Another Democrat Makes History. Another republican Bites The Dust

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The Washington 8th district was created in 1980. In those over 38 years, no democrat has ever been elected in that district.

It's composed mostly of conservatives. In the suburbs of Seattle, into the farms around those suburbs and across the Cascade Mountains into Eastern Washington.

Until now. Granted the candidate the republicans put up has lost elections all over the state. He lost the governor race twice. Then lost a senator race. Now he's lost a house of reps race.

The man can't even get elected in a district specifically carved out for a conservative to win.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving criminal.

Schrier is first Democrat to win 8th District as Rossi concedes race

And in two years people will come home.....you can only fake being a moderate for so long.

It's never wise to predict what will happen 2 years from now.

I will say I own a vacation house in that area. Most of that drive is through the 8th district when I go through there in the summer. The mountain roads are closed in the winter so I take a different way then. I know a lot of people who live in that district both in the rural area and the suburb area of Seattle.

Up until around July of this year, there were trump signs in the yards everywhere. Then all of a sudden all but 2 of them were gone.

Around August I started seeing Rossi's signs on the road. I was surprised to see Rossi running for office again after the other three losses but wasn't surprised he picked a district that was carved out for conservatives and was pretty much a guarantee for a republican ever since it was created.

About a month later I started seeing Schrier signs in the yards that used to have trump signs. Then throughout the fall I kept seeing more Schrier signs in more yards. Not no on the street like rossi signs. On the street means someone from he campaign put them there. In a yard means that voter put it there.

People voted for her because rossi didn't support protecting preexisting conditions and voters in that district are changing their views on trump.

One fun fact, this is Rossi's fourth loss. Every one of those 4 losses were to a woman.

And in two years people will come home.....you can only fake being a moderate for so long.

I will say I own a vacation house in that area. Most of that drive is through the 8th district when I go through there in the summer. The mountain roads are closed in the winter so I take a different way then. I know a lot of people who live in that district both in the rural area and the suburb area of Seattle.

Up until around July of this year, there were trump signs in the yards everywhere. Then all of a sudden all but 2 of them were gone.

Around August I started seeing Rossi's signs on the road. I was surprised to see Rossi running for office again after the other three losses but wasn't surprised he picked a district that was carved out for conservatives and was pretty much a guarantee for a republican ever since it was created.

About a month later I started seeing Schrier signs in the yards that used to have trump signs. Then throughout the fall I kept seeing more Schrier signs in more yards. Not no on the street like rossi signs. On the street means someone from he campaign put them there. In a yard means that voter put it there.

People voted for her because rossi didn't support protecting preexisting conditions and voters in that district are changing their views on trump.

One fun fact, this is Rossi's fourth loss. Every one of those 4 losses were to a woman.
It's Washington, we don't expect much from them. But Trump wasn't on the ballot. Like people saying the democrat won gov and senator in PA, uh oh Trump, yet they were REELECTED.........

My point is the democrats recruited a ton of people to be moderate. so now they either vote the national party or their district....this will be fun to watch.

The Washington 8th district was created in 1980. In those over 38 years, no democrat has ever been elected in that district.

It's composed mostly of conservatives. In the suburbs of Seattle, into the farms around those suburbs and across the Cascade Mountains into Eastern Washington.

Until now. Granted the candidate the republicans put up has lost elections all over the state. He lost the governor race twice. Then lost a senator race. Now he's lost a house of reps race.

The man can't even get elected in a district specifically carved out for a conservative to win.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving criminal.

Schrier is first Democrat to win 8th District as Rossi concedes race
So, the Dems got a windfall because the GOP put up a complete hack as the nominee?

Congratulations, I guess? That will probably be a seat that goes back to the GOP in 2020, like about 30 or 40 other seats.

I wish we could just get ONE SINGLE Libertarian in the house. JUST ONE!

It's Washington, we don't expect much from them. But Trump wasn't on the ballot. Like people saying the democrat won gov and senator in PA, uh oh Trump, yet they were REELECTED.........

My point is the democrats recruited a ton of people to be moderate. so now they either vote the national party or their district....this will be fun to watch.

The district she won was created in 1980 and created in a way that conservatives will always win. That worked for 38 long years. Until Tuesday night.

That district is so red that no democratic politician has ever held it. Until now.

You can pass it off as not significant but you don't live in Washington. I do. You don't know the make up of that district. I do. It's very significant.

The people of that district didn't want to elect another life long career politician, insider and thief who will vote to take their health insurance from them.

Those trump signs in people's yards came down at the same time trump started kidnapping children from refugee parents and putting them in cages. All but 2 of them were removed. Many of those same yards had Schrier signs in them a couple months later.

Many of my friends who are in that district and vote republican were very turned off by the lies of the rossi ads. Everyone knows that no new taxes can be imposed on us without the vote of the people. So when Rossi's ads kept droning on and on saying she would institute a state income tax everyone knew it was nothing but a lie. First of all no federal House of Reps person has anything to do with state taxes and creating state law in Olympia. Second, no politician can create new taxes in this state without the people voting to approve it.

All the people I know who are conservative and live in that district were very insulted that rossi thinks they're so stupid as to believe that lie and the many others he used in his very negative ads against her.

I find it very funny that rossi has lost a fourth election to another woman. Seems he just can't win in an election with a woman. He never wins. LOL.

If you want to tell yourself that to make you feel better go for it. You're only fooling yourself though.

LOL.

The district she won was created in 1980 and created in a way that conservatives will always win. That worked for 38 long years. Until Tuesday night.

That district is so red that no democratic politician has ever held it. Until now.

You can pass it off as not significant but you don't live in Washington. I do. You don't know the make up of that district. I do. It's very significant.

The people of that district didn't want to elect another life long career politician, insider and thief who will vote to take their health insurance from them.

Those trump signs in people's yards came down at the same time trump started kidnapping children from refugee parents and putting them in cages. All but 2 of them were removed. Many of those same yards had Schrier signs in them a couple months later.

Many of my friends who are in that district and vote republican were very turned off by the lies of the rossi ads. Everyone knows that no new taxes can be imposed on us without the vote of the people. So when Rossi's ads kept droning on and on saying she would institute a state income tax everyone knew it was nothing but a lie. First of all no federal House of Reps person has anything to do with state taxes and creating state law in Olympia. Second, no politician can create new taxes in this state without the people voting to approve it.

All the people I know who are conservative and live in that district were very insulted that rossi thinks they're so stupid as to believe that lie and the many others he used in his very negative ads against her.

I find it very funny that rossi has lost a fourth election to another woman. Seems he just can't win in an election with a woman. He never wins. LOL.

If you want to tell yourself that to make you feel better go for it. You're only fooling yourself though.

LOL.
That's fine, I grew up in OH 12, I lived in Worthington and Delaware. John Kasich was my congressman for a looong time. I get it, but my point is you have a party that is very far left and candidates that can't be honest about it....
And midterms have nothing to do with Presidential elections. Just ask Clinton and Obama, they won reelection while losing bad ( and I mean BAAAAAAAAAD) in midterms

Forum List

Back