And once again...they fall for a hoax

At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

Seems to me they should be looking for the instigator a little harder. But tell me, did these 'vigilantes' burn down a City? Did they burn cop cars? Did they loot? Did they desecrate the area? Of course they didn't but OH BOY would WaPo (and you) have loved to hang that one on Trump!!!

At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

The difference is that no harm was done here, because the Right showed up and there was nothing going on, adn that was the end of it.

Compare that to the frauds from the left that gin up hate that eventually leads to violence. As intended.
No harm was done because only one side believed the scam. Again.
The scam is the left portraying itself as American.

Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.

But wait... Antifa was not supposed to exist?
I don’t know who claimed that, but you have been misinformed.
Idiots on the left have claimed that, but then they are liars.

Did you, or the little Goebbels of the America hating Washington Post have some sort of point, other than that you hate America?
One post showed a poster that advertised a flag-burning, complete with Antifa members doing face painting, of all things. Another post suggested that 30,000 members of Antifa were planning to invade Gettysburg and its suburbs to kill white people and Trump supporters. That post also suggested that Antifa members had been setting off fireworks for weeks leading up to the holiday to inure people to the sound of gunfire so they wouldn’t call the police when Antifa began executing white people.

Both things turned out to be, as the president of the United States would say, fake news.

View attachment 359688
A group of individuals, some armed, talk near an entrance to the Gettysburg National Cemetery in Gettysburg National Military Park on Saturday, July 4, 2020. (Photo: Dan Rainville, The Evening Sun)

“Obviously, it was all made up,” said Kurt Andresen, a physics professor at Gettysburg College who visited the battlefield Sunday wearing a Black Lives Matter T-shirt. “(The flag-burning event) was made up by a right-wing group to try to get a rise out of people. They got what they wanted.”

And?

It's not like the Brown Shirts of ANTIFA and the BLM Klan don't do these things on a daily basis.
You have no proof of that. You are a liar.

Fuck off ChiCom

View attachment 359812
Where is the organization name? Who's in charge? What is their doctrine? You can't produce anything. You're a grade A liar.

who are these people?

The difference is that no harm was done here, because the Right showed up and there was nothing going on, adn that was the end of it.

Compare that to the frauds from the left that gin up hate that eventually leads to violence. As intended.
No harm was done because only one side believed the scam. Again.
The scam is the left portraying itself as American.
1987, 2001, 2008, 2020, bankrupt the middle class.

who are these people?

The "right showed up?" Translates to the KKK.

Prove it, liar.
That's You!
View attachment 359825

And this is you.

View attachment 359827
So, you aren't arguing, answering, or debating anything. You just tell lies. Got it.

Fuck off, ChiCom.

Did your democrat lackeys act lack the courage to go destroy Gettysburg? You ChiComs have a bunch of simpering cowards as your bitches in America.
"Destroy Gettysburg?" Did someone bomb the city?

Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.

The media that you consistently whore to told me that.
Link. Or admit you whore your rightwing masters.

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.
Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.

There are idiots on both sides, no question. But right now there is no moral equivalency. Cities like Minneapolis didn't get half a billion dollars of damage done by vast right wing gangs. Statues and monuments are not being torn down by vast right wing gangs.

The destruction happening is overwhelmingly coming from the far left. That is the simple truth. To imply otherwise is frankly ridiculous.
We (or at least I) was not talking about the recent riots. I was talking about fisticuffs and skull cracking at protests where both sides came achin for a fight. That's what my remarks have been about.

Fair enough. But I think a good point was made. I have not seen a single Conservative express any support for right wing goons. But I have seen massive support for Left wing goons expressed by the main stream media and many Left wingers on this board.

That tells a lot about where we are as a Country and where the Left is right now.
I'm still not sure there's "massive support" for the Left wing goons by the MSM or most of the posters here. I trust ya that there are some.

I've never heard or read anything from the MSM saying the riots were good, you should have some more. I've heard a lot of people on the MSM trying to explain, over the sound of the shouting, that there's a reason people are angry. Understanding it isn't condoning it, though.

I have been accused of being supportive of the goons who riot, loot and burn, throw bricks at cops, toss incendiaries, break windows. I don't support that at all. But it all gets so mixed up in people's heads, and if anyone tries to separate the valid message from the violence and destruction by a small number of them, they seem to get tossed into the "goon" pile. When I even attempt to talk about the valid message, it's immediately drowned out with whatabout Chicago's and those damned rioters, they pulled down a statue..... seems people don't want to listen, give it a fair hearing, anyway. Not everyone supporting BLM is an anarchist, and not everyone on the left is, either. It's pretty hard to get that message across to some.

