An Op Ed for the two party supporters

My issue with totalitarians is not that they formed a group, it's that they are ... hello ... totalitarians ...

I would not be thinking it makes sense if totalitarians were to go around agreeing with my arguments, I would be like WTF, what am I saying that resonates with TOTALITARIANS. In your case, almost all your agreement comes from totalitarians. Don't you ever wonder why? You seriously don't?

I also get "likes" and thumbs up from Trumpsters (even you on occasion). Should I be worried about that as well?

Once again, I really don't care. I'm not obsessed with political identity the way you are.

Your twisted view is the exact topic of this thread and you're displaying, in spades, just what's so fucked up about it.

I said "most" of your likes are from totalitarians, this doesn't disagree with that.

It's interesting you admitted that I give you a like when I agree with you. You never give me likes. LOL, and you called me partisan, it's a gas

By "the people" you are referring to mob rule where the many rob the few to pay their bills

"We the people" are supposed to be "the mob." Not the politicians who lie, cheat and steal to win elections. The worst "mob" are the ones who get elected, then get bought up by the lobbyist. Because then, they don't represent "we the people." They represent their lobbyist and/or special interest.
Which also eliminates our "republic." Because our elected officials are elected to represent us. This is the basis of a republic. But when "we the people" no longer have a say (except for the our votes), when we're no longer as important as the lobbyist, then we're lead by fascist. Fascist on the left. fascist on the right.

I'm not going to argue there is anything good about the Republican Party because there isn't.

But not supporting Republicans is insane now that Democrats have gone squarely into fascism silencing opposition with threats, intimidation and violence and Democrats are just stealing elections. When your boat is sinking, the first thing you focus on is plugging the hole, not redoing the décor

There's no sanity in supporting either of these parties. They're both wings of the same bird. Or anyone particular politician, at this point.
I'm a conservative (not a republican). Conservatism isn't actually allowed in the Republican party any longer. Oh sure, they give lip service to it. Pretend to promote it. But when they chips are down, they reject it every time.
During Trumps first two years of office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, was there spending cuts? Nope. They increased spending. Did they abolish abortion? Nope. In fact they gave millions to planned parenthood. Did they repeal and replace Obamacare? Nope. They continued to fund it.

Die hard Trump supporters and republicans will blame the democrats, even though the GOP had the majority. Now think about that. The GOP had the majority, and still blame the democrats. This is brainwashing material. Just like "democrats are worse than republicans" is brainwashing material.

Proof: All those details in the bills that both parties pass, that most people (including myself now a days) don't bother to read. If all you armchair republicans and democrats would start paying more attention to what your party does, and not so much what it says, you'd understand just how brainwashed you really are. And what fools you're making of yourselves.

Democrats are fascists who are using threats intimidation and violence to silence their opposition. They are stealing elections.

If by "support" you mean if there is no reason to like Republicans, I agree with that. And no, Republicans aren't remotely conservative.

If you mean don't vote for Republicans over the Hitler fascist Democrat party because Republicans don't meet my standards, then you are an idiot
You get it! Both political parties are your enemies.

But then you go insane by suggesting that one party is stealing elections!

I would have been zero for seven if the Libertarian Party hadn't stopped nominating actual libertarians.
It's been infiltrated by lefties and has become a sept of the Dem party to siphon votes from the dog-shit GOP.
Excuses for selling out and supporting Trump. Sad.

We're not like you. We don't support radical totalitarian leftists.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You aren't a Democrat even though you spend almost all your time on the site parroting their talking points.

Trump's policies weren't very good and the ones that were didn't go far enough. But he did one thing with radical leftist fascism and racism and stealing elections that you keep making excuses for. Trump fought back.

At this point the best thing we can do for our liberty is fight the left. And you still struggle to figure out how you are different from them. Leftists on the board don't know how you're different from them either

So you don't like the democratic party line.
Fine, I don't either.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been
Left, progressive, and liberal means anti-war, regulating banks, regulating corporations, and public financed joint social obligations like health care, education, transportation, etc.

You used "totalitarian" and "fascist", but those terms only refer to right wing policies of an oligarchy. They do not apply to left wing political beliefs. Left wing means low level, local, populist government that emphasizes individual rights and liberties.
Right wing by definition means Laissez fair capitalism, with unregulated banks, and corporations, and the wealthy elite in control of everything. Left is decentralized and popular, while right is centralized by the wealthy.
But that is because I am a far left, progressive, liberal, and the democratic party has been pro war, pro banks, pro private health insurance, etc.

Far left fascists have always been pro war, pro banks, pro private big bidness, etc....Just as long as they play ball with The State...The neoliberal "left" and neocon "right" are in the same far left fascist team.

