Another Underwater Monster Story -- Lake Champlain Monster

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
6SPAEJD3ZZEZ7LIEJKDRXCF2NA.png

This one is told by an amateur, so wouldn't hold out that she is right about her sonar finding of the Lake Champlain monster.

"Sasquatch and Champ are two legendary Upstate NY creatures that either you believe they exist or you don’t. There’s no definitive proof of either at this point.

Earlier this month, though, Katy Elizabeth, of Ferrisburg, Vt., director of the Champ Search group, claims to have taken a step in confirming the existence of Champ, the legendary Lake Champlain water monster that has been called America’s Loch Ness monster.

Elizabeth has an underwater image -- specifically, two marks on a sonar screen—taken from a speeding boat on the lake. It was taken at about 3 p.m. Aug. 5 while Elizabeth and two members of her group, Frank and Theresa Horton, were out on the group’s 17-foot Bayliner boat doing a 30-mile radius of echo scans of the lake’s bottom on the New York and Vermont sides.

Noticing they were low on gas, the threesome headed back to Port Henry on the New York side, getting up to 45 mph, Elizabeth said. All the time, they keep their sonar on and continued to take pictures of the images that came up on the screen.

The following day, when Elizabeth checked the sonar images, she was amazed as she examined one. She said she started both shaking and crying while looking at it.

“I knew it was Champ,” she said. “There were two animals.”

She estimated one was about 25 feet long – the other, nearly 30 feet long. She added that there were protuberances on their heads."

Looking for Champ: Sonar image could provide proof of Lake Champlain monster

Catfish-679209.jpg

Example of a giant catfish

The other story is that of the Loch Ness monster which broke in April and was supposed to be revealed in July 2019. The evolution scientist and his team were trying to get a tv documentary made of their findings. This story had more promise as the study was to be done by a scientific team to compare DNA samples around the loch with their world renowned DNA database. This was an University of Otago (New Zealand) scientist who, with his team was going to use DNA trace evidence around the lake to discover what animals, fishes, plants, and so on lived in the loch. Interesting premise, but his bias didn't allow him to sell the story of looking for a monster to tv producers. For one, he didn't believe in any monster and thought the eyewitness accounts were just legend. He wanted to answer which of the main theories of the "monster" in Loch Ness were valid or not. To be a neutral scientists, he should be looking for an actual monster or large marine animal, possibly a plesiosaur (not a dinosaur, but large, ancient marine reptile). He never mentioned whether he had any of its DNA. Later, he revealed that he thought the Loch Ness monster was just legend that people made up. That took the wind out of the sails. Moreover, I discovered before his reveal this month, probably this week, that it was a giant catfish. He stated its head was as big as a car's hood. I'm not sure what evidence he had for it, but don't think he wasn't able to sell his story to tv. I'm not even sure if he even was able to capture a giant catfish.

Loch Ness monster mystery solved? Study claims ancient dinosaur discovery influenced delusion

What do you believe of these stories we get from time to time?

This one is told by an amateur, so wouldn't hold out that she is right about her sonar finding of the Lake Champlain monster.

"Sasquatch and Champ are two legendary Upstate NY creatures that either you believe they exist or you don’t. There’s no definitive proof of either at this point.

Earlier this month, though, Katy Elizabeth, of Ferrisburg, Vt., director of the Champ Search group, claims to have taken a step in confirming the existence of Champ, the legendary Lake Champlain water monster that has been called America’s Loch Ness monster.

Elizabeth has an underwater image -- specifically, two marks on a sonar screen—taken from a speeding boat on the lake. It was taken at about 3 p.m. Aug. 5 while Elizabeth and two members of her group, Frank and Theresa Horton, were out on the group’s 17-foot Bayliner boat doing a 30-mile radius of echo scans of the lake’s bottom on the New York and Vermont sides.

Noticing they were low on gas, the threesome headed back to Port Henry on the New York side, getting up to 45 mph, Elizabeth said. All the time, they keep their sonar on and continued to take pictures of the images that came up on the screen.

The following day, when Elizabeth checked the sonar images, she was amazed as she examined one. She said she started both shaking and crying while looking at it.

She estimated one was about 25 feet long – the other, nearly 30 feet long. She added that there were protuberances on their heads."

