An IQ of 100

I have an IQ of 147, this the latest test I took.

So I have a question.
What makes the "Average IQ" so attractive to other people ?
The average IQ is 100.

Just a reminder, 100 is very first number with three digits !
Compared to how I function, how most people I have ever dealt with on a daily basis as equals function... 100 is fucking slow as molasses.

An IQ of 90 is considered dull.... 100 is just 10 points higher than DULL, scientifically, and 85 is getting near retarded, if it isn't retarded.

The average person that I know has an IQ ranging from about 118, up to about 160.

So what is with all these complaints in marriages, when the spouse has an "above average iq".. especially regarding people with Asperger ?

So what the fuck is the attraction to people with just an "Average IQ" ?

A 160 IQ is MENSA territory, there are not many that fall there, and most of the subversive left here fall far below 100, just read their posts.... Comedy Central is nothing compared to these parrots!

A 160 IQ is MENSA territory

Mensa is more like 130.

It had been 150 several decades ago, apparently their standards have dropped, or perhaps the general IQ of the public has collectively dropped, which seems more than likely!

It had been 150 several decades ago

No. Top 2% has always been in the area of 130, depending on the test.
Correct, and that fact has often made me wonder how such a high percentage of folks who populate a forum like this one seem to so often have IQ's in those high and higher ranges. Could it be attributable to self testing?

I used to watch Jeopardy a lot. Alex Trebek (who has philosophy degrees from the University of Ottawa and the University of Toronto, and who was a noted philosophical debater in Canada before slumming into show business) never seemed to tire of announcing that MENSA members were miserable Jeopardy players, most getting bounced early on. I don't know what the connection is, I'm just passing on what Trebek observed over many years.
Jeopardy requires rapid recall of "trivial" information. Pattern recognition and problem solving are more often tested with IQ tests.

I disagree. In order to glean that "trivial" information, one had to be very well read in an eclectic mix of human interests. If the category was Shakespeare, and a single contestant answered eight question in a row of Shakespeare esoterica, well then that person must have read, understood, and retained the great bard's entire corpus. In short, Jeopardy winners weren't necessarily high IQ people, but they were well-rounded and very well-read people. They were in touch with the world.

Probably the greatest theoretical physicist in American history was Nobel Prize winner, Richard Feynman. The Cal Tech professor was also one of the greatest lecturers in American academia. His lectures were never dry cyphering drones. Rather Feynman interjected a plethora of reasons as to why subjects like theoretical calculus are important to humanity. His lectures were as much about the why as they were about the how. His IQ was 125.

Aye, people often believe that the higher a person's IQ the better they are at doing whatever it is they do.
Not necessarily. Take Richard Rosner, an astounding verified IQ of 192. Yet he can barely get through daily life plagued by obsessive compulsions and meaningless writings and theories without useful application. He earned(s) a modest living writing for TV shows.
At the same time, there are many-many highly successful people in all fields with great achievements whose IQs less than 140.

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Compared to how I function, how most people I have ever dealt with on a daily basis as equals function... 100 is fucking slow as molasses.

An IQ of 90 is considered dull.... 100 is just 10 points higher than DULL, scientifically, and 85 is getting near retarded, if it isn't retarded.

The average person that I know has an IQ ranging from about 118, up to about 160.

So what is with all these complaints in marriages, when the spouse has an "above average iq".. especially regarding people with Asperger ?

A 160 IQ is MENSA territory, there are not many that fall there, and most of the subversive left here fall far below 100, just read their posts.... Comedy Central is nothing compared to these parrots!

Mensa is more like 130.

It had been 150 several decades ago, apparently their standards have dropped, or perhaps the general IQ of the public has collectively dropped, which seems more than likely!

It had been 150 several decades ago

No. Top 2% has always been in the area of 130, depending on the test.
Correct, and that fact has often made me wonder how such a high percentage of folks who populate a forum like this one seem to so often have IQ's in those high and higher ranges. Could it be attributable to self testing?
boredom and loneliness caused by social isolation and ostracization?

too smaht for their own good

Nah...it's called boredom. And a lack of people around us who want to talk about something other than what's on TV.

I used to watch Jeopardy a lot. Alex Trebek (who has philosophy degrees from the University of Ottawa and the University of Toronto, and who was a noted philosophical debater in Canada before slumming into show business) never seemed to tire of announcing that MENSA members were miserable Jeopardy players, most getting bounced early on. I don't know what the connection is, I'm just passing on what Trebek observed over many years.
Jeopardy requires rapid recall of "trivial" information. Pattern recognition and problem solving are more often tested with IQ tests.

