And The Spill Goes On...

The only thing left to debate on this one is who should be arrested for this horrific crime against humanity.

I would start with goldman sachs they owned stock in BP as well as Nalco the producers of the dispersant corexit 9500, and all who were involved in bailing out of the BP stock just days before the big blow.. the company CEO TONY HAYWOOD sold his stock just one day before, they all make Martha Stewart look like a girlscout.

Olli, Here is a detailed account that defends your argument.

http://pbma.nasa.gov/docs/public/pbma/images/msm/forrestal_sfcs.pdf

Remembering back in earlier discussions, the accident reports went through changes and modifications. There were conflicts with the early reports as I remember, but that could also be attributed to the chaos and confusion.

You would think NASA would know what was up. Anyway I don't know why McCain was transferred, Maybe because of his Daddy and he wanted more Combat time. Who knows? At any rate McCain was not a great pilot by any means, but I can't see laying the Forrestal on him.

There were too many other factors. Zuni Missile had design problems, fail safe safety measures were bypassed. The 1000lb bomb was unsafe, the 500lb mount was not designed for the load, multiple errors in the fire crew response. No single person should bear responsibility for what happened.

Still, back to the topic. I think the USS Forrestal would make a pretty neat bottle cap. What do you think???

Olli, Here is a detailed account that defends your argument.

http://pbma.nasa.gov/docs/public/pbma/images/msm/forrestal_sfcs.pdf

Remembering back in earlier discussions, the accident reports went through changes and modifications. There were conflicts with the early reports as I remember, but that could also be attributed to the chaos and confusion.

You would think NASA would know what was up. Anyway I don't know why McCain was transferred, Maybe because of his Daddy and he wanted more Combat time. Who knows? At any rate McCain was not a great pilot by any means, but I can't see laying the Forrestal on him.

There were too many other factors. Zuni Missile had design problems, fail safe safety measures were bypassed. The 1000lb bomb was unsafe, the 500lb mount was not designed for the load, multiple errors in the fire crew response. No single person should bear responsibility for what happened.

Still, back to the topic. I think the USS Forrestal would make a pretty neat bottle cap. What do you think???

Honestly I don't think it would fit. There or another place I would like to see it shoved. But we won't talk about B O right now.

The only thing left to debate on this one is who should be arrested for this horrific crime against humanity.

I would start with goldman sachs they owned stock in BP as well as Nalco the producers of the dispersant corexit 9500, and all who were involved in bailing out of the BP stock just days before the big blow.. the company CEO TONY HAYWOOD sold his stock just one day before, they all make Martha Stewart look like a girlscout.

And then let's include the pension recipients in New Jersey whose fund receives $400M per year of dividends.....

BP certainly is to blame for a great deal of this mess, but our own government has enabled it. Why we are drilling in deep water instead of access safer oil sources on land and in shallow waters is due to Big Government Incompetence.

Yet more proof that our Government is Too Big To Succeed:

U.S. Coast Guards stops barges from sucking up oil off the LA coast because they can't confirm that life preservers and fire extinguishers are on board.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has spent the past week and half fighting to get working barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. By Thursday morning, against the governor's wishes, those barges still were sitting idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore.
Louisiana Governor Jindal frustrated over decision-making red tape.

"It's the most frustrating thing," the Republican governor told ABC News while visiting Buras, La. "Literally, [Wednesday] morning we found out that they were halting all of these barges....

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

How many Federal Agencies are tripping over each other down there????? The gang that couldn't shoot straight?????

NEW ORLEANS -- The federal government is shutting down the dredging that was being done to create protective sand berms in the Gulf of Mexico.

The berms are meant to protect the Louisiana coastline from oil. But the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Department has concerns about where the dredging is being done.

Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser, who was one of the most vocal advocates of the dredging plan, has sent a letter to President Barack Obama, pleading for the work to continue.

Nungesser said the government has asked crews to move the dredging site two more miles farther off the coastline.

"Once again, our government resource agencies, which are intended to protect us, are now leaving us vulnerable to the destruction of our coastline and marshes by the impending oil," Nungesser wrote to Obama. "Furthermore, with the threat of hurricanes or tropical storms, we are being put at an increased risk for devastation to our area from the intrusion of oil.

Nungesser has asked for the dredging to continue for the next seven days, the amount of time it would take to move the dredging operations two miles and out resume work.

Work is scheduled to halt at midnight Wednesday.

Federal Gov't Halts Sand Berm Dredging - New Orleans News Story - WDSU New Orleans

And the spill goes on. So depressing. :(

Where are all of the Experts?????

Drop a cork in it already.

It's like "50 Way's To Leave Your Lover", get creative.

Crimp it,

Freeze it,

Cement it,

Entomb it,

Sink an Aircraft Carrier over it (USS. Forrestal)and fill it with cement,

Cap it.

With Apologies to Sonny and Cher.

The spill goes on, the spill goes on
Obama says that he's in charge uh huh
La de da de de, la de da de da

The gulf was once nice and pristine uh huh
Now it's needs a wash machine uh huh
politics is the current thing uh huh
Barry O is the newborn king uh huh

70 day is nothing now uh huh
foreign help can't bring their bows uh huh
and oil keeps on just gushing from the floor
Barry says he just can't unlock the door

Grandma's sit at pools and reminise
Beeches were the place to get a kiss
Barry says he's got some ass to kick
He first must find someone that he can lick.

ixtox1.jpg

This thread adds real value to the debate. Thanks.

*Fucking morons.*

What "debate"?

The fact of the matter is that WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP IT.

We simply just don't know how. The leak is almost 2 miles under water. No plans have been put forward because we simply DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

This is why technology is such a dangerous game.

According to the latest reports in the media, it's disappearing. So maybe not such a disaster as had been thought.

That will annoy the drooling herd.

Who's part of a drooling herd? Better take a look in the mirror on that one. "It's disappearing?" What a tool. :(

I astounds me the number of oil spill recovery experts we have on this board.

One wonder why they're not all down there working on the problem, already?

Thyey all seem to have solutions that stupid old BP and the horrible POTUS are too dumb to see.

Amazing, simply amazing.

I astounds me the number of oil spill recovery experts we have on this board.

One wonder why they're not all down there working on the problem, already?

Thyey all seem to have solutions that stupid old BP and the horrible POTUS are too dumb to see.

Amazing, simply amazing.

Are you mentally challenged? Incompetence and hypocrisy are all you have Editec. Bureaucratic obstructionism has compounded the damage, yet your head being so far up your ass, you don't know night from day. You are incapable of independent thought, reason and discernment. Jerk Off on your own time.

Looks like it's Vacation time again. More Golf and less Gulf i guess. Man,this is just so sad. And the spill goes on.

And the spill goes on....

And the beat goes on.....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Jpo2PpgvE&feature=related]YouTube - Sonny And Cher - The Beat Goes On[/ame]

Those big wheels just keep on turnin... Rollin... Rollin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XRNQ2C2x0]YouTube - Tina & Ike Turner - Proud Mary[/ame]

Forum List

Back