An interesting point

I read this in the comments section of a major newspaper.

"The unborn" are a convenient group of people to advocate for.

They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn.

It's almost as if, by being born, they have died to you.

You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone.

They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

--Methodist Pastor David Barnhart".

I think it's a pretty good explanation of why conservatives are so rabidly pro birth but against anything that helps the kid after he or she is born.

There is also the very convenient and lovable ability it gives to attack the unfeeling, remorseless and selfish women who decide to get rid of the inconvenient "consequences" of their wanton lifestyles. A misogynists dream ticket. If only these sluts would learn to keep their legs closed.

They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn.

You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone.

They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

I think it's a pretty good explanation of why conservatives are so rabidly pro birth but against anything that helps the kid after he or she is born.
It is not about that. It is about phukn without any consequences. We crossed the line decades ago. Its just that our IQ's are lower with it.

I feel like I need to correct something.

I am not "pro abortion". I am against abortion. I think we should do everything in our power to convince everyone concerned not to have one. That's more than showing ugly pictures of bloody fetuses and screaming insults, Republicans.

But when we fail, and we will fail sometimes, it should happen in a clean, safe environment And be performed by a trained physician. Not in some back alley somewhere by some quack with a coat hanger.

That's why I'm pro choice.
Correct.

No one is ‘pro-abortion’ – we all agree that the practice is unfortunate, that far too many women are in such dire straits, and we’d all prefer the practice to end.

Indeed, it’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to oppose abortion while recognizing and defending a woman’s right to privacy and the limits placed on the state prohibiting interference in the personal decision whether to have a child or not.

We need to find the means by which to end the practice of abortion that comports with the Constitution and does not violate the privacy rights of women.

Let's look at this from another perspective:

"The unborn" are a convenient group of people to dismiss and discard.

They never made demands of you and now they never will; they are morally uncomplicated because they were not allowed to develop a conscience, unlike the lawful, non-addicted, or the chronically self sufficient; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct and now they will never learn not to; like orphans, they need money, education, and childcare and now they will never receive these things; they will never be taught to eschew racial, cultural, and religious baggage; they will never learn to feel good about themselves and to work at creating and maintaining relationships; and when they are ripped from the womb, you can forget about them, because they cease to be.

It's almost as if, by not being born, they have never existed to you.

You can kill the unborn and advocate for their mothers' rights without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone.

They are, in short, the perfect people to kill if you want to claim you love life but actually dislike people who love life.

It is not about that. It is about phukn without any consequences. We crossed the line decades ago. Its just that our IQ's are lower with it.
If that were true Republicans would be pro birth control.

The church ministries finding homes for the illegal immigrant children crossing the border are helping children, after they are born.....

Not certain the claimed Christans on this board like that though?
Yet you and the dumb OP would rather the children be murdered via abortion.

See? I can make absurd conclusions too.

Yet you and the dumb OP would rather the children be murdered via abortion.

See? I can make absurd conclusions too.
I don't want to see their pregnancies terminated, but that is not my decision to make for another person or couple. I don't know their circumstance, nor should I know something so personal.

Life as God granted it begins at conception, not at birth, nor are we so foolish or stupid as to believe those who sought to murder us while we were yet in the womb will now come to our aid or comfort when we have presented our birth certificates to them.

I don't want to see their pregnancies terminated, but that is not my decision to make for another person or couple. I don't know their circumstance, nor should I know something so personal.
And I don’t think cons don’t care about children, as the dumb OP and many dupes on the left believe. It’s a propaganda scheme promoted by the abortionists for decades now. You’d think you people on the left would see it by now.

Forum List

Back