An Op Ed for the two party supporters

I'm not going to argue there is anything good about the Republican Party because there isn't.

But not supporting Republicans is insane now that Democrats have gone squarely into fascism silencing opposition with threats, intimidation and violence and Democrats are just stealing elections. When your boat is sinking, the first thing you focus on is plugging the hole, not redoing the décor

There's no sanity in supporting either of these parties. They're both wings of the same bird. Or anyone particular politician, at this point.
I'm a conservative (not a republican). Conservatism isn't actually allowed in the Republican party any longer. Oh sure, they give lip service to it. Pretend to promote it. But when they chips are down, they reject it every time.
During Trumps first two years of office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, was there spending cuts? Nope. They increased spending. Did they abolish abortion? Nope. In fact they gave millions to planned parenthood. Did they repeal and replace Obamacare? Nope. They continued to fund it.

Die hard Trump supporters and republicans will blame the democrats, even though the GOP had the majority. Now think about that. The GOP had the majority, and still blame the democrats. This is brainwashing material. Just like "democrats are worse than republicans" is brainwashing material.

Proof: All those details in the bills that both parties pass, that most people (including myself now a days) don't bother to read. If all you armchair republicans and democrats would start paying more attention to what your party does, and not so much what it says, you'd understand just how brainwashed you really are. And what fools you're making of yourselves.
What happened with Trump is exactly what Harry Browne predicted way back in 1995.....The democrats' lies about being defenders of civil liberties and against international warmongering, and the republicans' lies about being for smaller gubmint and fiscal restraint, would be laid bare.....They would join forces to oppose anyone and everyone who would dare to stand up to their totalitarian agenda.

Now, imperfect a vehicle as Trump was and is, he still exposed the uniparty for what it is....As a bonus, he also exposed the fake news media -including Fox- for the craven cowardly mob of cultural Marxists that they are.

Horribly flawed as populism is, it's the only available vehicle at hand to of the globalist/fascist iceberg in our ship's path.....That's not approval, just telling the reality of the situation like it is.
You show some ability to understand political systems, but then you just turn to jumping into wrong conclusions.

Encouraging though in your coming to understand Trump's flaws

Now, imperfect a vehicle as Trump was and is, ...............

The cracks in the Trump supporters' armor are beginning to show when extremists air doubts!

The OP initiated a worthwhile topic for discussion. Maybe you should just try to ignore all the ignorant spammers on this board that make discussions impossible.

It's worth rescuing even though he got the basic premise, but then went way too far with his own biased politics.

Worth mentioning though, that so many Americans are looking for some real answers. They must be visualizing some of the worst consequences.

Keep up the good work, you represent the best of this forum.

So you don't think the discussion of agreeing with the parties on some issues and not others making you a blind supporter of the party has anything to do with a thread on the two party system?

I think it does
This is what I don't get about either the OP or your views. I don't see any lack of logic or inconsistency if - for example - a person considers him/her self pro life, but votes gop even though there's the death penalty and Trump's policies in Yemen and in separating children. Nor do I see any lack of logic or inconsistency if a pro-life person votes dem based upon the DP and Yemen and immigration because abortions are lessened even without finding no worst-alternative can never be an abortion.

Absolutely, the MSM and parties try to divide by cutting into the grey areas to gain votes, but they are simply exploiting differences. Imo Trump and RW media have taken it a step further in they are rewriting truth for their own financial interests. Yes the 20 election involved people not voting the way they were expected to, and voting itself was screwed up with covid. But nothing made 20 "an invalid" election anymore then 2016, 2020, 1960 ... to say nothing of 1824 or 1968

Such bigotry in your points.

I'm pro-choice and anti-death penalty, but there is no logical inconsistency in believing in protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty. Someone who committed six murders made a CHOICE. A baby didn't make a choice to be conceived. That's not a contraction by Republicans, it's just propaganda by you.

Even dumber is your talking about Republicans separating children from their parents when the parents commit crimes and your silence about Democrats luring them here in the first place and all the kids that are raped, die and sold into slavery because of it.

You're a fucking propagandist, get help

I am also pro-choice and anti-death penalty.
The rational is that since inherent rights of individuals are the only source of any legal authority in a democratic republic, then government can't have the superior authority it would take to dictate on these issues.
Government can't force someone to be a baby factory slave, or to claim executions are defensive.

