Another very warm month

0.54, far warmer than any month prior to 1998. Looks like 2020 will easily make the top five warmest years on record, and that will mean the last six years are the warmest years on record.

View attachment 345071

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I was planning to post this last night, but then wondered if YOU were going to post it, thus decided to wait and see, I though of you because you have this childish fetish for one month warming trends, sure enough here you are with your usual we are in trouble bullshit, because you have done this many times now, you are predictable.

There are 7 months left for THIS year. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile have YOU suffered greatly for this last month warming, gasping for air, stuggling for ice cold water....?

It was a lot warmer 8,000 years ago, how come we and the cute Polar Bears didn't die off from the heat?

Was it the mass alien abductions that saved us then?
My goodness, Tommy, you are such an ignorant ass. Jan. 0.56, Feb. 0.76, Mar. o.48, April 0.38, May 0.54. An average anomaly of 0.54 for this year, thus far.
..............................................................................................................................
The year-to-date period of January – April ranks as the second warmest such period on record, behind 2016, said NOAA. According to NCEI's annual temperature outlook, the year 2020 has over a 99.9% chance to rank among the five warmest years on record, and a 69% chance of being the warmest year on record. This would make each of the past seven years among the seven warmest years on record.
th
Thank you Old Rock! Sciam is certainly a good source of accurate scientific knowledge. Thank you for the link:

Exceerpt:

" April 2020 was the planet's second warmest April since record keeping began in 1880, said NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) on Wednesday. April 2020 came in just 0.07°C below the record set in April 2016, according to NOAA, but was the warmest April on record, 0.04°C above 2016, according to NASA. Minor differences in global temperature rankings between NOAA and NASA often occur because of the the differing ways they handle data-sparse regions like the Arctic."

It is interesting that NOAA/NCEI's estimate for April 2020 is about .01 °C less hot than NASA! Bu;t much more amazing is that some keep denying global warming!!! Clearly that is opposite to the scientific data so why do they do this?

0.54, far warmer than any month prior to 1998. Looks like 2020 will easily make the top five warmest years on record, and that will mean the last six years are the warmest years on record.

View attachment 345071
Can you link to where this graph is from?

The graph is here:

A critique showing variant estimates between the UAH and RSS datasets is here:

The above Sciam article also shows this map based in data from NCEI:

Departure of temperature from average
Figure 1. Departure of temperature from average for April 2020, the second warmest April for the globe since record keeping began in 1880. Record-warm April surface temperatures were present across parts of the Atlantic Ocean, Mexico, the Gulf of Mexico, northern South America, Africa, northern Asia, as well as parts of the Indian and western Pacific oceans. Overall, April 2020 had 6.87% of the world's land and ocean surfaces with a record high April temperature. No land or ocean areas had record cold April temperatures. Credit: NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

In my area (SE Louisiana) April and May have been closer to normal compared with February - March which were above normal. We had our first 89 - 90 degree days very early. Of course, global warming is not accurately estimated by local only data - it has to be based on global data.

But I should note our winter had no pipe- freezing wearther -a first since we moved here 20 years ago!

I get my water from the Columbia River, which flows 1 1/2 north of my place. It cold as hell right now, have to wait 2-4 more weeks before I can decently swim in it.
I haven't glowed in the dark.... yet. May find out soon when I take out my refurbished 18" F 4.5 Telescope into Eastern Oregon near Ukiah.

Do you still have a football tam up there called the Isotopes? ... "hit them 'till they glow" ...

I get my water from the Columbia River, which flows 1 1/2 north of my place. It cold as hell right now, have to wait 2-4 more weeks before I can decently swim in it.
I haven't glowed in the dark.... yet. May find out soon when I take out my refurbished 18" F 4.5 Telescope into Eastern Oregon near Ukiah.

Do you still have a football tam up there called the Isotopes? ... "hit them 'till they glow" ...
No, closest was Tri-City Atoms, coached by Duke Schneider, Ron Cey was on the team. Northwest Champions for 1966 and 1968.

From NOAH/NCDC:

" The anomaly map on the left is a product of a merged land surface temperature (Global Historical Climatology Network, GHCN) and sea surface temperature (ERSST version 5) anomaly analysis. Temperature anomalies for land and ocean are analyzed separately and then merged to form the global analysis. For more information, please visit NCEI's Global Surface Temperature Anomalies page ....

