Another Question for those who lie on the Census:

I think it hilarious when people lie or don't feel it out, especially people who have a problem with taxes.
The census helps many, including businesses.
So in reality you want to slow down the progression of capitalism, and do not agree with " no taxation without representation."

I pay taxes based on my income - not whether I'm black, blue, purple, or Hispanic. It makes no difference what race I am.

Which is why I mentioned businesses benefiting from the census. ;)
How are you going to know the demographics of a community, if you don't take a survey of that community?

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

Last edited:
Just mailed ours in this morning, complete with names and phone number.

No BFD. :cool:

Exactly. No BFD...not invasive and took me all of 3 minutes to fill it out.
I gave my name, my wife and my children...and I gave my phone number...
Something tells me I do not need to worry about them selling my info to a list company.

They want to know how many people are living in a specific area. Anything else is irrelevant. And they sure as hell don't need my phone number because "2" is such a confusing response.

Unless you're going to try and tell me the local tchotchki shop is going to carry 6 MORE key chains that say "Billy" because there's 6 people named Billy is a 6 block radius.

I think it hilarious when people lie or don't feel it out, especially people who have a problem with taxes.
The census helps many, including businesses.
So in reality you want to slow down the progression of capitalism, and do not agree with " no taxation without representation."

Something like that actually requires thought, Luissa...

I've been doing some research on Ancestors.com and it is amazing how effective old census records are in finding out about your ancestors. Long after you are gone, that census becomes your legacy. It provides a trail to who you were, who your kids were, where you lived. In a way, the census is a mini-timecapsule for your childrens, childrens garandchildren to find out who you were

Well...in the future land of Idiocracy which is where America is headed, I'm not sure my offspring would have a clue what I was all about at the time. Nor will they care.

I pay taxes based on my income - not whether I'm black, blue, purple, or Hispanic. It makes no difference what race I am.

How are you going to know the demographics of a community, if you don't take a survey of that community?

What's the importance of knowing the demographics of a community? All they need to know and all that is required is to know how many people live in a certain area. What good does it do to know whether they're white, black, brown, or any other color?

Why don't you do some homework yourself?

Powered by Google Docs

Why don't you do some homework yourself?