But since illegals can't vote, your claim democrats lure illegals here, makes no sense?
Nor is attempting to cross the border a crime. Illegal immigration is just a regulatory offense, not a crime.
A crime is against nature, that people to not have to be told is wrong.
But crossing a border is not inherently evil, and it is trying to stop humans from migrating that is unnatural.

Entering the country illegally is step one of the process to Democrats getting illegals the vote. You know that, cut the stupid shit.

It also doesn't address that Democrats clearly are luring illegals here, which is undeniably true

No one has been able to get the vote for illegals.
Even the amnesty program never gave anyone the vote.

No one is luring anyone here.
If you talk to illegals, they are scared of the death squads.
The US has trained, financed, and arm right wing, military dictatorships in almost all central and south American countries.
So no unions, low pay, danger and risk.

While I appreciate the ironic humor of turning this thread into yet another partisan pissing match, what do you guys think of the two-party system? Is it a good thing? A bad thing? Just the way it is? Any opinions on the topic?

Parties are bad.
They lie and suppress by manipulating large hidden funding.

I am not saying there is no fraud on both sides. But yes, it's only on a scale of regularly flipping election results in only on one, it's the Democrats doing it. They're doing it in front of your face. Just open your eyes.

BTW, before 2020 when I voted for Trump, I voted Republican one out of the prior seven elections. Yes, I get how pathetic both parties are. Democrats aren't kidding anymore, they want free elections to end and to guarantee they win. Leftists always end up there

Rigging elections: I suggest that when the next presidential election comes up, if you really want to see how corrupt the elections really are, try being a delegate for an underdog. Someone that's a real conservative. You'll see for yourself, even at the local RNC headquarters, that who ever the national RNC is supporting, is who you will have to support. Or they're squelch you and anything you have to say.
Been there, done that. I was given fewer chances to speak at the RNC meetings. Was not allowed to wear shirts or hats of the GOP candidate that I supported. THE ONLY way any of the supporters of that candidate even made it to the state convention, was because they were silent about who they actually supported. But once at state, you have to make it known who you're actually supporting because your votes are exposed. Once exposed, you'd be black balled and not allowed to go to the national convention.
The democrats do it the same exact way.
So please just stop with the democrats voting corruption.

You've got to realize that now, "we the people" don't have a say so in shit. Not legislation, not elections. Nothing. THE only thing we can do is argue with each other on political forums about things we can't control. Things that are controlled by party leaders, politicians, lobbyist and special interest.

P.S. I miss the days before Ron Paul when I was apathetic about politics. Before my analytical self decided to get involved with politics. I would've saved myself thousands of hours of matching speeches with voting records. Digging into specifics and details of funding bills and appropriations bills. And I would not have made so damn many enemies over a subject that I had no control over. Politics.

We might be beyond that now. I don't see either party moderating, and I don't see a third party.

We really may be slipping into a long term Balkanization. And if it happens, it will have been a self-inflicted wound.

I was a supporter of the 2007 tea party. By the end of 2008, the GOP had infiltrated us and turned it into a GOP thing.
Initially, we were just as much against the left, as we were the right. Some of us were smart enough to recognize this. But the Tea Party was gaining too many die hard republican members to keep the infiltration from happening. The GOP had too much money. They were popping up too many Tea Party LLC's.
I was kicked out of a Tea Party event for trying to explain the difference between the original Tea Party and what it was heading towards. Kicked out by a bunch of "anybody but Obama" people.
The TEA party got hijacked by the same brand of neocon scum that running the Lincoln Pedo Project.....The Trumpster populist movement scares the living hell out of those mobsters because they can't infiltrate it.

Entering the country illegally is step one of the process to Democrats getting illegals the vote. You know that, cut the stupid shit.

It also doesn't address that Democrats clearly are luring illegals here, which is undeniably true

The US has trained, financed, and arm right wing, military dictatorships in almost all central and south American countries.

While I appreciate the ironic humor of turning this thread into yet another partisan pissing match, what do you guys think of the two-party system? Is it a good thing? A bad thing? Just the way it is? Any opinions on the topic?