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.
Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.

There are idiots on both sides, no question. But right now there is no moral equivalency. Cities like Minneapolis didn't get half a billion dollars of damage done by vast right wing gangs. Statues and monuments are not being torn down by vast right wing gangs.

The destruction happening is overwhelmingly coming from the far left. That is the simple truth. To imply otherwise is frankly ridiculous.
We (or at least I) was not talking about the recent riots. I was talking about fisticuffs and skull cracking at protests where both sides came achin for a fight. That's what my remarks have been about.

Fair enough. But I think a good point was made. I have not seen a single Conservative express any support for right wing goons. But I have seen massive support for Left wing goons expressed by the main stream media and many Left wingers on this board.

That tells a lot about where we are as a Country and where the Left is right now.

I'm still not sure there's "massive support" for the Left wing goons by the MSM or most of the posters here. I trust ya that there are some.

I've never heard or read anything from the MSM saying the riots were good, you should have some more. I've heard a lot of people on the MSM trying to explain, over the sound of the shouting, that there's a reason people are angry. Understanding it isn't condoning it, though.

I have been accused of being supportive of the goons who riot, loot and burn, throw bricks at cops, toss incendiaries, break windows. I don't support that at all. But it all gets so mixed up in people's heads, and if anyone tries to separate the valid message from the violence and destruction by a small number of them, they seem to get tossed into the "goon" pile. When I even attempt to talk about the valid message, it's immediately drowned out with whatabout Chicago's and those damned rioters, they pulled down a statue..... seems people don't want to listen, give it a fair hearing, anyway. Not everyone supporting BLM is an anarchist, and not everyone on the left is, either. It's pretty hard to get that message across to some.

You are wrong.

The leftists here even support Kaepernick's anti-American tweet. There is no taming them, they have absorbed the full Stalinist programming. Same with media.

CNN tried to describe CHOP as a festival. That is supporting the anarchists. Well, when someone points out that there is a violent element to the 'protesters' they are accused of being racist. That works both ways. And no, there is no logical reason why people should be so outraged that they burn down cities and beat and kill people. They are whipped up by race baiters and BLM which has now become an arm of the Democrat party. Asshole Democrats dawn the scarfs of a slave trading tribe (the ignorant fucks) and kneel in solidarity with the BLM. Now we hear they want to defund the police!!! No this is not a protest it is a riot based on the false premise of fake 'institutional racism' and a few incidents were black perps were caught and resisted and ended up dead. Frankly the way to stop this is for Blacks to teach their young men to respect law and order and for these Democrats to stand in solidarity with the American people and the President with a show of strength so they see we are not going to stand for their mayhem and violence.

CNN tried to describe CHOP as a festival.
#1) When I think of the MSM, I don't really think of the 24/7 news stations. They've got too much slant.
#2) The description was, at first it gave the "vibe" of a street festival, with movie showings, free pizza, speeches, etc. Which it did. And then the complaints started coming. Then the shootings, then the deaths. Lack of cooperation with the police in investigating. Refusal to allow the police in to secure the scene for the 1st responders. Ongoing negotiations with city leaders that seemingly got nowhere. And where did we hear about all that? From the MSM.

#1) When I think of the MSM, I don't really think of the 24/7 news stations. They've got too much slant.
#2) The description was, at first it gave the "vibe" of a street festival, with movie showings, free pizza, speeches, etc. Which it did. And then the complaints started coming. Then the shootings, then the deaths. Lack of cooperation with the police in investigating. Refusal to allow the police in to secure the scene for the 1st responders. Ongoing negotiations with city leaders that seemingly got nowhere. And where did we hear about all that? From the MSM.
It wasn't a street festival 'vibe' it was a hostile takeover of part of a City. A street festival does not include the taking of land and putting up barriers to keep law enforcement out. The fact that your MSM somehow can't distinguish between a group seizing American territory and a 'street festival' is either an admission of pure ignorance or being complicit in an attempted Coup.

Last edited:

who are these people?

The "right showed up?" Translates to the KKK.

No, it doesn't. Try to be less bat shit crazy.

My point stands.

You are being too generous. The MSM are a bunch of lefty lying assholes.

Don't think the main stream media is all in on supporting and downplaying the destruction of the left wing goons? This idiot for MSNBC called it "mostly a peaceful protest" as Minneapolis burns to the ground behind him.

