Another interesting health care poll

The majority of Americans favored the bill or something stronger.

The right was trying to lump people against it because it didn't go far enough into their camp.

The right was trying to gain support because this Health Care Reform Bill didn't go far enough, period.

I am going to say this once, for your personal benefit Vast. The public option doesn't make your health care free. The most likely way to get the money will be a payroll tax like SS or Medicare which is paid 50% by the employer. The bulk of people work for small businesses.

Nobody said it was "free", so your advice "for my personal benefit" is unwarranted.

It would allow the option to purchase a Government run, not-for-profit health care insurance option, that runs lower administrative costs than private options, thus saving employers and individuals money on premiums.

Existing government-run options like Medicare, are examples of just this sort of administrative cost savings.

WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday,

Assuming that the poll reflects the opinion of the majority, isn't tyranny by the majority , tyranny nevertheless?

The opinion of the majority (which I have always believed should be at least a 2/3rds majority), or the vote if you will, is not tyranny. It is part of the process by which civilization establishes laws to live by.

WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday,

Assuming that the poll reflects the opinion of the majority, isn't tyranny by the majority , tyranny nevertheless?

And the inverse of that would be that blocking said bill, that so many people see as beneficial, would be a "tyranny of the minority".

show me where they have used the 20% to say they want a car with less options....

all i've seen is using the 20% to say people don't want "this" bill, which thus makes true that the majority do not want "this" bill

Intent is subjective and the last thing I am going to do is play semantic games with you.

translation of A15 speak:

i can't prove my allegation so i will incorrectly whine about semantics

its not semantics, they either made the claim as you said, or they didn't....its dishonest to make the claim, and then when called on it, to claim its just semantics, either they did what you said in bold and underline, or they didn't. you throw semantics around all the time, its clear you have no concept of what semantics mean and use it as a wuss excuse to get out of admitting you're wrong

No, it's just a big waste of time to argue crap like this with you.

I could pull up a quote of a poster, pundit, or politician saying something like this which was commonly heard during the last year:

"This healthcare bill is an illegal government takeover of the insurance industry. The majority of Americans do not want this bill. Kill the bill."

A statement like this is clearly advocating less of a bill and saying that the majority of Americans don't want the bill without acknowledging that a chunk of that majority wants a further reaching bill.

You would deny it and ask for another example or whatever and I'm not going to waste my time chasing a string around for you.

Sorry, but that's incorrect...

It's been explained in Ravi's other thread she abandoned...

The majority of americans DO and DID favor reforming health care.

The majority of americans DIDN'T and DO NOT favor the bill that was just passed.

Semantics can be very deceptive.

Err, not according to Gallup:

uietbdz8hk6yhexwajrsia.gif

By Slim Margin, Americans Support Healthcare Bill's Passage

The polls are going to soar the more people find out there's no death panels and that Fidel Castro is not going to be your new primary physician. The inevitable backpedaling of the psycho little-r republicans will insure this.

The majority of americans DO and DID favor reforming health care.

The majority of americans DIDN'T and DO NOT favor the bill that was just passed.

Semantics can be very deceptive.

Err, not according to Gallup:

uietbdz8hk6yhexwajrsia.gif

By Slim Margin, Americans Support Healthcare Bill's Passage

The polls are going to soar the more people find out there's no death panels and that Fidel Castro is not going to be your new primary physician. The inevitable backpedaling of the psycho little-r republicans will insure this.

From your source:

"Although much of the public debate over healthcare reform has been heated, barely a third of rank-and-file citizens express either enthusiasm (15%) or anger (19%) about the bill's passage. However, only Democrats show greater enthusiasm than anger. Independents are twice as likely to be angry as enthusiastic, and Republicans 10 times as likely."

The swing voters are two to one against. Over a third of voters are highly polorized. Your poll has an error rate of + or - 4%, which makes it potentially a dead heat.

Intent is subjective and the last thing I am going to do is play semantic games with you.

its not semantics, they either made the claim as you said, or they didn't....its dishonest to make the claim, and then when called on it, to claim its just semantics, either they did what you said in bold and underline, or they didn't. you throw semantics around all the time, its clear you have no concept of what semantics mean and use it as a wuss excuse to get out of admitting you're wrong

I could pull up a quote of a poster, pundit, or politician saying something like this which was commonly heard during the last year:

"This healthcare bill is an illegal government takeover of the insurance industry. The majority of Americans do not want this bill. Kill the bill."

A statement like this is clearly advocating less of a bill and saying that the majority of Americans don't want the bill without acknowledging that a chunk of that majority wants a further reaching bill.

You would deny it and ask for another example or whatever and I'm not going to waste my time chasing a string around for you.

IOW

you made a claim and can't back it up, but are too dishonest to admit, got it

you're really a whiny simp dude...you demand others back up their claims, yet when you're asked to do so, you can't be bothered and its a waste of time

here is some free advice, don't make claims if you just going to whine when someone asks you to back it up....and get a dictionary and learn what semantics is

IOW

you made a claim and can't back it up, but are too dishonest to admit, got it

you're really a whiny simp dude...you demand others back up their claims, yet when you're asked to do so, you can't be bothered and its a waste of time

here is some free advice, don't make claims if you just going to whine when someone asks you to back it up....and get a dictionary and learn what semantics is

No, there are no "in other words."

There are only my words. I will speak for myself, thank you very much.

From my quick glance of those Gallup poll numbers it is obvious that Democrats and Republicans are equally out of step with us Independents. I find both camps to be oh so weird.

From my quick glance of those Gallup poll numbers it is obvious that Democrats and Republicans are equally out of step with us Independents. I find both camps to be oh so weird.

independent independents are independent of other independents.

You know what would have been good for that?

A Public Option.

Just sayin'...

B'loney. Adding to the expense structure of a small business just causes them to reduce employees. We see that in the unemployment levels today.

:rolleyes: a joe the plumber school of business laureate strikes again.

maybe, just maybe, a business owner might think to raise prices commensurate with a cost increase.

maybe.

Attempt to be clever? Independents are united in their distrust of either party. More so the one that is in power at the moment.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating:

The Republicans peaked too early. They blew their wad with the Scott Brown election and they really didn't have anything else after that. They acted like they'd already won the debate when really, it wasn't over.

Attempt to be clever? Independents are united in their distrust of either party. More so the one that is in power at the moment.
distrust isnt the only qualifier. there's policy, too. many independents are essentially republican, except more socially liberal, or not into the hillbilly racist scene, or arent into sara palin, for example.

independents, by definition, arent herded into your generalizations quite so easily.

Looking like the Republican "punishment" of Democrats in November was premature. Now they will have to answer for their opposition to healthcare.

Senator....why are you trying to take away my healthcare??

really....a few years down the road is when your going to see who was right or wrong.....dont get to boastful Rw....the results aint in yet....

Funny how its only positive AFTER it passed.

Considering it was negative for over a year.

Because the riht cant stop people from seeingthe benifits of this thing.

Personally, my favorite is my daughter can be on my policy until she turns 27. That is huge to me.

My best friend, his favorite is the pre existing thing.

Chris said his favorite part is that he can now give you and Dean Rectal exams....and teach you 2 how to play with your Chonies and he gets paid for it.....only in America....:lol:

Forum List

Back