Parties are bad.

The founders considered banning political parties. Too bad they didn't.

So many Democrats say they don't agree with the wacko leftists. They want borders, they want ID to be checked to vote, they support gun rights, they oppose the destruction of our cities, they want criminals locked up not just released back on the streets. But then the fucking morons keep voting for people who do all that stupid shit

Something is happening in America.
Some of the threads on this board show that Americans are starting to have the conversation on the sorry plight of America's working class people.

Trump himself pretended to take on the fight for the working class and even incited his followers to violence against bad government.

But obviously Trump, a corporatist himself, never had any intention of delivering for the people.
Lying asshole.

Trump incited nothing.

In the four years of his regime, black and Hispanic unemployment hit historic lows, while the real value of wages earned rose.

Now get your sorry, race baiting, back bacon munching Kanuk ass back into your own fucking lane.
Your displays of anger and frustration is welcomed, and not just by me.

Your support for Trump has started to show some cracks in its armor.
You can never walk that back now and you know it, and so you dissolve into rage and insults that are laughable.

Something is happening in America.
Some of the threads on this board show that Americans are starting to have the conversation on the sorry plight of America's working class people.

Trump himself pretended to take on the fight for the working class and even incited his followers to violence against bad government.

But obviously Trump, a corporatist himself, never had any intention of delivering for the people.
Lying asshole.

Trump incited nothing.

In the four years of his regime, black and Hispanic unemployment hit historic lows, while the real value of wages earned rose.

Now get your sorry, race baiting, back bacon munching Kanuk ass back into your own fucking lane.
Your displays of anger and frustration is welcomed, and not just by me.

Your support for Trump has started to show some cracks in its armor.
You can never walk that back now and you know it, and so you dissolve into rage and insults that are laughable.
I get angry at fucking liars, fucking liar.

No go fuck your lying ass with a cactus.

Parties are bad.

I don't agree. On either count. Parties aren't innately bad. And there's nothing wrong with "hidden funding".

The problem is the way we do our elections. The rules actually encourage division and partisan rancor, and they make it all but impossible for third parties to gain traction.

I'm not going to argue there is anything good about the Republican Party because there isn't.

But not supporting Republicans is insane now that Democrats have gone squarely into fascism silencing opposition with threats, intimidation and violence and Democrats are just stealing elections. When your boat is sinking, the first thing you focus on is plugging the hole, not redoing the décor

There's no sanity in supporting either of these parties. They're both wings of the same bird. Or anyone particular politician, at this point.
I'm a conservative (not a republican). Conservatism isn't actually allowed in the Republican party any longer. Oh sure, they give lip service to it. Pretend to promote it. But when they chips are down, they reject it every time.
During Trumps first two years of office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, was there spending cuts? Nope. They increased spending. Did they abolish abortion? Nope. In fact they gave millions to planned parenthood. Did they repeal and replace Obamacare? Nope. They continued to fund it.

Die hard Trump supporters and republicans will blame the democrats, even though the GOP had the majority. Now think about that. The GOP had the majority, and still blame the democrats. This is brainwashing material. Just like "democrats are worse than republicans" is brainwashing material.

Proof: All those details in the bills that both parties pass, that most people (including myself now a days) don't bother to read. If all you armchair republicans and democrats would start paying more attention to what your party does, and not so much what it says, you'd understand just how brainwashed you really are. And what fools you're making of yourselves.
What happened with Trump is exactly what Harry Browne predicted way back in 1995.....The democrats' lies about being defenders of civil liberties and against international warmongering, and the republicans' lies about being for smaller gubmint and fiscal restraint, would be laid bare.....They would join forces to oppose anyone and everyone who would dare to stand up to their totalitarian agenda.

Now, imperfect a vehicle as Trump was and is, he still exposed the uniparty for what it is....As a bonus, he also exposed the fake news media -including Fox- for the craven cowardly mob of cultural Marxists that they are.

Horribly flawed as populism is, it's the only available vehicle at hand to of the globalist/fascist iceberg in our ship's path.....That's not approval, just telling the reality of the situation like it is.
You show some ability to understand political systems, but then you just turn to jumping into wrong conclusions.