1593989205863.jpeg

MLK said any valid message is immediately undermined by violence. He was correct. If the Dims, left wingers, and media denounced the far left violence the message of injustice could be heard. But not only are lefties and the media not denouncing the violence, they lie and minimize it, or attempt to justify it. There are dozens of posts in this thread doing exactly that. "So it was only a Wendy's and a few dumpster fires."

I know you are not supporting the violence. I am not accusing you of anything. I am just trying to enlighten a bit.

Last edited:
It wasn't a street festival 'vibe' it was a hostile takeover of part of a City.
Were you there? The reporters were.
Did you read the rest of my post?
Everyone was aware that the protesters had barricaded themselves in and that the police had backed out after days of battling the crowds. And how did we know that? The MSM.

You are being too generous. The MSM are a bunch of lefty lying assholes.
I don't think for the most part they do, and I think y'all rely on them for your ammunition a lot more than you realize. AP, Reuters and the major newspapers in the nation supply most of the reporting these days.

Everyone was aware that the protesters had barricaded themselves in and that the police had backed out after days of battling the crowds. And how did we know that? The MSM.
The police did not back out they were made to stand down. The governor virtually gave away part of the City. Apparently the MSM gave you the wrong info. CHOP was never a festival or benign. You should expand your news sources.

MLK said any valid message is immediately undermined by violence.
Agreed.
they lie and minimize it,
Are you kidding? Nonstop pics of the rioting and looting and every time the cops used teargas running in a loop on the news feeds. It was in our living rooms, on our phones, got the folks here feeling all threatened even if they were nowhere near a city or a riot. IMO, the media fed the frenzy on both sides. They live for clicks and advertising and that's it. Violence and drama sells. So that's what they give us.

I know, most of the majors have interviewed people who have tried to explain what in hell was going on. Some people take that to mean the MSM is "behind" the protesters. Maybe they are trying to tell people what the protesters stand for. Do you think that's an unreasonable thing? We might not agree with their points, but imagine not even knowing what in hell this was all about.

You don't have to enlighten me. I know there's bias, but that doesn't mean it's lies. I was actually interested in knowing how the Mt. Rushmore festivities went, if people had a good time. I never found out. Every blessed article was about the negativity of Trump's speech. Even though I am NO fan of Mt. Rushmore, I wanted to vicariously enjoy a 4th celebration somewhere, since all of ours were cancelled. No way.

The police did not back out they were made to stand down. The governor virtually gave away part of the City. Apparently the MSM gave you the wrong info. CHOP was never a festival or benign. You should expand your news sources.
Thanks for the advice.

Are you kidding? Nonstop pics of the rioting and looting and every time the cops used teargas running in a loop on the news feeds. It was in our living rooms, on our phones, got the folks here feeling all threatened even if they were nowhere near a city or a riot. IMO, the media fed the frenzy on both sides. They live for clicks and advertising and that's it. Violence and drama sells. So that's what they give us.

I know, most of the majors have interviewed people who have tried to explain what in hell was going on. Some people take that to mean the MSM is "behind" the protesters. Maybe they are trying to tell people what the protesters stand for. Do you think that's an unreasonable thing? We might not agree with their points, but imagine not even knowing what in hell this was all about.

You don't have to enlighten me. I know there's bias, but that doesn't mean it's lies. I was actually interested in knowing how the Mt. Rushmore festivities went, if people had a good time. I never found out. Every blessed article was about the negativity of Trump's speech. Even though I am NO fan of Mt. Rushmore, I wanted to vicariously enjoy a 4th celebration somewhere, since all of ours were cancelled. No way.
Well, first of all, everyone with any intelligence knows that the 'news' relies on the reporting of mostly negative events. "If it bleeds it leads" comes to mind. That being said, I have no problem with showing video, my problem is some pin-head 'reporter' trying to tell me that what I am seeing with my own eyes didn't really happen. Like downplaying BLM rioters as 'peaceful protesters.' And we already knew what went down. A black man got accused of passing fake money, got arrested, fought the police, grabbed the policeman's weapon and tried to shoot the officer with it. The officer correctly protected himself and shot the guy. No amount of protesting, reporting, shouting, burning is going to change the facts. You could have actually watched the Mt. Rushmore coverage yourself and heard Trump's speech for yourself and make up your own mind. The whole event, including the fireworks, were on OAN. No commentary, just the raw video.

Forum List

Back