Another end of game strategy failure this time the TWolves.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Up 2 with 10 seconds to go. Dallas in bounding. Why on Earth do you give them a chance to beat you with a 3? Put them on the line and then at worst you have overtime. But no, they don't foul and make Gobert guard Doncic? Wow how much do they pay these coaches?

Up 2 with 10 seconds to go. Dallas in bounding. Why on Earth do you give them a chance to beat you with a 3? Put them on the line and then at worst you have overtime. But no, they don't foul and make Gobert guard Doncic? Wow how much do they pay these coaches?
Watched a little bit of it toward the end, play of both teams just seemed sloppy. Only thing entertaining was the score. Performance of both seemed subpar

Because 3 free throws beats you the same as the 3-ptr did? MAVS are good. They would have given DEN trouble also. Road winners….hang around get good shots.

You foul before the shot, of course. Doncic makes fadaway 3 pointers in his sleep, terrible end of game strategy.

uh…yes my bad. I thought you meant on the shot. I suppose there are some weird intentional foul rules also? Like fouling before the in-bound? Gobert was too slow to get to him to foul?

uh…yes my bad. I thought you meant on the shot. I suppose there are some weird intentional foul rules also? Like fouling before the in-bound? Gobert was too slow to get to him to foul?
It is tricky, you have to foul after the ball is inbounded but before the shot otherwise they get a free throw and the ball which isn't the end of the world but not great either. But better than giving Doncic a three point shot.

Kind of a stupid comment. The final confrontation was the top scorer in the league covered by the top defender in the league. And you don't like how they played it? Seriously?

And if you actually saw the killer shot, there is no way it could have been defended without an outrageous foul. As a bettor, I would take that bet any day. Doncic would miss that shot three times out of four.

On to Dallas. What Doncic did here, that's the stuff that legends are made of. Everyone in the arena knew who was going to get the ball and what he was going to do with it. And yet he still did it. And he's not 100% physically. Miraculous.

Forum List

Back