An iPhone for 8 bucks

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
I got this iPhone 4s for 8 € at the rag fair and it was a hit or miss purchase. Now, after a week, it is still working and doing its job.

Here is where the SIM tray should be but there is just the hole. You can hardly see it but I managed to insert a card "properly":
ip1ctqaz.jpg

The battery has inflated, a water damage according to the guy at the second hand store:
ip2tape9.jpg

But it is working fine and has a flawless display, although the battery is not the best anymore:
ip37fohd.jpg

I had serious trouble getting an Apple ID. It won´t let me finish the forms and the support had to "whitelist" my email address. Then I couldn´t complete my ID because it would not accept "none" paying method. But the support helped me again. So who can claim he got an iPhone for 8 bucks?

I got this iPhone 4s for 8 € at the rag fair and it was a hit or miss purchase. Now, after a week, it is still working and doing its job.

Here is where the SIM tray should be but there is just the hole. You can hardly see it but I managed to insert a card "properly":
ip1ctqaz.jpg

The battery has inflated, a water damage according to the guy at the second hand store:
ip2tape9.jpg

But it is working fine and has a flawless display, although the battery is not the best anymore:
ip37fohd.jpg

I had serious trouble getting an Apple ID. It won´t let me finish the forms and the support had to "whitelist" my email address. Then I couldn´t complete my ID because it would not accept "none" paying method. But the support helped me again. So who can claim he got an iPhone for 8 bucks?

wonder how long cell phones last? 2 years? 4 years?

ip1ctqaz.jpg

ip2tape9.jpg

ip37fohd.jpg

wonder how long cell phones last? 2 years? 4 years?
Depends on treatment and luck. My 2009 Diamond 2 is still in daily use.

ip1ctqaz.jpg

ip2tape9.jpg

ip37fohd.jpg

Why would I want to? :dunno:

Can you still update any apps on a 4?
For instance maps...I have no idea, but just curious if maps can update for instance on such an old phone.

ip1ctqaz.jpg

ip2tape9.jpg

ip37fohd.jpg

Why would I want to? :dunno:
There is no better way to get to know the iOS world as with an 8 bucks phone.

Forum List

Back