An interesting point

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
I read this in the comments section of a major newspaper.

"The unborn" are a convenient group of people to advocate for.

They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn.

It's almost as if, by being born, they have died to you.

You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone.

They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

--Methodist Pastor David Barnhart".

I think it's a pretty good explanation of why conservatives are so rabidly pro birth but against anything that helps the kid after he or she is born.

They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn.

You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone.

They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

I think it's a pretty good explanation of why conservatives are so rabidly pro birth but against anything that helps the kid after he or she is born.
I very much suspect that many on the Right who say they're pro life don't actually give a crap one way or another. It's more political/ideological for them, owning da libz 'n stuff.

For them, it's just going along with the tribe.

I’m not a con, but even I know they don’t think as you claim. You’re falling for left wing propaganda. Stop it.

Why don't you show us some.

And how many people do they actually help?

Give us numbers

That's an advertisement. Not sure what you're getting at.

Unborn are perfect to use to push your agenda, rhetoric, argue for, use as a political tool, and so on. They are utterly perfect because they can't speak for themselves. You can literally say anything you want about unborn children.

Once they are born though they become less useful of a tool but they still hold value. But the older they get the less useful they are for people to weaponize to push their personal or social issues.

thats their home page...simple goog search will give you what you want.......your post was a specious self righteous charge with no basis
Huge banner at the top of the page:. Save a woman and her baby!! Donate to..."

Right below that they want me to buy a copy of something.

That's an advertisement, nothing more.

I very much suspect that many on the Right who say they're pro life don't actually give a crap one way or another. It's more political/ideological for them, owning da libz 'n stuff.

For them, it's just going along with the tribe.
That's nine-five percent of what the partisan douchebags fight over.

Huge banner at the top of the page:. Save a woman and her baby!! Donate to..."

Right below that they want me to buy a copy of something.

That's an advertisement, nothing more.
Nice big fat lie........and btw how do you help people without cash

Forum List

Back