..Another J6 Perp goes to prison, blames Trump ...

Ah, poster Concerned American is fretting over a slight to Don Trump he imagines my poor avatar may have made. Unfortunately, his zeal overcomes his studiousness. Others have claimed Don Trump directed them to riot at the Capitol. Others.....such as MAGAPerps have, in fact, made that very assertion in their criminal trials. And frankly, they have much greater skin in the game than my avatar an would know more than me. True that.

One example:

POLITICS

"Ohio man who argued he was "directed" by Trump to join the Jan. 6 Capitol riot convicted on all counts"​

Thompson chose a different legal strategy, fighting the counts that ultimately brought him before a jury. He didn't deny he had taken part in the breach and instead argued that at the time, he believed that Trump's speech near the White House authorized his actions.

During that rally, Trump used incendiary language like "fight like hell" and told the crowd he would join them in marching to the Capitol to contest the 2020 election results.

"It is hard to imagine a more striking example than the President of the United States directly instructing an individual to engage in the precise conduct for which he is later indicted," Thompson's legal team argued in pretrial briefs. His lawyers even asked the court's permission to call the former president and his allies as witnesses in the trial.

"Mr. Trump and his conspirators engaged in a concerted effort to deceive the public, including Defendant, into believing that American democracy was at stake if Congress was permitted to certify the election results," they argued.
And he was wrong and you know it because you have heard the actual statement. Give it up, the congress came up empty and so are you. LOL, but you and your avatar keep playing with yourselves and you'll get it one day.

Reported today in the Detroit Free Press: (emphasis by my avatar)

"Anthony Puma admitted to breaking into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, through a broken window, videotaping the melee on his GoPro camera and posting it to Facebook — but says President Donald Trump "tricked" him into rebelling that day — and he therefore shouldn't go to prison for it.

A judge disagreed.

Puma, a 50-year-old husband and father who now says he regrets his actions and has "disavowed" his support for Trump, will be in a federal prison for nine months for participating in the violent attack that sought to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

"Mr. Puma deeply regrets his actions. ... He acknowledged that he was encouraged by the former President Trump and has disavowed himself from any dangerous propaganda that led him to commit a crime. While this does not excuse his actions, Mr. Puma genuinely feels tricked by the former president who he trusted would not steer him down an illegal path," Puma's lawyer previously argued in court documents. "He now knows he should have never fell for his manipulation strategies."

-----------------------------------------------

I haven't kept count of the MAGA-jackasses who have been arrested for J6 and then went before a judge to claim Don Trump 'tricked' em, or lead them, or ordered them, or directed them.....to go to the Capitol and break in to the building to stop the Constitutionally-mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power.

I don't believe...tho I stand ready to be corrected...that that particular line of defense has been particularly effective before judges or juries.

Still, the whole world witnessed Don Trump summoning the mob ('Come to DC, it'll be wild'...'stand back and stand by'), assembling the mob at the Eclipse, and then directing them to go directly at our Representatives and our Capitol. We all saw it.

Still, judges seemingly are taking the tack that it is 'individual choice' on one's own actions that are most determinant. And are seemingly also taking the tack that Trump's responsibility for J6 is more rightfully addressed in another court.

So off to prison these J6 Jackasses go.

So be it. I am satisfied that those we saw on the telly smashing a cop, or breaking a window, or vandalizing an office.....are getting justice served. If any of that can be officially pinned on Don Trump, as I personally think a share of it should be....well, I'm cool with that too. But in the meantime, will be glad to see the TDS'rs ---Trump's Duped & Snookered --- go to the slammer so they can better contemplate their role in the American tragedy of January 6th.

IMHO
Another win for the good guys

If there is no stolen election, then there is no protest on January 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, in the real world of 'but for' reality, we have the following:

If Don Trump didn't summon, assemble, incite, and direct the gathered-together MAGAMob at the Eclipse ...... well then, there would have been no seditionist attack on our elected Representatives and the People's House.

No 140+ uniformed officers injured, no dead Babbitt, no pooping in the halls of Congress.
No 1,003+ MAGA-Perps arrested....upending their life and their families lives.

But for Don Trump.

IMHO

"Nope, it is fitting."

Ah, that is a sad rejoinder.
In my opinion....and I don't mean this pejoratively, but......but the avataree Concerned American seemingly has within his life a lot of anger and frustration. It bubbles out inappropriately in social interactions, like right here.

But, having said that.....me and likely the whole MessageBoard....hope that he can eventually find contentment, if not a modicum of success. It may not be too late.

Good luck, Concerned American.

Reported today in the Detroit Free Press: (emphasis by my avatar)

"Anthony Puma admitted to breaking into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, through a broken window, videotaping the melee on his GoPro camera and posting it to Facebook — but says President Donald Trump "tricked" him into rebelling that day — and he therefore shouldn't go to prison for it.

