Antarctic meltwater could dramatically slow overturning current

Still waiting for

ONE SINGLE PHOTO

of a landmark on planet Earth that is sinking....

Statue of Liberty = nope
Venice = nope
Hawaii 5-0 beach = nope
stock-photo-statue-of-liberty-sinking-in-the-sea-41284324.jpg

Happy?

Antarctic meltwater could dramatically slow overturning current​

Look, Crock, I get what you are saying. The vastly different salinity of ocean water vs, freshwater leads to complex interactions and behavior. But what will happen will happen and there is nothing you can do about it. If Antarctica is truly going to melt, don't kid yourself that you will stop it by driving an EV. But it would be interesting--- without the Gulf Stream pumping Gulf heat up to the North Atlantic, the UK and Ireland might quickly look more like northern Canada which at their latitude, they ought to.

But won't it be funny watching all of the premium ocean-side beach property of the uber rich becoming flooded and worthless?! :lmao:

If Antarctica is truly going to melt

Barring an asteroid hit or a super volcano etc.... that will not happen until Antarctica moves away from the South Pole.

The ice in Antarctica is super cold. The Russians are great at drilling through Arctic Ice. They tried AA and their drill bit lubricant froze because 500 feet into the 2 mile AA ice sheet it is -200F, and THAT is why those cruise ships get stuck in ice there. When an iceberg from AA cracks, it exposes the water to unreal cold, and that is how ship that thinks it is safe gets trapped in ice...

Crick wants you to believe AA is a pile of slush. It ain't. It is a 40+ million year old continent specific ice age and it ain't going to do anything but grow until it reaches an equilibrium of ice added vs. what breaks off...

Barring an asteroid hit or a super volcano etc.... that will not happen until Antarctica moves away from the South Pole.

The ice in Antarctica is super cold. The Russians are great at drilling through Arctic Ice. They tried AA and their drill bit lubricant froze because 500 feet into the 2 mile AA ice sheet it is -200F, and THAT is why those cruise ships get stuck in ice there. When an iceberg from AA cracks, it exposes the water to unreal cold, and that is how ship that thinks it is safe gets trapped in ice...

Crick wants you to believe AA is a pile of slush. It ain't. It is a 40+ million year old continent specific ice age and it ain't going to do anything but grow until it reaches an equilibrium of ice added vs. what breaks off...

Yes but I've also heard that there may be a heat source welling up from under the crust there. But that has nothing to do with climate change.

Yes but I've also heard that there may be a heat source welling up from under the crust there. But that has nothing to do with climate change.

If they want a CLIMATE DISASTER movie, that's it. A Yellowstone sized volcano pokes up and goes off in the middle of AA.

Oceans rise 20-50 feet in days.

Look, Crock, I get what you are saying. The vastly different salinity of ocean water vs, freshwater leads to complex interactions and behavior. But what will happen will happen and there is nothing you can do about it. If Antarctica is truly going to melt, don't kid yourself that you will stop it by driving an EV. But it would be interesting--- without the Gulf Stream pumping Gulf heat up to the North Atlantic, the UK and Ireland might quickly look more like northern Canada which at their latitude, they ought to.

But won't it be funny watching all of the premium ocean-side beach property of the uber rich becoming flooded and worthless?! :lmao:
No, it won't. Hundreds of millions of people are going to have to be moved. That, alone, will beggar the world. There are thousands and thousands times as many poor people as rich people living at low elevations.

Hundreds of millions of people are going to have to be moved

Once upon a time a gay coke whore grew up to be Cocksucker in Chief with a man as "First Lady"

The gay coke whore parroted all the BS about Global Warming.... and then went SILENT for TWO FULL YEARS....

And then right on back to parroting and fear and hating "skeptics" while never answering real questions... or noticing Global Warming was .... missing the Warming part completely...

No, homO and Michael Robinson, they are TERRIFIED of Global Warming.

They proved it when they bought BEACHFRONT PROPERTY on an island last hit by Cat 5 wind gusts in ..... 1938....

So why the silence, perhaps an FBI fraud case hidden IN THE CLOSET....

