Antarctica hits warmest temperature ever recorded

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
antarctica_031414getty.jpg
There's no denying it now.

The Antarctic Peninsula recorded a high of 65 degrees this week, the hottest temperature ever recorded there.

The reading was taken Thursday at Esperanza Base along Antarctica's Trinity Peninsula.

Antarctica logs hottest temperature on record of 18.3C

Last edited:
View attachment 305395 There's no denying it now.

The Antarctic Peninsula recorded a high of 65 degrees this week, the hottest temperature ever recorded there.

The reading was taken Thursday at Esperanza Base along Antarctica's Trinity Peninsula.

Cool. I've sold off all my coastal property up here and look forward to a nice beachfront home overlooking the Tierra del Fuego under the stars of the Magellanic Clouds.

And they just discovered very warm water under a huge glacier there. This glacier holds back much of the ice shelf from flowing right into the sea. Not good.

And they just discovered very warm water under a huge glacier there. This glacier holds back much of the ice shelf from flowing right into the sea. Not good.
Smoke em if you got em. We're all dead it seems.

Nothing to see here says the Denier. Screw our children is their mantra. But hey, says the Denier, if I can stuff my and my wife's fat face today that is all that matters.

Last edited:
Please tell us about your education in science
Irrelevant, dummy. I am deferring to the experts, which would be the same, regardless of my education level.

But if I were an uneducated idiot who is denying the science -- as you are -- then it's relevant.

Maybe read that 8 or 9 times, until it stinks in.

Cool. I've sold off all my coastal property up here and look forward to a nice beachfront home overlooking the Tierra del Fuego under the stars of the Magellanic Clouds.
I'm looking forward to scuba diving where Miami used to be.

Ever recorded since WHEN exactly? We're not talking about hemlines, dummy. Were talking geological time periods where instants are measured in eons.

Were talking geological time periods where instants are measured in eons.
When discussing rapid warming caused by mankind's actions? No we aren't. That's literally the entire reason scientists are concerned. You know, the scientists who taught you everything and anything you know and ever will know about climate. This is a basic fact of this topic that a grown man like you should not be ignorant of.

Ever recorded since WHEN exactly? We're not talking about hemlines, dummy. Were talking geological time periods where instants are measured in eons.
Normally I would jump in my time traveling DeLorean and go back and check it out but I had to order a part for my flux capacitor

I'm looking forward to scuba diving where Miami used to be.

You can do that now! 20 feet under the city is all underwater filled caves.

And if humans had never evolved or put CO2 into the atmosphere, we have no proof this would not have happened anyway.
100% wrong. It is established that mankind's actions have caused the rapid warming we are observing. Again, that is literally the fundamental basis of this topic.

Forum List

Back