best suit our needs? Technology exists to do just that, so why aren't those who claim to be upset about global warming considering them?

ARTIFICIAL TREES COULD OFFSET CARBON DIOXIDE EMISSIONS – Climate Change

You're joking, right? We may be able to influence or sway climate a bit, but we can no more CONTROL climate than we can move asteroids from hitting the planet.
It's no joke. If you read the article, it's clear that technology already exists to draw enough CO2 from the air to not only stop global warming but to reverse it if a sufficient number of these machines are placed around the world. Similar machines have been developed to draw off the more densely packed CO2 molecules from water. By controlling the amount of CO2 in the air and water, we can control climate change. It's not even a difficult concept to understand, so why do we hear nothing about it from those who claim to be concerned about climate change? Obviously, because this has become a political and ideological issue and climate changes fanatics have no use for any solution that is politically and ideologically neutral.
oh for fk sake. the globe is 75% water. are you claiming that 75% of the globe can be affected by 3% of the people in less than 3% of the landmass? WTF is wrong with you losers? hly mthr fk.
This is the mantra claimed by stupid people.

This is the " OH OH OH man is puny & can not change the planet" bullshit.

We have & will continue to do so as long as you assfucks keep electing corporate lap dogs.

oh for fk sake. the globe is 75% water. are you claiming that 75% of the globe can be affected by 3% of the people in less than 3% of the landmass? WTF is wrong with you losers? hly mthr fk.
are you claiming that 75% of the globe can be affected by 3% of the people in less than 3% of the landmass?

Absolutely, and you should be embarrassed to ask such a silly question when we have hard proof it is true.

Perhaps you are not old enough to remember when scientists discovered a hole in the ozone layer that protects the Earth from many of the sun's harmful rays and scientists then decided that the hole was caused by the widespread use of chlorofluorocarbons as propellants in aerosol cans. The loss of the ozone layer would have ended nearly all life on Earth, so the discovery of this hole was a very serious business.

The destructive effects of CFC's on the ozone layer were discovered in 1974 and by 1989 a series of international protocols signs by nearly every nation on Earth banning the production and use of them. Recently, NASA reported they can directly see improvement in the ozone layer since the ban on CFC's took place. So, yes, it is clear that human activity can so radically alter the atmosphere that it threatens life on Earth.

First Direct Proof of Ozone Hole Recovery Due to Chemicals Ban
Absolutely, and you should be embarrassed to ask such a silly question when we have hard proof it is true.

link
There is a link and it directs you to the NASA report.
about a myth to control humans? nope, that isn't proof of fking anything.
Well, nothing you are able to understand, anyway.
because it doesn't explain anything. you got nothing, you know you don't and yet you pander around in here like you do. You're caught. you hate that you're caught. go cry a river.

Antarctica used to be a tropical continent full of dinosaurs and palm trees. But then, other parts of the planet were like a sauna. The climate is always changing, but mankind's window of adaptability is fairly narrow compared to most life. We have built our entire civilization based on conditions of the last few thousand years during the subboreal and subatlantic chronozones and those conditions won't last.
Instead of passively waiting to adapt to changing climate conditions, wouldn't it be better to learn how to control them to best suit our needs? Technology exists to do just that, so why aren't those who claim to be upset about global warming considering them?

You're joking, right? We may be able to influence or sway climate a bit, but we can no more CONTROL climate than we can move asteroids from hitting the planet.
It's no joke. If you read the article, it's clear that technology already exists to draw enough CO2 from the air to not only stop global warming but to reverse it if a sufficient number of these machines are placed around the world. Similar machines have been developed to draw off the more densely packed CO2 molecules from water. By controlling the amount of CO2 in the air and water, we can control climate change. It's not even a difficult concept to understand, so why do we hear nothing about it from those who claim to be concerned about climate change? Obviously, because this has become a political and ideological issue and climate changes fanatics have no use for any solution that is politically and ideologically neutral.

We have & will continue to do so as long as you assfucks keep electing corporate lap dogs.
well dude, it's real simple, post evidence of your mthr fking claim.

are you claiming that 75% of the globe can be affected by 3% of the people in less than 3% of the landmass?

Perhaps you are not old enough to remember when scientists discovered a hole in the ozone layer that protects the Earth from many of the sun's harmful rays and scientists then decided that the hole was caused by the widespread use of chlorofluorocarbons as propellants in aerosol cans. The loss of the ozone layer would have ended nearly all life on Earth, so the discovery of this hole was a very serious business.

The destructive effects of CFC's on the ozone layer were discovered in 1974 and by 1989 a series of international protocols signs by nearly every nation on Earth banning the production and use of them. Recently, NASA reported they can directly see improvement in the ozone layer since the ban on CFC's took place. So, yes, it is clear that human activity can so radically alter the atmosphere that it threatens life on Earth.

First Direct Proof of Ozone Hole Recovery Due to Chemicals Ban

link
because it doesn't explain anything. you got nothing, you know you don't and yet you pander around in here like you do. You're caught. you hate that you're caught. go cry a river.
You've embarrassed yourself and now you're angry. I understand.

link
I don't get angry, I emphasize. I have you begging for mercy, still nothing, not one fking post of your evidence LOL.

I don't get angry, I emphasize. I have you begging for mercy, still nothing, not one fking post of your evidence LOL.
I'm still waiting for you to explain how the Earth is 75% water.

post #314.

post #314.
What about it ?
You obviously can't admit when you're wrong.

Really. You have never seen anything explaining it to you? Climb out of Trump's ass & get better informed.

post #314.
What about it ?
You obviously can't admit when you're wrong.
when I'm wrong, I will say so. I gave you the post. what you do with that information is up to you. but again, 3% of the earth doesn't control the weather or any fkingthing else.

Really. You have never seen anything explaining it to you? Climb out of Trump's ass & get better informed.
still nothing huh? call me surprised. too fking funny. I gave you a chance and you moved to insult rather than post evidence to support your jock.

Back on track here despite the interference from the disinformation trolls.

so you think that Antarctica will melt at once? let's see how that gets accomplished.

Why does it matter what I think ? My role as impartial messenger here is to lay out the facts , which I have done.

The fact that you're getting emotional and throwing around personal insults is quite telling.

I admire the spin tactic though. Approach the subject with a deep hidden agenda and then try to project that agenda onto your adversary. Pretty brilliant.

so you think that Antarctica will melt at once? let's see how that gets accomplished.

Why does it matter what I think ? My role as impartial messenger here is to lay out the facts , which I have done.

The fact that you're getting emotional and throwing around personal insults is quite telling.

I admire the spin tactic though. Approach the subject with a deep hidden agenda and then try to project that agenda onto your adversary. Pretty brilliant.

so nothing in other words. facts aren't your friend and insults, I don't do. Since you made it to the stupid tray, I can't help that, facts aren't your friend.

so nothing in other words. facts aren't your friend and insults, I don't do. Since you made it to the stupid tray, I can't help that, facts aren't your friend.

About the personal insults, I rest my case your honor.

still nothing huh? call me surprised. too fking funny. I gave you a chance and you moved to insult rather than post evidence to support your jock.
What is next, do I have to explain why the Earth is not flat?

There have been a gazillion articles on emissions, who is primarily responsible & how they drive MMGW.

Trying to claim you have never read one is a joke & fuck off with your bullshit.

About the personal insults, I rest my case your honor.

an insult? I didn't call you anything. there's a stupid tray, but I didn't say anything about you other than you stepped to it. It seems you grabbed it.

Forum List

Back