During April 2020, warmer-than-average temperatures were present across much of the global land and ocean surfaces. The most notable warm temperature anomalies were present across much of northern Asia, where temperatures were 4.0°C (7.0°F) above average or higher. Other notable warm areas include western Australia, central Europe, the Gulf of Mexico, the Labrador and Bering seas, and across parts of the northern and southern Pacific Ocean and Antarctica, where temperature departures were +2.0°C (+3.6°F). Meanwhile, the most notable cool temperature departures of -2.0°C (-3.6°F) or cooler were present across much of Canada and the eastern contiguous U.S."

"Averaged as a whole, the global land and ocean surface temperature for April 2020 was 1.06°C (1.91°F) above the 20th century average of 13.7°C (56.7°F) and the second highest April temperature in the 141-year record. Only April 2016 was warmer at +1.13°C (+2.03°F). The eight warmest Aprils have occurred since 2010. April 2016 and 2020 were the only Aprils that had a global land and ocean surface temperature departure above 1.0°C (1.8°F)."

Comment:

"Earth just had its warmest May on record amid startling Siberian heat wave
New data from the Copernicus Climate Change Service shows that staggering heat anomalies in Siberia helped May set a new global temperature record."

VURDPPXV5ZFABNJSHVDLOVXHHY.png

Global average surface temperature departures from average during May 2020, compared with 1981-2010. (Copernicus Climate Change Service)"

" Globally, May was 1.13 degrees (0.63 degrees Celsius) above average compared with average May temperatures from 1981-2010, beating the previous record set in 2016. The past 12-month period (June 2019 through May 2020) was close to 1.3 degrees (0.7 Celsius) above average, matching the warmest 12-month period that was set during October 2015 through September 2016. ....

" Copernicus reports that the 12-month period is about 2.3 degrees (1.3 Celsius) above preindustrial temperatures, which is of importance to policymakers who are working to limit global warming to well below 3.6 degrees (2 Celsius) above the preindustrial average, with an aspirational goal of holding warming to 2.7 degrees (1.5 Celsius) above preindustrial levels. Scientists have shown that steep and urgent emissions cuts would be required to meet both of these goals."

Remember Greta Thunberg's warning concerning reaching 1.5 degrees Celsius global warming.

Comment:

"Earth just had its warmest May on record amid startling Siberian heat wave
New data from the Copernicus Climate Change Service shows that staggering heat anomalies in Siberia helped May set a new global temperature record."

VURDPPXV5ZFABNJSHVDLOVXHHY.png

Global average surface temperature departures from average during May 2020, compared with 1981-2010. (Copernicus Climate Change Service)"

" Globally, May was 1.13 degrees (0.63 degrees Celsius) above average compared with average May temperatures from 1981-2010, beating the previous record set in 2016. The past 12-month period (June 2019 through May 2020) was close to 1.3 degrees (0.7 Celsius) above average, matching the warmest 12-month period that was set during October 2015 through September 2016. ....

" Copernicus reports that the 12-month period is about 2.3 degrees (1.3 Celsius) above preindustrial temperatures, which is of importance to policymakers who are working to limit global warming to well below 3.6 degrees (2 Celsius) above the preindustrial average, with an aspirational goal of holding warming to 2.7 degrees (1.5 Celsius) above preindustrial levels. Scientists have shown that steep and urgent emissions cuts would be required to meet both of these goals."

Remember Greta Thunberg's warning concerning reaching 1.5 degrees Celsius global warming.

You are blind to the sensationalized Washington Compost scaremongering propaganda.

Tell us again why 1.5C warmer 8,000 years didn't end the world as we know it?

What happened to the old 2C tipping point whine?

You have heard of the Holocene Optimism before, haven't you?

Why not let some math slip into your life?

Climate Science for Everyone: How much heat can the air and ocean store?
LINK

In the link shows WHY El-Nino outflow rapidly warms the atmosphere upward, then when El-Nino fades away a rapid cooling comes along. WE have been getting a lot of strong El-Nino's since 1982, while only one strong La-Nina of 1999-2001 showed up.

Warmist/alarmists have a bad habit of ignoring climate history.

Last edited:
And, here in the real world, we had to cover up our garden again thanks to snow and hail. The temp outside is 27f.

