Anatomy of Beto's Senate Loss

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Here’s What Beto Could Unleash on Trump

Basically he bet on getting new voters, but there just weren't enough. And had he attempted to attract people who were tired of Cruz he might have won.

But I think he'd have needed to do both. And Karl Rove was a little dismayed that he didn't reach out to gopers, but that is not in the thread.

Personally I think he's the dems best candidate v. Trump. He's such a physical and optimistic contrast. And he was win white rural voters. Experience is apparently no longer an issue. LOL

The DNC wasted record amounts of cash to try and get a vacuous buffoon elected in TX. It was a lot closer than I would prefer, but Cruz really pissed of the David Dewhurst moderate wing of the GOP in TX.

I truly hope the DNC runs Beta against Trump and he keeps up with the "tear down the border" insane rhetoric.

If he wasn't a complete idiot and a communist he would have been a shoe-in. Beto should become a homosexual and move to California. He'd fit right in.

He could have beaten Cruz with a better campaign that didn't just rely on him being oh so new. I don't know that he can beat Cornyn if that's what the dems are lining up. Cruz is pretty despised even in the gop.

I don't know that he has the savvy to take on Trump. He matches up well in that he makes Trump look old angry fat and tired, which he is. And he appeals to suburban voters, and can talk to rural whites. I think he'd be pretty specious on issues, though. But so was Trump, lol. He'd take a lot of policy grooming, but that's why we have two year campaigns.

He could have beaten Cruz with a better campaign that didn't just rely on him being oh so new. I don't know that he can beat Cornyn if that's what the dems are lining up. Cruz is pretty despised even in the gop.

I don't know that he has the savvy to take on Trump. He matches up well in that he makes Trump look old angry fat and tired, which he is. And he appeals to suburban voters, and can talk to rural whites. I think he'd be pretty specious on issues, though. But so was Trump, lol. He'd take a lot of policy grooming, but that's why we have two year campaigns.

Factually incorrect. Trump actualy spoke about issues quite a bit when campaigning. Way more than his opponent, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back