Ann Coulter nails it...

wasn't raygun (R) the one who emptied-out the psych wards to save money :confused:

nope. one more of the leftards myths.

It's not a myth, and Vox is either ignorant or a liar. Which is it, Vox? As Governor of California Reagan changed how the mentally ill were treated in our state. I'll leave it to Vox to explain the change honestly or I'll expose Vox for the lying partisan moron I believe s/he is!

and how changing the laws in the STATE of California had the impact on the STATE of Colorado, or Virginia, or Connecticut?

stop LYING, even if that is all you do, becasue you are IGNORANT.

wasn't raygun (R) the one who emptied-out the psych wards to save money :confused:

Do some homework or I'll expose you for a liar and/or as the ignorant partisan moron I believe you to be. See Post #19 - I promise you I will go after you as long as you continue to lie or parrot lies, on this message board.

I already exposed YOU - only an idiot will provide an example of one state to have an impact on the others.

Stop lying.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=AN45I86L07RKkNvG0u0jPQ&bvm=bv.58187178,d.cGU

Page 28, 3d paragraph

you also think that a change made to California laws ( if even) is pertinent for other states?

plus page 28 does not have ANY paragraphs - it is the green cover of the Kaiser blah-blah-blah

Last edited:
wasn't Reagan [corrected your spelling for you.] (R) the one who emptied-out the psych wards to save money :confused:

Actually, spending was cut because the hospitals had been emptied by Lefties challenging involuntary commitments by using habeas corpus to get patients out so they could live on the streets and panhandle.

Were we all asleep at the switch? A personal reminiscence of psychiatry from 1940 to 2010 - Eisenberg - 2010 - Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica - Wiley Online Library

And I actually agree with leftists on a lot of this.

Mental hospital is NOT a quasi-prison.

Even if it is very tempting to make it such.

Some did. :mad:

If all of a sudden, crazy people started killing people with hammers, there would become a 5 day waiting period to purchase a hammer and you would need a background check to buy one.

wasn't Reagan [corrected your spelling for you.] (R) the one who emptied-out the psych wards to save money :confused:

Actually, spending was cut because the hospitals had been emptied by Lefties challenging involuntary commitments by using habeas corpus to get patients out so they could live on the streets and panhandle.

Were we all asleep at the switch? A personal reminiscence of psychiatry from 1940 to 2010 - Eisenberg - 2010 - Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica - Wiley Online Library

Perhaps, but turning them out to live on the streets without medication or treatment wasn't the answer.

The NRA is gaurenteeing that the mentally ill have access to military grade weopons. Why is it such a big thing that all sales of such weopons, private included, have a background check? But sanity is not something valued by the Conservatives.

Sanity is valued by this conservative (that means me).

No one is stupid enough to suggest that military weapons should be on sale to the public in Sweden. If anyone did put forward such an idea I would be totally opposed.

The US gun lobby seems to foreigners to have a screw loose. One must hope, I suppose, that their machine guns are in equally bad shape.

Perhaps, but turning them out to live on the streets without medication or treatment wasn't the answer.

that part I agree with.

The NRA is gaurenteeing that the mentally ill have access to military grade weopons. Why is it such a big thing that all sales of such weopons, private included, have a background check? But sanity is not something valued by the Conservatives.

No one is stupid enough to suggest that military weapons should be on sale to the public in Sweden. If anyone did put forward such an idea I would be totally opposed.

The US gun lobby seems to foreigners to have a screw loose. One must hope, I suppose, that their machine guns are in equally bad shape.

no military weapons are available for sale to the public in the US.
That is just a propaganda lie.

But you have to understand the media lies blatantly here.

No "military" assault rifle was available to this whacked out kid.

This is media driven. Much like the whole Zimmerman case. All bullshit.

Aye carumba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't give you anymore rep but rock on will you?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Aye carumba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't give you anymore rep but rock on will you?

:beer:

I still can give mine :)

Yep, rw's want the mentally ill, known terrorists, illegals, drug dealers to have easy access to guns. Until that changes, the garbage that Coulter spews is just plain stupid.

Yep, rw's want the mentally ill, known terrorists, illegals, drug dealers to have easy access to guns. Until that changes, the garbage that Coulter spews is just plain stupid.

Ignorant lies are not arguments. They are ignorant lies.

It's not a myth, and Vox is either ignorant or a liar. Which is it, Vox? As Governor of California Reagan changed how the mentally ill were treated in our state. I'll leave it to Vox to explain the change honestly or I'll expose Vox for the lying partisan moron I believe s/he is!

Why would Reagan do that? :mad:

Two other forces actually determined the fate of mental health care in this state. You might call them acts with unintended consequences. Here's the history.

In 1967, the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS Act) a so-called "bill of rights" for those with mental health problems passed the Democratic-controlled Assembly: 77-1. The Senate approved it by similar margins. Then-Gov. Reagan signed it into law.

It was co-authored by California State Assemblyman Frank Lanterman, a Republican, and California State Senators Nicholas C. Petris and Alan Short, both Democrats. LPS went into full effect on July 1, 1972.

The bipartisan law came about because of concerns about the involuntary civil commitment to mental health institutions in California. At the time, the act was thought by many to be a progressive blueprint for modern mental health commitment procedures, not only in California, but in the United States.
Another Voice - Mental Health Myths - Ukiah Daily Journal

The Community Mental Health Act of 1963 (CMHA) (also known as the Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act, Mental Retardation Facilities and Construction Act, Public Law 88-164, or the Mental Retardation and Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act of 1963) was an act to provide federal funding for community mental health centers in the United States. This legislation was passed as part of John F. Kennedy's New Frontier. It led to considerable deinstitutionalization.

Only half of the proposed centers were ever built; none were fully funded, and the act didn’t provide money to operate them long-term. Some states saw an opportunity to close expensive state hospitals without spending some of the money on community-based care. Deinstitutionalization accelerated after the adoption of Medicaid in 1965

Community Mental Health Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whoops, forgot one!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanterman-Petris-Short_Act

Last edited:
I don't have any faith in psychiatry either....but when we determined that crazy people must be mainstreamed, we made a really bad mistake. Crazy people can't be mainstreamed, they're crazy. And when they're as crazy as those guys were (and everybody knew they were nuts) we should be able to lock them the fuck up without WAITING for them to nut out and kill huge numbers of people.

In the case of the Conn. Shooter, it appears his mother paid a huge price for enabling his aggression. We fail on every count of identifying these people and plans to have law enforcement invovled. Coulter may be right.. But the concept of declaring folks mentally incompetent or dangerous is a basket of snakes.. Perhaps we ought to just deny gun sales to anyone under psych care for a period of time. And ask for family cooperation in removing existing guns. Not many seriously ill folks are gonna rank gun ownership as more important then the relief of drugs or treatment. IMO...

But BECAUSE these diagnosticians are winging it so much---- needs to be simple and quick legal apppeal....If a parole board is trusted to decide if an offender is dangerous --- theyll do just as well as the battling shrinks.

Ps in the case of minors, PARENTS who have weapons should be held responsible if their kids have been diagnosed withnsevere mental issues.

And I vehemently DISAGREE. You will not remove my Constitutional rights by creating an unelected board of politically motivated people to determine my competence. The law already has a system for that.

You want someone declared incompetent? Follow the law.Report them have them investigated and if needed sent before a competent Judge to determine their competence.

Forum List

Back