Right wing by definition means Laissez fair capitalism, with unregulated banks, and corporations, and the wealthy elite in control of everything. Left is decentralized and popular, while right is centralized by the wealthy.

Then you don't know the definition of laissez-faire.

What we have now is the Big Corporate elite supporting the hard left....It is you who are in favor of total central control and the wealthy elite (Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Soros, Delta, Coca-Cola, Disney) in charge of damn near everything.

I suggest to you a crash course in self-awareness, dude.

Think about what you are claiming?
If the people were in control, then we would have public health care.
Who does not want public health care?
It is the big corporations that do not want public health care.
So it is the wealthy elite who are in charge.
By definition that is the right wing, but if you want to call them left wing, it does not matter to me.

By "the people" you are referring to mob rule where the many rob the few to pay their bills

That is where your right leaning sneaks out.
There is a danger from mob rule, but the reality is that the majority are the most productive workers, and the wealthy elite are not as productive, relying more on taking a large share of the labor of the masses.
Public health care would not rob the few, but average out the health risk pool among all the people.
It is those against public health care who are greedy, because it is not like anyone is going to break a leg in order to get it set for free.
Universal health care is a bare minimum of any civilized society.

No one has been able to get the vote for illegals.
Even the amnesty program never gave anyone the vote.

No one is luring anyone here.
If you talk to illegals, they are scared of the death squads.
The US has trained, financed, and arm right wing, military dictatorships in almost all central and south American countries.
So no unions, low pay, danger and risk.

While I appreciate the ironic humor of turning this thread into yet another partisan pissing match, what do you guys think of the two-party system? Is it a good thing? A bad thing? Just the way it is? Any opinions on the topic?

LOL, that's what you just did, turn it into a partisan pissing match. I am trying to talk ideology with you and you can't move past party.

Which really gets to the two party system, doesn't it? I'm not a Democrat, so you think I'm a Republican.

That is far more the two party system is used in this country, anyone who doesn't agree with your view is typically labeled as the other party. I regularly take positions against our being in the middle east at all, the size of our military, the war on drugs. I'm pro-abortion and anti-death penalty. You're a long time poster and see all that. But I'm not a Democrat, so you just say partisan Republican. That is how our "two party" system really works, you're a perfect example
Nice try. No, I'm not, at all, obsessed with your party affiliation. That's your deal.

Deflect, deflect, deflect ...
:rolleyes:

You can't possibly be as dumb as you claim you are.

My issue with totalitarians is not that they formed a group, it's that they are ... hello ... totalitarians ...

I would not be thinking it makes sense if totalitarians were to go around agreeing with my arguments, I would be like WTF, what am I saying that resonates with TOTALITARIANS. In your case, almost all your agreement comes from totalitarians. Don't you ever wonder why? You seriously don't?

Except that Totalitarianism does not mean left or right, but just that one group rules and does not allow any other opposition.
But since Totalitarianism implies centralized, and left implies decentralized populism, Totalitarianism is usually a right wing dictatorship of the wealthy elite.

You really can't be a right wing free market capitalist and be a totalitarian, it doesn't make sense.

Totalitarian does go with government control over the economy, yes, it is left

"We the people" are supposed to be "the mob." Not the politicians who lie, cheat and steal to win elections. The worst "mob" are the ones who get elected, then get bought up by the lobbyist. Because then, they don't represent "we the people." They represent their lobbyist and/or special interest.
Which also eliminates our "republic." Because our elected officials are elected to represent us. This is the basis of a republic. But when "we the people" no longer have a say (except for the our votes), when we're no longer as important as the lobbyist, then we're lead by fascist. Fascist on the left. fascist on the right.

Free people don't rob each other. That is just tyranny of the majority

I'm not going to argue there is anything good about the Republican Party because there isn't.

But not supporting Republicans is insane now that Democrats have gone squarely into fascism silencing opposition with threats, intimidation and violence and Democrats are just stealing elections. When your boat is sinking, the first thing you focus on is plugging the hole, not redoing the décor

There's no sanity in supporting either of these parties. They're both wings of the same bird. Or anyone particular politician, at this point.
I'm a conservative (not a republican). Conservatism isn't actually allowed in the Republican party any longer. Oh sure, they give lip service to it. Pretend to promote it. But when they chips are down, they reject it every time.
During Trumps first two years of office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, was there spending cuts? Nope. They increased spending. Did they abolish abortion? Nope. In fact they gave millions to planned parenthood. Did they repeal and replace Obamacare? Nope. They continued to fund it.

Die hard Trump supporters and republicans will blame the democrats, even though the GOP had the majority. Now think about that. The GOP had the majority, and still blame the democrats. This is brainwashing material. Just like "democrats are worse than republicans" is brainwashing material.

