And once again...they fall for a hoax

At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

The difference is that no harm was done here, because the Right showed up and there
Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.
How is this a hoax? Just because an ANTIFA scumbags event failed, what does that prove?
Out of curiosity, did you actually read the entire article? It is interesting and exposes the fakery behind it.

I skimmed your except. If there is a further point to be made, tell me about it. iF your point intrigues me, I may read the linked article.
I have no interest in spoon feeding you. Read it, or don’t. There are multiple articles out there on it. You’re a big boy.

Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.

But wait... Antifa was not supposed to exist?
I don’t know who claimed that, but you have been misinformed.

The media that you consistently whore to told me that.
Link. Or admit you whore your rightwing masters.

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.

At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.
I love Gettysburg, one of my favorite vacations as a kid. Did you know they had an animatronics robotic battle scene in the 60's & 70's, started in the mid 60's before Disney ever had them? They probably got the Lincoln animatronic from the world fair in 64.
Just think of all the livlihoods they destroy when they take down a town's rich history and source of tourism, thus community's many interconnected businesses and the town's economic structure.

Last edited:
So....what does any of that have to do with the hoax perpetrated in the OP? Or, more broadly...the ability of completely anonymous fake people to exploit our divides? Anything?

Who is doing the dividing?

Who acted like George Floyd liberated Cuba from Communism (you hate him for that) and was martyred for it? Who acted like every single day innocent black people are rounded up and executed by cops? Who encouraged leftist imbeciles to destroy shit all over the country? It's the media that incites civil unrest, ignores the mass murder of blacks by blacks. The hoax in the OP is so trivial that I don't give a shit. Nothing was damaged, no one was hurt or even arrested.

You would think you nuts would have figured it out after the first hoax that resulted in a militia member shooting himself in the leg.
I don't think someone shooting himself in the leg has anything one way or the other to do with this string of
hoaxes.
The right could send out false signals that Nazis or the Klan were coming to Delaware but they don't
play around like that.

who are these people?

I love Gettysburg, one of my favorite vacations as a kid. Did you know they had an animatronics robotic battle scene in the 70's, before Disney ever had them?
Just think of all the livlihoods they destroy when they take down a town's rich history and source of tourism, thus community's many interconnected businesses and the town's economic structure.

My Dad was a Civil War buff, and as kid I loved touring the battlefield sites and learning about the history. That would have been ear,y 70’s. Gettysburg was hugely different then, not the tourist trap it is now. But here, I think is an important distinction. Battlefield parks and museums are exactly these things belong, in the context of their history. I don’t think many, if any, would disagree with that or the importance of such places. Sadly, many are beingenroached on by development.

Sure seems like inciting a riot to me. Except it didn't happen. So I dunno. Does the riot have to happen to arrest someone for trying?

Actually, I didn't see any reference to incite violence, just flag burning which is allowed under our freedom of speech laws. As reprehensible as it is, especially at a national cemetery. I am reminded somewhat of the those Westboro? Baptist Church people that used to protest when a fallen US member was laid to rest, which I thought was despicable but legal if they obeyed restrictions and limitations of the local LEs. That cemetary includes thousands who died to free the slaves, let them rest in peace. Burning the flag does not honor them, in fact they fought and died to keep this country united. And anyone who has a problem with that can go to hell.

To answer your question, I doubt that the riot has to happen to be an arrestable offense, the Supreme Court seems to be somewhat lenient on that in favor of our freedom of speech. But if you incite imminent and specific unlawful activity that is deemed to be likely to occur then your freedom of speech doesn't cover that. In this case the hoaxer didn't do anything illegal IMHO.

One more point: Antifa has a reputation for violence, and any reference to their possible appearance ought to be considered a realistic threat to the people and property wherever it is. This time people showed up to defend that sacred ground, and some would laugh at them for being fooled. Haha, very funny.

You would think you nuts would have figured it out after the first hoax that resulted in a militia member shooting himself in the leg.
I don't think someone shooting himself in the leg has anything one way or the other to do with this string of
hoaxes.
The right could send out false signals that Nazis or the Klan were coming to Delaware but they don't
play around like that.

They don’t?

My Dad was a Civil War buff, and as kid I loved touring the battlefield sites and learning about the history. That would have been ear,y 70’s. Gettysburg was hugely different then, not the tourist trap it is now. But here, I think is an important distinction. Battlefield parks and museums are exactly these things belong, in the context of their history. I don’t think many, if any, would disagree with that or the importance of such places. Sadly, many are beingenroached on by development.

And yet your troops will burn it down if you get any chance. democrats are dedicated to the utter and complete erasure of America.

Sure seems like inciting a riot to me. Except it didn't happen. So I dunno. Does the riot have to happen to arrest someone for trying?

Actually, I didn't see any reference to incite violence, just flag burning which is allowed under our freedom of speech laws. As reprehensible as it is, especially at a national cemetery. I am reminded somewhat of the those Westboro? Baptist Church people that used to protest when a fallen US member was laid to rest, which I thought was despicable but legal if they obeyed restrictions and limitations of the local LEs. That cemetary includes thousands who died to free the slaves, let them rest in peace. Burning the flag does not honor them, in fact they fought and died to keep this country united. And anyone who has a problem with that can go to hell.