I disagree. In order to glean that "trivial" information, one had to be very well read in an eclectic mix of human interests. If the category was Shakespeare, and a single contestant answered eight question in a row of Shakespeare esoterica, well then that person must have read, understood, and retained the great bard's entire corpus. In short, Jeopardy winners weren't necessarily high IQ people, but they were well-rounded and very well-read people. They were in touch with the world.

Probably the greatest theoretical physicist in American history was Nobel Prize winner, Richard Feynman. The Cal Tech professor was also one of the greatest lecturers in American academia. His lectures were never dry cyphering drones. Rather Feynman interjected a plethora of reasons as to why subjects like theoretical calculus are important to humanity. His lectures were as much about the why as they were about the how. His IQ was 125.

Aye, people often believe that the higher a person's IQ the better they are at doing whatever it is they do.
Not necessarily. Take Richard Rosner, an astounding verified IQ of 192. Yet he can barely get through daily life plagued by obsessive compulsions and meaningless writings and theories without useful application. He earned(s) a modest living writing for TV shows.
At the same time, there are many-many highly successful people in all fields with great achievements whose IQs less than 140.
IQ tests have never been predictors of achievement in any field, or predictors of anything other than IQs

Nah...it's called boredom. And a lack of people around us who want to talk about something other than what's on TV.
really? some of us avoid with an obsession bordering on madness, the most popular and inane threads here. Talk about boredom and stupid shit on tv...take a look at the most popular threads. then stfu

:lol:

There was a RW USMB member a couple of years ago called CaliforniaGirl that lived in London England. She constantly bragged about having a 162 IQ. She left when Romney lost. I find NeoCons with high IQ's an oxymoron or just smart sociopaths.
And just like that....whoooosh....there goes an IQ bragging rights. That was the equivalent of dripping dirty oil in a lobby. It does illustrate that liberals tend to equate arrogance with intellect.

Does anyone remember the episode of 'House' where the off-the-charts genius patient wanted to refuse treatment because the disease made him stupid enough to like his wife?
Okay, Sweetie. You spend too much time watching TV and too much time in coffee houses near Seattle. What does your wife think of all this? :nono:

She doesn't mind.

What can I say... we met in a coffee shop near Seattle while watching t.v. ;)

A classic and common manifestation example of the current Evolutionary pinnacle of mammalian love on a Lucky planet with a seriously lush biosphere, where technology affects evolution just like everything else in the environment.

Lucky Monkeys! :thup:

There was a RW USMB member a couple of years ago called CaliforniaGirl that lived in London England. She constantly bragged about having a 162 IQ. She left when Romney lost. I find NeoCons with high IQ's an oxymoron or just smart sociopaths.
And just like that....whoooosh....there goes an IQ bragging rights. That was the equivalent of dripping dirty oil in a lobby. It does illustrate that liberals tend to equate arrogance with intellect.
irony alert

Does anyone remember the episode of 'House' where the off-the-charts genius patient wanted to refuse treatment because the disease made him stupid enough to like his wife?
Okay, Sweetie. You spend too much time watching TV and too much time in coffee houses near Seattle. What does your wife think of all this? :nono:

She doesn't mind.

What can I say... we met in a coffee shop near Seattle while watching t.v. ;)

A classic and common manifestation example of the current Evolutionary pinnacle of mammalian love on a Lucky planet with a seriously lush biosphere, where technology affects evolution just like everything else in the environment.

Lucky Monkeys! :thup:
tell me you two don't have 10 monkey friends?

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Is 84 retarded?

I hope not, or I might want to retake it.

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Is 84 retarded?

friggin idgit!

You took it using the metric scale

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Mensa is more like 130.

I always thought it was 140.

That's what my kin who were in it with all the other nerds and dishwashers always said. That's the beginning of the genius level.

Last edited:

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Is 84 retarded?

friggin idgit!

Okay, I'll definitely have to retake it. With answers written my arm.

So I have a question.
The average IQ is 100.

Is 84 retarded?

friggin idgit!

Okay, I'll definitely have to retake it. With answers written my arm.
get a job publishing or printing the test. then you can write the right answers down

IQ tests have never been predictors of achievement in any field, or predictors of anything other than IQs

What a silly statement. Glib. Powerfully ignorant. I worked as a supervisor for a company that used mostly handicapped people to manufacture certain operations in aircraft parts production. I got a good education in assessing and training people with limited IQ and some with non threatening mental disease...and some with :lol:

Someone such as yourself could possibly learn a lot about the real world applications of testing and understanding people with IQ deficiencies.

IQ although not the only testing that matters certainly is a useful tool in gauging success. That statement is from real world experience and application.

Forum List

Back