Old enough to have seen the SuperFriends cartoon about Global Cooling in the 1970s....
I graduated high school in 1971, so you're perhaps ten years my junior, not the child I was fearing you might be. I actually looked for this and found episodes titled "The Irreversible Weather" and "Heat Wave Snow Day", but everyone else here was sleeping so I couldn't actually watch them. So... do you believe the existence of such an episode constitutes important evidence that mainstream science believed the world was going in to an ice age? I mean, if you can't trust the Super Friends to bring you the best science, who can you trust?

I graduated high school in 1971, so you're perhaps ten years my junior, not the child I was fearing you might be. I actually looked for this and found episodes titled "The Irreversible Weather" and "Heat Wave Snow Day", but everyone else here was sleeping so I couldn't actually watch them. So... do you believe the existence of such an episode constitutes important evidence that mainstream science believed the world was going in to an ice age? I mean, if you can't trust the Super Friends to bring you the best science, who can you trust?

It is a study of how FEAR is used to manipulate Americans into parting with money, rights, freedom, and eventually everything.

FEAR is what you spread. Your FEAR is complete BULLSHIT.

It is a study of how FEAR is used to manipulate Americans into parting with money, rights, freedom, and eventually everything.

FEAR is what you spread. Your FEAR is complete BULLSHIT.
Super Friends was a study of using fear?

If someone is standing in the road and a bus they do not see is approaching, should I tell them about it or not?

No, it won't. Hundreds of millions of people are going to have to be moved. That, alone, will beggar the world. There are thousands and thousands times as many poor people as rich people living at low elevations.
Don't get me wrong, its just of statistical interest to me: are those hundreds of millions of "poor" in those lower elevations driving EV's? or at least into renewable energy?

Oh...wait, I got the hang of your conviction based on your flawless calculation - If 2.6 billion people buy EV's - then those other 5.5 billion don't need to move.
The annual world production rate of vehicles is around 80 million. (present EV capacity is around 10 million) And the present industrial and household energy (80%) or around 140,000TWh = 140,000,000GWh (will be all supplemented by Solar and Wind + Hydro from tomorrow onward via non-cost and self erecting power-plants.

Basically around 65,000,000 solar plants each the size of the worlds largest solar farm in China producing 2,2 GWh on 45km2 (costing US$ 2,4 billion) = totaling 3 billion km2.
BTW the worlds land area is around 150 million km2.

The total global investment just based on solar would therefore cost more then US$ 156,000,000 billion or US$ 156,000 trillion. Global GDP in 2022 was US$ 125 trillion.

The present CO2 ppm level takes around 300 years to start declining (implicating that from tomorrow onward all human caused CO2 emissions stop) - till then the ocean level and currents will remain stable - right?

- anything else on your part?

Super Friends was a study of using fear?

If someone is standing in the road and a bus they do not see is approaching, should I tell them about it or not?

You have no BUS. Your Co2 scare is COMPLETE BULLSHIT....

Don't get me wrong, its just of statistical interest to me: are those hundreds of millions of "poor" in those lower elevations driving EV's? or at least into renewable energy?

Oh...wait, I got the hang of your conviction based on your flawless calculation - If 2.6 billion people buy EV's - then those other 5.5 billion don't need to move.
The annual world production rate of vehicles is around 80 million. (present EV capacity is around 10 million) And the present industrial and household energy (80%) or around 140,000TWh = 140,000,000GWh (will be all supplemented by Solar and Wind + Hydro from tomorrow onward via non-cost and self erecting power-plants.

Basically around 65,000,000 solar plants each the size of the worlds largest solar farm in China producing 2,2 GWh on 45km2 (costing US$ 2,4 billion) = totaling 3 billion km2.
BTW the worlds land area is around 150 million km2.

The total global investment just based on solar would therefore cost more then US$ 156,000,000 billion or US$ 156,000 trillion. Global GDP in 2022 was US$ 125 trillion.

The present CO2 ppm level takes around 300 years to start declining (implicating that from tomorrow onward all human caused CO2 emissions stop) - till then the ocean level and currents will remain stable - right?

- anything else on your part?
Total land area of the planet is 196.9 million km^2
Total current energy consumption: 2.89 TW
1.6 MW/km^2 output from solar panels
Land requirement 1,806,000 km^2

About 1 acre in each 110 devoted to Solar PV would satisfy the planet's total current electrical demand.

Energy output of wind farms is much higher/km^2. We also have hydro, geothermal, wave, tidal and OTEC

Last edited:

Forum List

Back