In June.

Tommy - you posted:

"You are blind to the sensationalized Washington Compost scaremongering propaganda.

Tell us again why 1.5C warmer 8,000 years didn't end the world as we know it?"

First of all, our literature has zero to do with politics and nationalism. Our literature has never claimed climate change would end the world. Many species are becoming extinct but some are simply migrating - a thing the mammoths and mastodons could not do because of the much more rapid climate change - sudden and catastrophic in a matter of hours - not centuries.

And you seem to be deceived by the very journals you criticize - as they ignore the evidence of the Noahchian flood which suddenly changed the climate in the arctic such that millions of animals were killed (some varieties becoming extinct) as a result of this sudden change that produced the arctic permafrost which has mammoth evidence. (pun intended). The earth was warmer pre-flood and this had nothing to do with CO2 atmospheric content."

That does not change the fact that CO2 rise as well as other greenhouse gases is causing global warming and all the attendant problems mankind is facing as a result of nearing 1.5 degrees C warming (the arctic has already breached this point, btw.)

It is ironic, Tommy, that you link 'Washington' to composting. Do you have some evidence that the United States is increasing composting and decreasing burning? That would be nice since composting not only returns carbon to the soil but also produces richer top soil.

Why do you feel so negative about compost?

Last edited:

View attachment 345071

It has been COOLING over all since January 2016...... 4 years plus.

It has been COOLING over all since early 1998.... 22 years.

2016 .88C Big El-Nino years

1998 .75C Big El-Nino years

May 2020 .54C Weak El-Nino years

Math is hard for Old Rocks!

Your warmest month/year on record claims are highly misleading.

Wait until we finally get a Big La-Nina.......

Cheers
Now Tommy boy, why don't you just hang a big sign on your back saying " I'm Stupid"? Because, as anyone can see, the temperatures have been going up since 1998.

View attachment 345540

Really, how do you explain this?

1998 .75C

May 2020 .54C

Which number is bigger, take your time as this is high end math.

By the way you didn't answer this:

"You live in the Twilight Zone?"
LOL Now, my poor little idiot child, that is one month. Look at the months on both sides out for six months each way. But you won't do that, as it might interfere with your willful ignorance.
1591637266426.png

Note there are three months as high or higher since 1998, and the months around them are far higher than the months around the peak of 1998. Sad you have to expose your inability to process simple information to the whole world.

View attachment 345071

Oh lookey, more fanciful charts based on imagination. Here in the real world we are still having to cover our vegetables because it is still dropping below freezing at night.

Once again the real world bitchslaps the computer model pushers.
And you continue to lie. That is not a computer model, that is a chart made from satellite observations. Satellite observations by American, EU, Chinese, Russian, and Japanese satellites.

What Tommy is saying is that we should pay no attention to the fact that he and most of the deniers here have been predicting strong cooling instead of record warm temps, meaning they've done a faceplant into a cow patty again.

That's why he was deflecting. If I had pooched it as totally as he's pooched it, I'd try to deflect too.

View attachment 345071

Cheers
Now Tommy boy, why don't you just hang a big sign on your back saying " I'm Stupid"? Because, as anyone can see, the temperatures have been going up since 1998.

View attachment 345540

1998 .75C

May 2020 .54C

LOL Now, my poor little idiot child, that is one month. Look at the months on both sides out for six months each way. But you won't do that, as it might interfere with your willful ignorance. View attachment 347531

Note there are three months as high or higher since 1998, and the months around them are far higher than the months around the peak of 1998. Sad you have to expose your inability to process simple information to the whole world.

Still waiting for your high end math skills to kick in and answer this question you have avoided completely:

Post 14 a week ago,

"Really, how do you explain this?

1998 .75C

May 2020 .54C

Which number is bigger, take your time as this is high end math...."

View attachment 345071

Cheers

View attachment 345540

1998 .75C

May 2020 .54C

LOL Now, my poor little idiot child, that is one month. Look at the months on both sides out for six months each way. But you won't do that, as it might interfere with your willful ignorance. View attachment 347531

Cooling since 2016:

1591894077486.png

LINK

===

Cooling since 1998:

1591894152509.png

LINK

===

You have been defeated, I accept your surrender.

Forum List

Back