A judge disagreed.

Puma, a 50-year-old husband and father who now says he regrets his actions and has "disavowed" his support for Trump, will be in a federal prison for nine months for participating in the violent attack that sought to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

"Mr. Puma deeply regrets his actions. ... He acknowledged that he was encouraged by the former President Trump and has disavowed himself from any dangerous propaganda that led him to commit a crime. While this does not excuse his actions, Mr. Puma genuinely feels tricked by the former president who he trusted would not steer him down an illegal path," Puma's lawyer previously argued in court documents. "He now knows he should have never fell for his manipulation strategies."

-----------------------------------------------

I haven't kept count of the MAGA-jackasses who have been arrested for J6 and then went before a judge to claim Don Trump 'tricked' em, or lead them, or ordered them, or directed them.....to go to the Capitol and break in to the building to stop the Constitutionally-mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power.

I don't believe...tho I stand ready to be corrected...that that particular line of defense has been particularly effective before judges or juries.

Still, the whole world witnessed Don Trump summoning the mob ('Come to DC, it'll be wild'...'stand back and stand by'), assembling the mob at the Eclipse, and then directing them to go directly at our Representatives and our Capitol. We all saw it.

Still, judges seemingly are taking the tack that it is 'individual choice' on one's own actions that are most determinant. And are seemingly also taking the tack that Trump's responsibility for J6 is more rightfully addressed in another court.

So off to prison these J6 Jackasses go.

So be it. I am satisfied that those we saw on the telly smashing a cop, or breaking a window, or vandalizing an office.....are getting justice served. If any of that can be officially pinned on Don Trump, as I personally think a share of it should be....well, I'm cool with that too. But in the meantime, will be glad to see the TDS'rs ---Trump's Duped & Snookered --- go to the slammer so they can better contemplate their role in the American tragedy of January 6th.

IMHO
he sounds like a typical Dembot, blaming everyone else for their horrible life choices.

Nice try moron. Do you have a link to when Trump ever said anything resembling this claptrap?^^
Of course you don't. You can tell when a democrat lies--what am I thinking--THEY ALWAYS LIE.
Trump could have at least paid for the guy's legal defense tho

I mean, these people were patriots, heroes....why isn't he paying for the legal fees?

At this point the crazy liberal insurrection conspiracy is backfiring on them.
People know that it is a lie.
People know that the Protesters are being abused by the far-left extremist Democrats.
No, "people" dont know that. Maybe you are counting "people" as those crazy voices in your head, I don't know.

LOL you actually think people breaking into the US Capitol is not worthy of being convicted of a crime. That's how far gone your mind is.

No, "people" dont know that. Maybe you are counting "people" as those crazy voices in your head, I don't know.

LOL you actually think people breaking into the US Capitol is not worthy of being convicted of a crime. That's how far gone your mind is.
Stop watching CNN and MSNBC.
They are Left Wing crackpot propaganda "News".
There was no insurrection.
No one has been charged with insurrection.
People are being charged with trespassing and then being locked-up for years without a trial for minor crimes.
I can see these people winning lawsuits for 6th amendment rights violations with huge payouts in their future.

Stop watching CNN and MSNBC.
They are Left Wing crackpot propaganda "News".
There was no insurrection.
No one has been charged with insurrection.
People are being charged with trespassing and then being locked-up for years without a trial for minor crimes.
I can see these people winning lawsuits for 6th amendment rights violations with huge payouts in their future.
1. I dont watch either.
2. Seditious conspiracy. Close enough.
3. Nobody has been locked up for years without a trial that arent deemed a danger to the public . Name me one person locked up for years that was charged with only a misdemeanor.
4. You probably see a lot of things that arent real.

No, there are not. Name one.

Name me one person locked up for years that was charged with only a misdemeanor.

Ditto john doe.
Now name two, TrogRdumb. One for john doe; one for me.
Help us to trust your word.
Don't be untrustworthy.

J6-1-1-696x464.jpg

The Capitol Police need to beat an unarmed woman this badly?

3 cops in riot gear. One bloodied woman.

The Capitol Police need to beat an unarmed woman this badly?

Played stupid games....and won.... (well, you know the rest).

She should be thankful (and her family too)....that she wasn't Ashli Babbitt'ed.

Attacking police often ends badly.
Duh!

"It was a protest against the obvious fraud."

But, notably.....that 'obvious fraud' has yet to be ruled as such by over 90 judges in over 60 court cases.
So, one could reasonably conjecture...it ain't so "obvious" after all.

Unless, of course, good poster Lastamender has some deadsolid killer evidence that he has...after 29 months.....refused to divulge to authorities!

What kind of patriotic American would refuse to turn over such critical evidence in such an important matter?

Well, maybe an 'unpatriotic' American?

I dunno. Just asking the question.

Forum List

Back