An iPhone for 8 bucks

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Reaction score
I got this iPhone 4s for 8 € at the rag fair and it was a hit or miss purchase. Now, after a week, it is still working and doing its job.

Here is where the SIM tray should be but there is just the hole. You can hardly see it but I managed to insert a card "properly":

The battery has inflated, a water damage according to the guy at the second hand store:

But it is working fine and has a flawless display, although the battery is not the best anymore:

I had serious trouble getting an Apple ID. It won´t let me finish the forms and the support had to "whitelist" my email address. Then I couldn´t complete my ID because it would not accept "none" paying method. But the support helped me again. So who can claim he got an iPhone for 8 bucks?

TroglocratsRdumb

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this iPhone 4s for 8 € at the rag fair and it was a hit or miss purchase. Now, after a week, it is still working and doing its job.

Here is where the SIM tray should be but there is just the hole. You can hardly see it but I managed to insert a card "properly":

The battery has inflated, a water damage according to the guy at the second hand store:

But it is working fine and has a flawless display, although the battery is not the best anymore:

I had serious trouble getting an Apple ID. It won´t let me finish the forms and the support had to "whitelist" my email address. Then I couldn´t complete my ID because it would not accept "none" paying method. But the support helped me again. So who can claim he got an iPhone for 8 bucks?
wonder how long cell phones last? 2 years? 4 years?

OP
Bleipriester

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Reaction score

wonder how long cell phones last? 2 years? 4 years?
Depends on treatment and luck. My 2009 Diamond 2 is still in daily use.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Why would I want to? :dunno:

iamwhatiseem

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can you still update any apps on a 4?
For instance maps...I have no idea, but just curious if maps can update for instance on such an old phone.

OP
Bleipriester

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Reaction score

Why would I want to? :dunno:
There is no better way to get to know the iOS world as with an 8 bucks phone.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List