Another "Space Ice" Classic!

It honestly amazes me that people make films like this. Does the industry actually make any money on this stuff? Where do they go? Are they made specifically for video shops? Do people pay to watch them?

It honestly amazes me that people make films like this. Does the industry actually make any money on this stuff? Where do they go? Are they made specifically for video shops? Do people pay to watch them?

Yes, yes and yes ... Disney strong-arms Spectrum to carry twelve or fifteen channels ... half of them carry this kind of tripe ... with minimal production costs, and customers not noticing the tiny extra on their cable bill ... both Disney and Spectrum make big big profits ...

Audiences don't want sex and violence ... but it's dirt cheap to produce ... profit is all that matters ... and AI is a big help maximizing that profit ... writing, acting, lighting is all done better with computers ...

The video in the OP is a bit old ... have Pixar do this and it'll gross $25 million easy ... run it once a week on cable ... no one will notice ...

... Disney strong-arms Spectrum to carry twelve or fifteen channels ..
I didn't know that.
... half of them carry this kind of tripe ... with minimal production costs, and customers not noticing the tiny extra on their cable bill ..
I believe it.
... both Disney and Spectrum make big big profits ...
That's the part I don't understand.
Audiences don't want sex and violence ... but it's dirt cheap to produce ... profit is all that matters ... and AI is a big help maximizing that profit ... writing, acting, lighting is all done better with computers ...
I'm beginning to understand now. Thanks!:bow2:

That's the part I don't understand.

That both parties profit? ...

Let say I'm buying widgets at $10 a piece, and selling them at $20 ... the City slaps on a dollar per widget carpet tax ... now I have to charge $22 in order to maintain profit margins ... a dollar for the City and a dollar for me ... I deserve $275 per yard carpeting as much as the City does ... so Spectrum raised rates double what Disney was busting them for ... to maintain profit margins ...

The sad part is the courts overturned the carpet tax ... but I'm still charging $22 and just keeping both dollars ... capitalism at it's finest ...

That both parties profit? ...

Let say I'm buying widgets at $10 a piece, and selling them at $20 ... the City slaps on a dollar per widget carpet tax ... now I have to charge $22 in order to maintain profit margins ... a dollar for the City and a dollar for me ... I deserve $275 per yard carpeting as much as the City does ... so Spectrum raised rates double what Disney was busting them for ... to maintain profit margins ...

The sad part is the courts overturned the carpet tax ... but I'm still charging $22 and just keeping both dollars ... capitalism at it's finest ...
I think (and hope) the point you were trying to make in your previous response is that people are easily fooled into spending their money on bulk rather than quality - dazzled by "Wow! I'm getting 12 channels!"

Forum List

Back