The cracks in the Trump supporters' armor are beginning to show when extremists air doubts!
I understand more than you'll ever know, lying ass snow Meskin.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I am not saying there is no fraud on both sides. But yes, it's only on a scale of regularly flipping election results in only on one, it's the Democrats doing it. They're doing it in front of your face. Just open your eyes.

BTW, before 2020 when I voted for Trump, I voted Republican one out of the prior seven elections. Yes, I get how pathetic both parties are. Democrats aren't kidding anymore, they want free elections to end and to guarantee they win. Leftists always end up there

Rigging elections: I suggest that when the next presidential election comes up, if you really want to see how corrupt the elections really are, try being a delegate for an underdog. Someone that's a real conservative. You'll see for yourself, even at the local RNC headquarters, that who ever the national RNC is supporting, is who you will have to support. Or they're squelch you and anything you have to say.
Been there, done that. I was given fewer chances to speak at the RNC meetings. Was not allowed to wear shirts or hats of the GOP candidate that I supported. THE ONLY way any of the supporters of that candidate even made it to the state convention, was because they were silent about who they actually supported. But once at state, you have to make it known who you're actually supporting because your votes are exposed. Once exposed, you'd be black balled and not allowed to go to the national convention.

You've got to realize that now, "we the people" don't have a say so in shit. Not legislation, not elections. Nothing. THE only thing we can do is argue with each other on political forums about things we can't control. Things that are controlled by party leaders, politicians, lobbyist and special interest.

P.S. I miss the days before Ron Paul when I was apathetic about politics. Before my analytical self decided to get involved with politics. I would've saved myself thousands of hours of matching speeches with voting records. Digging into specifics and details of funding bills and appropriations bills. And I would not have made so damn many enemies over a subject that I had no control over. Politics.

My only political experience was I ran for an open seat on the school board in a town that leaned Republican but was pretty split. I ran as an independent and beat the Republican, but the Democrat won the seat. My campaign was that I was pro-education, but we had to spend our money more wisely. Obviously no Democrats supported me.

The Republican party rather than being mad at me reached out and asked me to run in the next election as a Republican. They said I'll never win as an independent. I appreciated it, but I didn't want to run as a Republican. I didn't run in the next election. It was never my intention to elect Democrats

We might be beyond that now. I don't see either party moderating, and I don't see a third party.

We really may be slipping into a long term Balkanization. And if it happens, it will have been a self-inflicted wound.

I was a supporter of the 2007 tea party. By the end of 2008, the GOP had infiltrated us and turned it into a GOP thing.
Initially, we were just as much against the left, as we were the right. Some of us were smart enough to recognize this. But the Tea Party was gaining too many die hard republican members to keep the infiltration from happening. The GOP had too much money. They were popping up too many Tea Party LLC's.
I was kicked out of a Tea Party event for trying to explain the difference between the original Tea Party and what it was heading towards. Kicked out by a bunch of "anybody but Obama" people.
The TEA party got hijacked by the same brand of neocon scum that running the Lincoln Pedo Project.....The Trumpster populist movement scares the living hell out of those mobsters because they can't infiltrate it.

Imperfect in that he walked the walk but could never deliver on the talk.

He would have had to doublecross his big money supporters if he even tried.

More corporatism is the exact opposite of what America needs now, and most are finally coming to that conclusion.

America could start by somehow eliminating Biden!
And Trump.

Take no means off the table hon!

I would have been zero for seven if the Libertarian Party hadn't stopped nominating actual libertarians.
It's been infiltrated by lefties and has become a sept of the Dem party to siphon votes from the dog-shit GOP.
Excuses for selling out and supporting Trump. Sad.

We're not like you. We don't support radical totalitarian leftists.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You aren't a Democrat even though you spend almost all your time on the site parroting their talking points.

Trump's policies weren't very good and the ones that were didn't go far enough. But he did one thing with radical leftist fascism and racism and stealing elections that you keep making excuses for. Trump fought back.

At this point the best thing we can do for our liberty is fight the left. And you still struggle to figure out how you are different from them. Leftists on the board don't know how you're different from them either

So you don't like the democratic party line.
Fine, I don't either.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been
Left, progressive, and liberal means anti-war, regulating banks, regulating corporations, and public financed joint social obligations like health care, education, transportation, etc.

