And The Spill Goes On...

Oh my, another stupid ass post from 'T'. BP is the agent of destruction for the offshore drilling industry. They drilled at a depth that there was no fix for any problem that developed. Did so with casing that was inadaquete by their own standards. And took shortcuts, failed to repair equipment, the blowout preventer, that was known to be faulty at the time.

This was not an accident, it was a predictable event due to the shortcuts and deficiencies in equipment. The people in BP that knew of those defiencies, and ordered the shortcuts should all be charged with 11 counts of negligent homocide, and all their assets seized to help pay for the damage to the Gulf.

And now the massive propaganda PR campaign from BP & this President. Gotta calm the sheep. The spill goes on though. :(

And will continue to go on. Risk taken without thought of consequences. Now we see the consequences. How much more risk can we afford?

20 Minute meeting with BP Execs? Good to see this Administration cares so much. Seriously,20 Minutes?? What a nightmare. And the spill goes on.

20 minutes? That's almost time enough to say hello and make introductions. I guess BO just wants to meet him to see if he could kick his ass or not.

Any Ideas in stopping the flow???

Can the pipe be crimped enough to reduce the flow???

I was studying some crap on McCain in relation to his contribution to the USS Forrestal and I came across this news story....

The Forrestal’s fate is uncertain. But as with the Saratoga, any hope of turning it into a floating museum was scuttled after the Navy determined that no viable proposals had been offered. As a result, the Forrestal will be towed to a Navy storage site in Philadelphia, due to arrive on Thursday, and will either be dismantled or sunk to create an artificial reef ......

Berthed in Newport, 'supercarrier' goes to sea one last time | Middletown | projo.com | The Providence Journal

I say sink it in the gulf, over the pipe. After it is secure, fill it with cement.

Could we fuck that up??? Is the Pope Catholic???

What haven't we fucked up???

Pretty expensive cork??? Yes.

It did survive McCain. That gives me hope.

What do we have to lose???

Last edited:

I was studying some crap on McCain in relation to his contribution to the USS Forrestal and I came across this news story....

The Forrestal’s fate is uncertain. But as with the Saratoga, any hope of turning it into a floating museum was scuttled after the Navy determined that no viable proposals had been offered. As a result, the Forrestal will be towed to a Navy storage site in Philadelphia, due to arrive on Thursday, and will either be dismantled or sunk to create an artificial reef ......

Berthed in Newport, 'supercarrier' goes to sea one last time | Middletown | projo.com | The Providence Journal

I say sink it in the gulf, over the pipe. After it is secure, fill it with cement.

McCain nor his plane had anything to do with the Forrestal incident.

That is debatable. There were allot of mistakes that day. Each mistake multiplied the harm done.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7RGpSlJ7Y&feature=related]YouTube - Forrestal Disaster (Aircraft Carrier Explosion) - 5/5[/ame]

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his A-4.

'Wet-starts', done either deliberately (the starter motor switch allowed kerosene to pool in the engine and give a wet start) or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. In McCain's case, the 'wet-start' 'cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fuel tank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb. bomb off it's 500 lb. rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration, along with 167 of his fellow Forrestal shipmates (including those who died later from wounds suffered).

JOHN MCCAIN'S ROLE IN THE USS FORRESTAL FIRE THAT LEFT 168 DEAD

Note here that the M-65 1000 lb pound bomb mentioned was on a 500 lb mount. I have found reports stating that there were safety problems with that ordinance and the Zuni Rockets too.

Wet-starts were both common and juvenile. Sounds like he over did it a bit.

He was the only person transfered from the ship that day. That is unusual.

Last edited:

That is debatable. There were allot of mistakes that day. Each mistake multiplied the harm done.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7RGpSlJ7Y&feature=related]YouTube - Forrestal Disaster (Aircraft Carrier Explosion) - 5/5[/ame]

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his A-4.

'Wet-starts', done either deliberately (the starter motor switch allowed kerosene to pool in the engine and give a wet start) or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. In McCain's case, the 'wet-start' 'cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fuel tank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb. bomb off it's 500 lb. rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration, along with 167 of his fellow Forrestal shipmates (including those who died later from wounds suffered).

Note here that the M-65 1000 lb pound bomb mentioned was on a 500 lb mount. I have found reports stating that there were safety problems with that ordinance and the Zuni Rockets too.

The Problem with many of the stories blaming McCain for the Forestall is that his plane was on the opposite side of the carrier from the plane that misfired the missile.
220px-CVA-59_fire_aft_deck_plan.png

The Problem with many of the stories blaming McCain for the Forestall is that his plane was on the opposite side of the carrier from the plane that misfired the missile.
220px-CVA-59_fire_aft_deck_plan.png

I've seen conflicting reports. There is allot out there on both sides. Why was he transferred so quickly??? Why was he the only one???

Olli, Here is a detailed account that defends your argument.

http://pbma.nasa.gov/docs/public/pbma/images/msm/forrestal_sfcs.pdf

Remembering back in earlier discussions, the accident reports went through changes and modifications. There were conflicts with the early reports as I remember, but that could also be attributed to the chaos and confusion.

You would think NASA would know what was up. Anyway I don't know why McCain was transferred, Maybe because of his Daddy and he wanted more Combat time. Who knows? At any rate McCain was not a great pilot by any means, but I can't see laying the Forrestal on him.

Forum List

Back