Proof: All those details in the bills that both parties pass, that most people (including myself now a days) don't bother to read. If all you armchair republicans and democrats would start paying more attention to what your party does, and not so much what it says, you'd understand just how brainwashed you really are. And what fools you're making of yourselves.

Democrats are fascists who are using threats intimidation and violence to silence their opposition. They are stealing elections.

If by "support" you mean if there is no reason to like Republicans, I agree with that. And no, Republicans aren't remotely conservative.

If you mean don't vote for Republicans over the Hitler fascist Democrat party because Republicans don't meet my standards, then you are an idiot
You get it! Both political parties are your enemies.

But then you go insane by suggesting that one party is stealing elections!

I am not saying there is no fraud on both sides. But yes, it's only on a scale of regularly flipping election results in only on one, it's the Democrats doing it. They're doing it in front of your face. Just open your eyes.

BTW, before 2020 when I voted for Trump, I voted Republican one out of the prior seven elections. Yes, I get how pathetic both parties are. Democrats aren't kidding anymore, they want free elections to end and to guarantee they win. Leftists always end up there

You never give me likes.

I'm quite sure I have. When someone makes cogent argument, and I agree, I'll show support. I'm not worried about who posted it.

So you didn't agree with this?

"Free people don't rob each other. That is just tyranny of the majority."

I'm a libertarian and you never agree with anything I say? How often do you thank leftists? You do all the time, don't you?

I didn't write it for you, but you glossed past it

Something is happening in America.
Some of the threads on this board show that Americans are starting to have the conversation on the sorry plight of America's working class people.

Trump himself pretended to take on the fight for the working class and even incited his followers to violence against bad government.

But obviously Trump, a corporatist himself, never had any intention of delivering for the people.

Well said.

Maybe soon, enough people will begin to hear and recognize rhetoric when they hear it.
I think still, too many people are too busy trying to be armchair politicians, and using only the information they get from their side as a means of battling the other side.
Fact: Most Trump supporters don't know what Trump ended his "lock her up" rhetoric the day after the election. he announce quietly that he wouldn't be going after Hillary.
And most democrats don't know that the Clintons and the Trumps are still BFF's.

We might be beyond that now. I don't see either party moderating, and I don't see a third party.

We really may be slipping into a long term Balkanization. And if it happens, it will have been a self-inflicted wound.

I was a supporter of the 2007 tea party. By the end of 2008, the GOP had infiltrated us and turned it into a GOP thing.
Initially, we were just as much against the left, as we were the right. Some of us were smart enough to recognize this. But the Tea Party was gaining too many die hard republican members to keep the infiltration from happening. The GOP had too much money. They were popping up too many Tea Party LLC's.
I was kicked out of a Tea Party event for trying to explain the difference between the original Tea Party and what it was heading towards. Kicked out by a bunch of "anybody but Obama" people.
Seems to me that getting too close to, or having too much overlap with, either major party carries a risk of being polluted by that party.

The problem may be that the party's massive infrastructure is just too tempting to resist. So rather than sticking to its core principles, a movement may not be able to resist the power that comes with cozying up with the party.

I don't know how the hell a third party gets off the ground. Yet we need one.

What happened with Trump is exactly what Harry Browne predicted way back in 1995.....The democrats' lies about being defenders of civil liberties and against international warmongering, and the republicans' lies about being for smaller gubmint and fiscal restraint, would be laid bare.....They would join forces to oppose anyone and everyone who would dare to stand up to their totalitarian agenda.

Now, imperfect a vehicle as Trump was and is, he still exposed the uniparty for what it is....As a bonus, he also exposed the fake news media -including Fox- for the craven cowardly mob of cultural Marxists that they are.

Horribly flawed as populism is, it's the only available vehicle at hand to of the globalist/fascist iceberg in our ship's path.....That's not approval, just telling the reality of the situation like it is.

Actual 'conservative' ideals can't survive in this modern world. It has no concept of the need to share the wealth with the hungry masses.

China's system of sharing the wealth under it's capitalist/communist system is showing huge success because it will always be popular with the country's people.

While America is stuck in a system that embraces huge profit for the few, at the expense of the masses.

Conservatism has to die in America because there is no 'socially' responsible compromise possible.

You never give me likes.

I'm quite sure I have. When someone makes cogent argument, and I agree, I'll show support. I'm not worried about who posted it.

I'm a libertarian and you never agree with anything I say? How often do you thank leftists? You do all the time, don't you?

I didn't actually read that. But rather than get caught up in your personal ego issues, let's get back to the topic.

