Another il conceived Biden scheme: “Free” in home Covid tests.

I agree.
I had a business during that time (9/11) and my rates went through the roof not long after.
They would have found another excuse to raise it. 9/11 was just convenient. Convenient for a lot of horrible things that a population of stupid people is susceptible to.

If prices were only raised to match increased costs, companies profit margins wouldn't have exploded through the roof these last couple years. Sorry American Talibans, companies don't care about you.
I always enjoy exposing Dimtard lies like yours, Dimtard.

How Much Do Health Insurers Profit?​

If we look at average profit margins by industry, health insurance companies are in the single digits.10 Health insurers that offer individual/family coverage struggled with a lack of profits in the early years of ACA implementation, but had become profitable again by 2018 and have continued to generate profits since then11 (this is why insurers are joining or rejoining the marketplaces nationwide, in a trend that's been ongoing since 2018).12

For perspective, however, banking, private equity, and commercial leasing industries have profit margins ten times as high as the health insurance industry.13

As far as health care goes, there are certainly some very profitable sectors, including medical and diagnostic laboratories, biotechnology companies—and the pharmaceutical industry, which generates the majority of the profits in the health care sector.14

But health insurance doesn't have the sort of profitability those industry segments are able to generate—partly because health insurance is much more regulated.

As described above, the ACA effectively limits the profits insurers can generate, by capping total administrative costs (including profit) as a percentage of revenue. But there's no similar requirement for hospitals, device manufacturers, or drug manufacturers.

If we look at average profit margins by industry, health insurance companies are in the single digits.10 Health insurers that offer individual/family coverage struggled with a lack of profits in the early years of ACA implementation, but had become profitable again by 2018 and have continued to generate profits since then11 (this is why insurers are joining or rejoining the marketplaces nationwide, in a trend that's been ongoing since 2018).12

For perspective, however, banking, private equity, and commercial leasing industries have profit margins ten times as high as the health insurance industry.13

As far as health care goes, there are certainly some very profitable sectors, including medical and diagnostic laboratories, biotechnology companies—and the pharmaceutical industry, which generates the majority of the profits in the health care sector.14

But health insurance doesn't have the sort of profitability those industry segments are able to generate—partly because health insurance is much more regulated.

As described above, the ACA effectively limits the profits insurers can generate, by capping total administrative costs (including profit) as a percentage of revenue. But there's no similar requirement for hospitals, device manufacturers, or drug manufacturers.

Aren't banks and ins companies the same?

Cool story.

Tell us the one about banks and insurance companies being the same thing again. I like that one. :auiqs.jpg:
I asked you first Mr. Nostril.

You know, every time I see that picture of Biden that you sport, I only see you. Go figure.

Hey Taliban, you linked an article from a company owned by a billionaire to explain why we should be grateful that they don't charge us peasants more. Go fuck yourself.

They went up before Biden, and will continue going up after Biden. And you'll spend all your days battling anybody who tries to change that.
Babe, the rate of inflation that we are seeing now-------hasn't been around since atleast the bumbling Carter years.

Forum List

Back