You used "totalitarian" and "fascist", but those terms only refer to right wing policies of an oligarchy. They do not apply to left wing political beliefs. Left wing means low level, local, populist government that emphasizes individual rights and liberties.
Right wing by definition means Laissez fair capitalism, with unregulated banks, and corporations, and the wealthy elite in control of everything. Left is decentralized and popular, while right is centralized by the wealthy.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been pro war, pro banks, pro private health insurance, etc.

Far left fascists have always been pro war, pro banks, pro private big bidness, etc....Just as long as they play ball with The State...The neoliberal "left" and neocon "right" are in the same far left fascist team.

Right wing by definition means Laissez fair capitalism, with unregulated banks, and corporations, and the wealthy elite in control of everything. Left is decentralized and popular, while right is centralized by the wealthy.

Then you don't know the definition of laissez-faire.

What we have now is the Big Corporate elite supporting the hard left....It is you who are in favor of total central control and the wealthy elite (Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Soros, Delta, Coca-Cola, Disney) in charge of damn near everything.

I suggest to you a crash course in self-awareness, dude.

Think about what you are claiming?
If the people were in control, then we would have public health care.
Who does not want public health care?
It is the big corporations that do not want public health care.
So it is the wealthy elite who are in charge.
By definition that is the right wing, but if you want to call them left wing, it does not matter to me.
You're are on some serious drugs if you really believe that BigCorp doesn't want socialized medical care.....That would remove the biggest fringie that their employees have come to expect from their payroll.

Talk about not thinking about what you are claiming.

Fringe benefits like employer provided health insurance does not help the company in any way.
It costs a fortune, and makes products too expensive to be able to export.
You could easily attract the better employees with the cash instead.
Employer health insurance costs employers over $1200/per month, per employee.
That is huge.
Public health care has shown in all countries, to cost less than half as much, and since is paid through taxes, is more fair as well.

I would rate you in the top third on this forum for knowing a lot.

But you obviously can't keep your angry disposition under control.

You never give me likes.

I'm quite sure I have. When someone makes cogent argument, and I agree, I'll show support. I'm not worried about who posted it.

The OP initiated a worthwhile topic for discussion. Maybe you should just try to ignore all the ignorant spammers on this board that make discussions impossible.

It's worth rescuing even though he got the basic premise, but then went way too far with his own biased politics.

Worth mentioning though, that so many Americans are looking for some real answers. They must be visualizing some of the worst consequences.

Keep up the good work, you represent the best of this forum.

So you don't think the discussion of agreeing with the parties on some issues and not others making you a blind supporter of the party has anything to do with a thread on the two party system?

I think it does
This is what I don't get about either the OP or your views. I don't see any lack of logic or inconsistency if - for example - a person considers him/her self pro life, but votes gop even though there's the death penalty and Trump's policies in Yemen and in separating children. Nor do I see any lack of logic or inconsistency if a pro-life person votes dem based upon the DP and Yemen and immigration because abortions are lessened even without finding no worst-alternative can never be an abortion.

Absolutely, the MSM and parties try to divide by cutting into the grey areas to gain votes, but they are simply exploiting differences. Imo Trump and RW media have taken it a step further in they are rewriting truth for their own financial interests. Yes the 20 election involved people not voting the way they were expected to, and voting itself was screwed up with covid. But nothing made 20 "an invalid" election anymore then 2016, 2020, 1960 ... to say nothing of 1824 or 1968

Such bigotry in your points.

I'm pro-choice and anti-death penalty, but there is no logical inconsistency in believing in protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty. Someone who committed six murders made a CHOICE. A baby didn't make a choice to be conceived. That's not a contraction by Republicans, it's just propaganda by you.

Even dumber is your talking about Republicans separating children from their parents when the parents commit crimes and your silence about Democrats luring them here in the first place and all the kids that are raped, die and sold into slavery because of it.

You're a fucking propagandist, get help

I am also pro-choice and anti-death penalty.
The rational is that since inherent rights of individuals are the only source of any legal authority in a democratic republic, then government can't have the superior authority it would take to dictate on these issues.
Government can't force someone to be a baby factory slave, or to claim executions are defensive.