Do you think the two-party system is a good thing? Or not?

What happened with Trump is exactly what Harry Browne predicted way back in 1995.....The democrats' lies about being defenders of civil liberties and against international warmongering, and the republicans' lies about being for smaller gubmint and fiscal restraint, would be laid bare.....They would join forces to oppose anyone and everyone who would dare to stand up to their totalitarian agenda.

Now, imperfect a vehicle as Trump was and is, he still exposed the uniparty for what it is....As a bonus, he also exposed the fake news media -including Fox- for the craven cowardly mob of cultural Marxists that they are.

Horribly flawed as populism is, it's the only available vehicle at hand to of the globalist/fascist iceberg in our ship's path.....That's not approval, just telling the reality of the situation like it is.

I'm guessing you read "How I found Freedom in an Unfree World." It was a great book. I didn't agree with everything.

My favorite was the part his girlfriend went to fuck another guy. I personally thought he was the one who didn't get it. I think his girlfriend was thinking, wow, you're going to let me fuck another guy? You're a dumb ass.

He made a lot of great points though

Some of the threads on this board show that Americans are starting to have the conversation on the sorry plight of America's working class people.

Trump himself pretended to take on the fight for the working class and even incited his followers to violence against bad government.

But obviously Trump, a corporatist himself, never had any intention of delivering for the people.
Yeah, this will be one of the myriad fascinating things about this period that historians will have to cover.

These people -- with many perfectly reasonable concerns and priorities, at least in my book -- adopted this guy emotionally even though the relationship is entirely one-sided. Their media essentially played matchmaker, and here we are.

Actual 'conservative' ideals can't survive in this modern world. It has no concept of the need to share the wealth with the hungry masses.

China's system of sharing the wealth under it's capitalist/communist system is showing huge success because it will always be popular with the country's people.

While America is stuck in a system that embraces huge profit for the few, at the expense of the masses.

Conservatism has to die in America because there is no 'socially' responsible compromise possible.

Best thing to do is make government as small as we can so we can live our own lives. Smaller government has less power just because it's smaller

You never give me likes.

I didn't actually read that. But rather than get caught up in your personal ego issues, let's get back to the topic.

Do you think the two-party system is a good thing? Or not?

I just think it's funny that you think I'm partisan and you're not, then you admitted that you notice I've thanked you enough times for you to remember. When I agree with you I thank you.

You never agree with a libertarian on ANYTHING. Oh, but you're not partisan like I am.

It's the problem with lying, everything turns around on you at some point

Lying asshole.

Trump incited nothing.

In the four years of his regime, black and Hispanic unemployment hit historic lows, while the real value of wages earned rose.

Now get your sorry, race baiting, back bacon munching Kanuk ass back into your own fucking lane.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
OK, so you actually believe I don't see all your discussions with everyone else. I don't see your high fives with the left, even in this conversation where Mac1958 wrapped himself firmly around your balls to protect you. I don't see you having all the same conversations with other conservatives and libertarians you have with me. It's just me. I imagine it all.

No, it's not just you. Most partisans are trapped in the same mindset, imagining the same horseshit.
That's true. I doubt the Trump folks are any more into alternative facts than the AOC types. I tend to give them more slack because I think most will change over time, but maybe I'm just projecting.
Opposing leftist lunacy doesn't make anyone a "Trump folk" by any stretch.

People like Kaz and myself have expressed disagreements with Trump on policy and staffing decisions numerous times, and nobody wants to go anywhere near that approach....Just smear, defame, lie, gaslight, and screech RUSSIA!

And yes, you are projecting.
You are a lunatic if you think vaccines are not better than no vaccines or that social distancing is not helpul, and you are a lunatic if you thing the 20 election was any whackier than some in the past ... although I'd give you as a fact that a decent number of Hillary supporters always thought 16 was illegally tainted.

Good vaccines are helpful, but totally synthetic experimental vaccines can be extremely risky.
For example, they could make a mistake that would lead to massive allergic reations in the future.
It does not even have to be fatal, but could cause species extinction from sterility.

Social distancing most definitely is NOT helpful at all.
Last March, the contact circles of those infected were small, and a small number of people gaining immunity through recovery could easily have ended the epidemic entirely. But "flattening the curve" prevents herd immunity. It makes any epidemic last perpetually, by conserving easy local hosts. With covid-19, almost all the deaths could have been avoided by deliberately substituting young/healthy, for the elderly who were likely to die if infected. Social distancing vastly increased the time and spread of the epidemic, by preventing herd immunity. And Fauci's 2.4 million dead estimate for herd immunity was obviously wrong because he did not know almost half the population was asymptomatic, and therefore had to be immune already.

Forum List

Back