Catfish-679209.jpg

The other story is that of the Loch Ness monster which broke in April and was supposed to be revealed in July 2019. The evolution scientist and his team were trying to get a tv documentary made of their findings. This story had more promise as the study was to be done by a scientific team to compare DNA samples around the loch with their world renowned DNA database. This was an University of Otago (New Zealand) scientist who, with his team was going to use DNA trace evidence around the lake to discover what animals, fishes, plants, and so on lived in the loch. Interesting premise, but his bias didn't allow him to sell the story of looking for a monster to tv producers. For one, he didn't believe in any monster and thought the eyewitness accounts were just legend. He wanted to answer which of the main theories of the "monster" in Loch Ness were valid or not. To be a neutral scientists, he should be looking for an actual monster or large marine animal, possibly a plesiosaur (not a dinosaur, but large, ancient marine reptile). He never mentioned whether he had any of its DNA. Later, he revealed that he thought the Loch Ness monster was just legend that people made up. That took the wind out of the sails. Moreover, I discovered before his reveal this month, probably this week, that it was a giant catfish. He stated its head was as big as a car's hood. I'm not sure what evidence he had for it, but don't think he wasn't able to sell his story to tv. I'm not even sure if he even was able to capture a giant catfish.

Loch Ness monster mystery solved? Study claims ancient dinosaur discovery influenced delusion

...and in other news Beto O’Rourke was caught humping a monkey.

Catfish-679209.jpg

Catfish-679209.jpg

Interesting the shark was over 200 years old.

You can get free trips to Scotland for life now if you are in the first twenty who can show evidence of Nessie. If I had evidence of no Nessie, then I would request free trips, too, but one will have to explain away the eyewitnesses and evidence they have gathered, so it won't be a slam dunk.

"Snaptrip.com is offering members of the public free stays in Scottish residences for life, if they can deliver proof that the Loch Ness monster exists.

Snaptrip.com founder Matt Fox said: “We want to get our hands on as much evidence as possible to prove that the monster is real and give our customers yet another reason to visit the beautiful Scottish Isles.

"If you have any proof, please get in touch and let us know!”

The site will review evidence on a case-by-case basis - and offer the first 20 people to send in "satisfactory proof" free trips.

The firm said they were particularly interested in video footage, high-res photographs, and corroborating eyewitness accounts.

The company also said independent eyewitness accounts from the same sighting would help - especially from people who don't know each other."

You can get free holidays in Scotland for life - if you can prove Nessie exists

Welp, it looks like the New Zealand scientists will make their report tomorrow. Let's see if I was right in my investigation about them predicting it's a large catfish and that they got no tv producers to buy in for their documentary. The articles says last month, but the team knew since July. They were stalling to try and get tv money for a documentary and give them even more publicity and have someone pay for their research.

"A team of scientists are to reveal the "plausible theory" they have identified for sightings of Nessie.

Research led by a New Zealand university has sought to catalogue all living life in Loch Ness by analysing DNA collected from water samples.

Last month, the team said it had a biological explanation for the Loch Ness Monster.

This along with other findings from the study are to be announced at an event in Drumnadrochit later on Thursday."

Loch Ness Monster theory to be revealed

Loch Ness monster turns out to be an... eel.

What a disappointment. An eel is a fish and the catfish is related to it, but it's very common in the Loch. What else did they find? Who knows? Who cares?

Anyway, I think people will continue to believe in the Loch Ness monster as the research team was lacking in providing information like how they got DNA of a plesiosaur or other ancient marine reptile. They sounded boring for a scientific research group.

"Following analysis, the scientists have ruled out the presence of large animals said to be behind reports of a monster.

No evidence of a prehistoric marine reptile called a plesiosaur or a large fish such as a sturgeon were found.

Catfish and suggestions that a wandering Greenland shark were behind the sightings were also discounted."

'Steve Feltham, who is recognised by the Guinness Book of Records for the longest continuous monster hunting vigil of Loch Ness, is not convinced the scientists have yet identified the creature behind the sightings.

Mr Feltham, who made childhood visits to the Highlands and moved from Dorset almost 30 years ago to look for Nessie, said the research had not ruled out other animals such as seals being mistaken for the monster.

The presence of eels in the the loch was no big surprise, he added.

He added: "A 12-year-old boy could tell you there are eels in Loch Ness. I caught eels in the loch when I was a 12-year-old boy."'

Loch Ness Monster may be giant eel, say scientists

Anyway, the two best shows I've seen about Loch Ness are more interesting. The first one sounds more scientific and interesting. The second one makes you think what is in Loch Ness?

Naked Science - Loch Ness

Loch Ness Investigation

Forum List

Back