And Then They Came For Your Guns: Holder Wants 'Smart Gun' Bracelets...

Sure, not everyone gets into a car accident, but safeguards are still there for everyone because accidents do happen. So since you know that accidents with guns DO happen, why are you against making them safer? And what would you see possibly working?
Most accidents with cars and guns are acts of negligence, not mechanical failures. People use the word accident to shift blame. People are safe from my guns but I'm not safe from everyone's automobile. I'd much rather see an emphasis put on getting idiots off the road. That will save many more lives that rendering guns inoperable in order to make you feel good.

And safeguards on cars help reduce the injury/mortality rate. So why not safeguards on guns?

Like I said, people may be safe from YOUR guns and excellent driving, but not everyone is going to have a 100% success rate, as witnessed by the history of car and gun accidents, so why not help those who may not be as good with guns as you are? Can you be really that selfish?

And safeguards on cars help reduce the injury/mortality rate. So why not safeguards on guns?

Like I said, people may be safe from YOUR guns and excellent driving, but not everyone is going to have a 100% success rate, as witnessed by the history of car and gun accidents, so why not help those who may not be as good with guns as you are? Can you be really that selfish?
You must be jerking us around. Unless the gun fires on its' own accord it is safe. I suppose we could make them safer by removing the index fingers of anyone that wants one. Cars are only as safe as the driver no matter what you do. It's a poor craftsman that blames his tool.

Sure, not everyone gets into a car accident, but safeguards are still there for everyone because accidents do happen. So since you know that accidents with guns DO happen, why are you against making them safer? And what would you see possibly working?
Most accidents with cars and guns are acts of negligence, not mechanical failures. People use the word accident to shift blame. People are safe from my guns but I'm not safe from everyone's automobile. I'd much rather see an emphasis put on getting idiots off the road. That will save many more lives that rendering guns inoperable in order to make you feel good.

Guns have been around a lot longer than cars. The technology for guns is much more refined than for cars. Guns already have safety features. One safety feature is call the guns "safety." Another safety feature includes the use of shell cased bullets, where in the past the user loaded the gun like one would load a cannon. The older guns were not very safe, sometimes blowing up in the face of the user.

Modern weapons require a gun to be manually loaded, cocked, the safety turned off, and the trigger pulled before it will fire.

Are modern weapons "perfect?" No.

I've had guns and knives my whole life. Never shot myself or anyone else, but I've cut myself plenty of times. Maybe what we need to do is make knives as safe as guns.

I've been driving as long as I've had guns. Never had a gun accident, but I've had plenty of car accidents. Maybe what we need to do is make cars as safe as guns.

Boy do I have some stories about chain saws, law mowers, ...

Last edited:

You must be jerking us around. Unless the gun fires on its' own accord it is safe. I suppose we could make them safer by removing the index fingers of anyone that wants one. Cars are only as safe as the driver no matter what you do. It's a poor craftsman that blames his tool.

Cars are being updated all the time with new safety features. Guns, not so much.

And it boggles the mind trying to figure out why anyone would be against making something safer. I guess I'll put it down to you being a nutjob. I saw Wayne LaPierre on TV the other day ranting on against BACKGROUND CHECKS!!!! So much that he was actually foaming at the mouth for real with that white stuff in the corner of his mouth, and it looked like he was about to jump out of his chair and throttle the interviewer. Pretty scary and funny at the same time! :D :eek:

Cars are being updated all the time with new safety features. Guns, not so much.

And it boggles the mind trying to figure out why anyone would be against making something safer. I guess I'll put it down to you being a nutjob. I saw Wayne LaPierre on TV the other day ranting on against BACKGROUND CHECKS!!!! So much that he was actually foaming at the mouth for real with that white stuff in the corner of his mouth, and it looked like he was about to jump out of his chair and throttle the interviewer. Pretty scary and funny at the same time! :D :eek:
I'm not the one that compared cars with guns, they are different tools. I don't need an airbag or hazard flasher on my gun and I've said several times now that guns are safe unless treated negligently. In that context I agree with the car analogy.

Your emotional response to Wayne, me or any gun owner means absolutely nothing to me. I fail to see your purpose.

Is this the 5th annual "they are coming for your guns, foreal this time" thread?

It is foreal. You Communist Globalists are coming for the guns. You're just doing it by way of the 'Death by a Thousand Cuts' approach. But the People are catching on. I'm very confident Freedom and the Constitution will win out.

Lets put real money on it.

Say $10,000.

You in?

$10,000.00 are you nuts ? how long will it take for you and your liber buddies to steal that much money, every liarberal would have to become thieves to come up with $10,000.00

I'm not the one that compared cars with guns, they are different tools. I don't need an airbag or hazard flasher on my gun and I've said several times now that guns are safe unless treated negligently. In that context I agree with the car analogy.

Your emotional response to Wayne, me or any gun owner means absolutely nothing to me. I fail to see your purpose.

So what's wrong with background checks? :popcorn:

I'm going to throw this question out again, because it's something I don't understand:
Why would anyone be against making anything, especially a gun, safer?
This idea doesn't do that. It no more safe than any othe rmechanical safety, and therefore, necessarily, unreliable. Relying on this safety will do nothing but get kids killed.

The ONLY thing that makes a gun safe is the person handling it; only thse utterly ignorant about gun safety do not rexognize this.

Nothing, they’re perfectly appropriate and Constitutional.

But opposition to background checks, like the lie that the AG wants gun owners to wear ‘tracking bracelets,’ is part of the extreme right’s war on the truth and seeking to contrive a ‘controversy’ where none exists for some perceived partisan advantage.

Nothing. I passed all of mine whenever I bought a gun.

So why was LaPierre all bent out of shape over background checks? He wouldn't pass his? :D
The primary argument against universal background checks is obvious:
Absent universal registration it is unenforceable.
Unenforceable law = bad law.
Everyone opposes the enaction of bad law, exept those with some further agenda.
Why dio you suppoort the enaction of bad law?

Last edited:

Nothing, they’re perfectly appropriate and Constitutional.
Except., of course, that they are a form of prior restraint, where the state, without cause, restrains the exercise of a right until it determines that said exercise lies within the limits laid upon that right by said state.

Prior restiant is constitutional only under very limited and specific circumstances, none of which include simple ownership/possession of a firearm.

Last edited:
Nothing. I passed all of mine whenever I bought a gun.

So why was LaPierre all bent out of shape over background checks? He wouldn't pass his? :D

Any law that gets LaPierre foaming at the mouth can't be bad. :D

Any law that gets LaPierre foaming at the mouth can't be bad. :D
Translation:
You have no meaningful response. Thank you.

We should just outlaw the sale of bullets. No constitutional protection for bullets. You should have to make your own, and most gang bangers couldn't do it.

Forum List

Back