But since illegals can't vote, your claim democrats lure illegals here, makes no sense?
Nor is attempting to cross the border a crime. Illegal immigration is just a regulatory offense, not a crime.
A crime is against nature, that people to not have to be told is wrong.
But crossing a border is not inherently evil, and it is trying to stop humans from migrating that is unnatural.

Parties are bad.
washington adams and jefferson on the evolution (of devolution into) parties is sort of interesting. Parties are pretty natural. People gather by similarities for protection and greater power. The US has not always been two parties, and generally speaking parties broke and morphed. But the two majors have been pretty set since the civil war. Although the dems set out after the civil war as the less inclined to protect mftring through trade barriers.

My only political experience was I ran for school board in a town that leaned Republican but was pretty split. I ran as an independent and beat the Republican, but the Democrat won. The Republican party rather than being mad at me reached out and asked me to run in the next election as a Republican. They said I'll never win as an independent. I appreciated it, but I didn't want to run as a Republican. I didn't run in the next election. It was never my intention to elect Democrats
The Republican party rather than being mad at me reached out and asked me to run in the next election as a Republican. They said I'll never win as an independent.

They tried to draw you in so they could co-opt you....This is exactly how the MN GOP is run...The whole party is even more squishy and disingenuous than Romney

I would rate you in the top third on this forum for knowing a lot.
Ask me how many fucks I give about your rating of me.

I would have been zero for seven if the Libertarian Party hadn't stopped nominating actual libertarians.
It's been infiltrated by lefties and has become a sept of the Dem party to siphon votes from the dog-shit GOP.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You aren't a Democrat even though you spend almost all your time on the site parroting their talking points.

Trump's policies weren't very good and the ones that were didn't go far enough. But he did one thing with radical leftist fascism and racism and stealing elections that you keep making excuses for. Trump fought back.

At this point the best thing we can do for our liberty is fight the left. And you still struggle to figure out how you are different from them. Leftists on the board don't know how you're different from them either

Fine, I don't either.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been
Left, progressive, and liberal means anti-war, regulating banks, regulating corporations, and public financed joint social obligations like health care, education, transportation, etc.

You used "totalitarian" and "fascist", but those terms only refer to right wing policies of an oligarchy. They do not apply to left wing political beliefs. Left wing means low level, local, populist government that emphasizes individual rights and liberties.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been pro war, pro banks, pro private health insurance, etc.

Far left fascists have always been pro war, pro banks, pro private big bidness, etc....Just as long as they play ball with The State...The neoliberal "left" and neocon "right" are in the same far left fascist team.

What we have now is the Big Corporate elite supporting the hard left....It is you who are in favor of total central control and the wealthy elite (Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Soros, Delta, Coca-Cola, Disney) in charge of damn near everything.

By definition that is the right wing, but if you want to call them left wing, it does not matter to me.
You're are on some serious drugs if you really believe that BigCorp doesn't want socialized medical care.....That would remove the biggest fringie that their employees have come to expect from their payroll.

Fringe benefits like employer provided health insurance does not help the company in any way.
That is huge.
Public health care has shown in all countries, to cost less than half as much, and since is paid through taxes, is more fair as well.
Yes, and if you can't have it then you can't have freedom in one respect that has huge negative consequences.

Let's talk more about freedom, the word, and then 'freedom' in reality of the real world.

Canada is claiming to be the world's best so let's debate it!

Fine, I don't either.

That is huge.
whoa cogent, and here I am leaving. And yes, some of us preferred just ending the tax deductions to employers for health care, and raising the revenue to just provide each person a tax credit to purchase HC or insurance or a combination with some form of old age/catastrophic care in traditional public health.

That is huge.

Government has fucked up our medical system and driven medical costs to ridiculous levels. It's insane to say let's let the cause of the problem run it.

We need to get government OUT of medical care, not expand it. They are inept and greedy.

Why would you ever say a problem is so bad that the solution is to turn it over to people who are guaranteed to make it worse?

Fine, I don't either.

That is huge.

Well, DUUUUH!... Why the hell did you think that I said that they would want to offload that burden onto the taxpayer?

That's because it's rationed by central planners....Your claim that it is "fairer" is non sequitur and irrelevant to anything.

Forum List

Back