To answer your question, I doubt that the riot has to happen to be an arrestable offense, the Supreme Court seems to be somewhat lenient on that in favor of our freedom of speech. But if you incite imminent and specific unlawful activity that is deemed to be likely to occur then your freedom of speech doesn't cover that. In this case the hoaxer didn't do anything illegal IMHO.

One more point: Antifa has a reputation for violence, and any reference to their possible appearance ought to be considered a realistic threat to the people and property wherever it is. This time people showed up to defend that sacred ground, and some would laugh at them for being fooled. Haha, very funny.

Except, how many places do they really appear in? Aand how many times have peop,e been hoaxed? The claim that Antifa was going to burn the burbs was found to have come from a white supremacist group posing as Antifa. Yet people in multiple cities around the country showed up armed.

According to this, there was no evidence of significant Antifa involvement in the recent protests and riots. Which is why I think Antifa is way overrated.

If there is this much fakery going around, what is the purpose or purposes behind it?

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

The Twazis who control Twitter have very little in the way of credibility. It's why Parler is rising and Twitter is falling.

The confederacy was not America and that flag is the flag of a foreign enemy defeated by the United States.
You are wrong again

the Confederates were Americans

Lincoln said so
The confederates seceded from the Union, formed their own nation and wrote their own constitution. Furthermore the confederate flag is not the original confederate flag. The confederacy was not America.
The Confederates were Americans before, during and after the Civil War

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.
Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

The Twazis who control Twitter have very little in the way of credibility. It's why Parler is rising and Twitter is falling.
Parler is owned and operated by the Chinese. So just be careful.

Except, how many places do they really appear in? Aand how many times have peop,e been hoaxed? The claim that Antifa was going to burn the burbs was found to have come from a white supremacist group posing as Antifa. Yet people in multiple cities around the country showed up armed.

According to this, there was no evidence of significant Antifa involvement in the recent protests and riots. Which is why I think Antifa is way overrated.

If there is this much fakery going around, what is the purpose or purposes behind it?

Attorney General Bill Barr had a press conference on Thursday where he said that he amplified a little of what we reported earlier in the day: that Antifa was in fact instigating and participating in the violent activity.

From looking at the activity on social media, the nature of the videos and who is posting about the actions, it’s fairly clear that the actions so far have been largely leftist driven by the Antifa-connected anarchist, socialists and Communists individuals and groups.

“We have evidence that Antifa and other similar extremist groups, as well as actors of a variety of different political persuasions, have been involved in instigating and participating in the violent activity,” Barr explained. So that doesn’t mean it’s only Antifa in all instances.

FBI Director Chris Wray followed up on Barr’s remarks by making clear that the FBI had a number of “ongoing investigations” of “violent anarchist extremists’ with Antifa-like views, but that people weren’t being investigated for political views but for their actions.

What does he know, right?

Lookup Luis Marquez. He’s a prominent Antifa militant in the Portland area who travels to other states. But the media will tell you there are no antifa in the occupation zone.” Luis Marquez is a multiple-times arrestee in the once-bucolic City of Roses. Now he’s working with Rose City Antifa and their plentiful allies to destroy it.

He was in Seattle and told a videographer with The Blaze that “the only time we are heard is when we burn sh*t down and if white America doesn’t want to get it right, then they are going to see more burning, more looting.”

Lookup Amelia Joan Shamrowicz, who allegedly committed arson, criminal mischief (destroying or damaging $1,000 or more in property), and rioting. When police interviewed Shamrowicz’s roommates, they “reported that Shamrowisc stated they started the fire using a Molotov cocktail, and she is part of Antifa. Shamrowisc was reported to be extremely excited about being labeled a terrorist and was very animated about her hopes that police officers would be killed and injured by the riots. She also stated that she would be going out on another mission and the goal would be to set another fire.”

Multnomah County, Ore., Deputy District Attorney Brad Kalbaugh filed the report on June 1, 2020, shortly after the first round of nationwide rioting following George Floyd’s death.

Then read this from Angela Stanton King, who is running for the House:

The Black community in MN is calling out white Antifa members for starting the riots and destroying their communities. I keep telling y’all these white liberals are not our friends.

So there is evidence that Antifa has been involved. How many of them do you think announce they are Antifa when they get arrested?? How many Antifa have been rioting, burning, and looting without being caught? Overrated? Okay, maybe. And maybe not. You don't think Antifa has been involved in the many instances of monuments being destroyed? You don't think any of them where involved in the burning of that church in DC, the one that's been there for 200 years?

As for the purpose? Easy, the purpose behind all this shit, hoax and non-hoax, is intimidation. Against anyone who opposes the prog/lib agenda. Same as Hitler's brown shirts did almost a century ago, not quite that violent though. Yet. Don't tell me they ain't that bad, do I have to wait for it to get that bad? Those guy that showed up at Gettysburg are not intimidated and they ain't waiting for things to worsen. I say good on 'em. You don't want that kind of trouble? Then tell the Antifa fuckwads to stay home.

Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.

There are idiots on both sides, no question. But right now there is no moral equivalency. Cities like Minneapolis didn't get half a billion dollars of damage done by vast right wing gangs. Statues and monuments are not being torn down by vast right wing gangs.

The destruction happening is overwhelmingly coming from the far left. That is the simple truth. To imply otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back