Another illegal Obama scheme exposed. DACA ruled unconstitutional.

It was unConstitutional and a President was slapped for exceeding his limits of power, that is a win for the good of the country. Presidents need to be reigned in on Executive Orders for the good of the country. The House and the Senate have Democratic Party majorities, if they work to make it a law, that is fine by me, it will be done with in the limits of our Constitution.

President's don't just need to be 'reigned in' for intentionally violating the Constitution and Rule of Law because doing so is part of fetting their agenda advanced.

As pointed out, Barry declared he had no Consturutional authority to affect citizenship...right before he issued the DACA EO.

This should and will go down in history as a President intentionally violating the Constitution to push a leftist / Democrat agenda.

He shod have be (and still should be) CENSURED, at the least, for doing so...

...as Biden should be for violating the Constitution and Rule of Law for his failed, national security-threatening, nation-harming Open Border-illegal invasion policies and actions!

DACA was created in a 2012 memorandum issued by former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. The program does not grant legal immigration status to its beneficiaries, but it does protect them from deportation and allows them to apply for work permits and a Social Security number.

These protections and benefits are provided in two-year renewable intervals.

To qualify for DACA, a person must have arrived in the U.S. before their 16th birthday and before June 15, 2007. Immigrants are ineligible for the program if they have been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor like domestic violence or sexual abuse, or three or more misdemeanor offenses. They also cannot be deemed a threat to national security or public safety.
Thank you for that.

So nothing in the Constitution prevents what Obama did?
yes, it does. have you not read opinion of the court?

the president can’t unilaterally make laws. i get as a demafascist you want a stalinist dictator but the constitution forbids it

review Art 1 and Art 2 of the US Constitution. Congress has legislative powers, not the president

DACA is legal in that DHS has authority as to how it implements the law.

Of course if this gets to the radical right wing Supreme Court you can feel assured that they will rule against it and hundreds of thousands of people who have called America home all of their lives...served in the military...graduated from college...opened businesses...will be deported to countries they have never been to ...where many don't even speak the language

yes, it does. have you not read opinion of the court?
No need.
the president can’t unilaterally make laws.
That goes for GOP presidents as well, right? Because there was funding re-directed to a wall project as I recall. Congress allocated the money for one thing and it got moved to something else. Surely that was unconstitutional as well, right?
review Art 1 and Art 2 of the US Constitution. Congress has legislative powers, not the president
And if the congress would act...the president would not have to do these executive orders.

Do you think we should be deporting people to a nation they've never lived in? I mean...there is insanity and then there is INSANITY.... are you the former or the latter?

And the likelihood of a GOP congress doing that is nil.

Now with a Dem House and a Senate that has enough Dems to get rid of the filibuster...yea...it gets passed.
There was a Dem House and Senate when they said no.

"I am Not a King"

America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don't have a choice about that. That's part of my job.

But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. …

With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case
, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government.

Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”

-- President Barak Obama....just before he Un-Constitutionally, admittedly, issued his DACA EO.

And the likelihood of a GOP congress doing that is nil.

Now with a Dem House and a Senate that has enough Dems to get rid of the filibuster...yea...it gets passed.
We need BOTH sides to come to an agreement. Many Republicans are OK with doing immigration reform but it comes with a price - closing the borders instead of hanging out the welcome sign. Now that doesn't necessarily mean a wall but it does mean closing the borders to everyone but legals. Republicans are NOT going to do immigration reform after immigration reform after immigration reform if Democrats are going to keep the border open to illegals. They must be stopped.

I can get behind their working to codify it.... executive orders are not something we should be relying on.

Of course, in a case such as this to where someone who has never been to Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, etc.. is supposed to be deported back to a county they have never been in seems like something a less-than-great nation would do.

I guess that really crystalizes the differences in the parties and those who vote for those parties.... the blood thirsty right vs. the compassionate left.
I’m behind the rule of law and the Constitution, it has not to do with political parties.which most Americans like myself will not belong to.

We need BOTH sides to come to an agreement. Many Republicans are OK with doing immigration reform but it comes with a price - closing the borders instead of hanging out the welcome sign. Now that doesn't necessarily mean a wall but it does mean closing the borders to everyone but legals. Republicans are NOT going to do immigration reform after immigration reform after immigration reform if Democrats are going to keep the border open to illegals. They must be stopped.
We do not have an open border. That's right wing nonsense

We had an immigration bill pass the Senate in 2013 but Republicans in the house killed it

Republicans do not want to fix anything. If they did they wouldn't be able to complain.

DACA was created in a 2012 memorandum issued by former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. The program does not grant legal immigration status to its beneficiaries, but it does protect them from deportation and allows them to apply for work permits and a Social Security number.

These protections and benefits are provided in two-year renewable intervals.

To qualify for DACA, a person must have arrived in the U.S. before their 16th birthday and before June 15, 2007. Immigrants are ineligible for the program if they have been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor like domestic violence or sexual abuse, or three or more misdemeanor offenses. They also cannot be deemed a threat to national security or public safety.
Get Congress to do it’s job, and not rely on the Executive branch to exceed its powers. That is why we have three branches of government and we need to keep each in check, that is all this decision did, it kept the branches in check.

We had an immigration bill pass the Senate in 2013 but Republicans in the house killed it

Republicans do not want to fix anything. If they did they wouldn't be able to complain.
We do not have an open border.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

LOL. Are you Kamala Harris? Even the lefty MSM acknowledge that thousands and thousands and thousands of illegals are swarming over the border. Yes, Republicans are going to kill any bill that doesn't address the open border and fixing it.

LOL. Are you Kamala Harris? Even the lefty MSM acknowledge that thousands and thousands and thousands of illegals are swarming over the border. Yes, Republicans are going to kill any bill that doesn't address the open border and fixing it.
Is there an immigration problem?

Yes

Do we have an open border?

No

DACA was NEVER Constitutional / legal, and the fact that it has taken Judges THIS long to figure that out and rule as such is an embarrassment to our Judicial System and a testament to the Un-Constitutional and criminally partisan act of legislating from the Oval Office and the bench for which Democrats are responsible!
This right here....

That said I'm more than comfortable doing the same thing to try to salvage the country.

Get shed of every dem influence in government, just root them out and fire them all. Hell it will take years for it to wind it's way through the courts.

Then you can fuck them again by simply not letting them enter a .gov facility, revoking clearances, etc.

Forum List

Back