Another Officer Is Wrongfully Arrested For A Justified Shooting

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"New Jersey's top law enforcement official brought criminal charges Monday against a police officer he said shot a fleeing person in the back, wounding him severely. Attorney General Matthew Platkin said the state filed charges of second-degree aggravated assault and official misconduct against Paterson Police Officer Jerry Moravek. Platkin said the person did not have a gun in his possession or within reach. A firearm was found near the site of the shooting, according to the charging document, but Platkin said there was no DNA or fingerprint evidence linking it to the man.

Moravek's attorney, Patrick Caserta, said in a statement that his client had been falsely accused. He said the officer had a duty to pursue the person he thought had fired shots.
"He believed at that split-second that the person he was chasing was turning to fire that handgun at him and he realized that if he missed, the bullets could strike anyone nearby," the statement read. Video released from the incident shows Moravek asking the person he shot why he ran from him. "I was scared. I don't have no gun, though" he said.

I fully expect that this officer will be acquitted if the charges haven't been dropped already...he had every right to believe the person he was chasing was armed and dangerous....also, what type of moron runs when they hear gunshots? When you hear gunshots, you wait until you see an officer responding and then comply with that officers commands.....The fact this guy thinks he can just run willy nilly thru the streets just because he heard gunshots as was afraid doesn't add up.....He most likely was the shooter and he tossed the gun away-- wiped his prints and DNA off of the gun--- and then threw it far enough away to where it wasn't near him -- right after he was shot.

I've never seen a "BAD" Police shooting? One marginal one (perhaps) in CLEVE when the 12 yr. old 300lber waving a toy gun in the rain got put down? But since you never get the true story from MSM or GOVT....you have to rely on the video.

As long as 180 Police are executed by street vermin each year..........Then obviously they are not shooting enough of the scum.

"New Jersey's top law enforcement official brought criminal charges Monday against a police officer he said shot a fleeing person in the back, wounding him severely. Attorney General Matthew Platkin said the state filed charges of second-degree aggravated assault and official misconduct against Paterson Police Officer Jerry Moravek. Platkin said the person did not have a gun in his possession or within reach. A firearm was found near the site of the shooting, according to the charging document, but Platkin said there was no DNA or fingerprint evidence linking it to the man.

Moravek's attorney, Patrick Caserta, said in a statement that his client had been falsely accused. He said the officer had a duty to pursue the person he thought had fired shots.
"He believed at that split-second that the person he was chasing was turning to fire that handgun at him and he realized that if he missed, the bullets could strike anyone nearby," the statement read. Video released from the incident shows Moravek asking the person he shot why he ran from him. "I was scared. I don't have no gun, though" he said.

I fully expect that this officer will be acquitted if the charges haven't been dropped already...he had every right to believe the person he was chasing was armed and dangerous....also, what type of moron runs when they hear gunshots? When you hear gunshots, you wait until you see an officer responding and then comply with that officers commands.....The fact this guy thinks he can just run willy nilly thru the streets just because he heard gunshots as was afraid doesn't add up.....He most likely was the shooter and he tossed the gun away-- wiped his prints and DNA off of the gun--- and then threw it far enough away to where it wasn't near him -- right after he was shot.
Gee, I just don't understand why officers are leaving departments in droves and recruitment is so bad. It has me completely stumped.

Forum List

Back