An Example of How Past Government Policy Has Helped Whites Today

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
And most of you benefitted from it.

On June 22, 1944 President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill. This law provided benefits for veterans returning from the second World War. Funds were paid for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time southern congressmen fought passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different.

Democratic congressmen in the south fought against provisions of the GI Bill out of fear that returning black veterans might be able to use public support for their war effort to advocate against Jim Crow laws. Southern Democrats using the same tactics they used to make certain other policies in the New Deal helped as few Black people as possible, wanted benefits to be administered by the states. Mississippi Congressman John Rankin was the ringleader in that regard]. He and other Southern Democrats knew doing that would allow southern states to do what each state had been doing since the Civil Rights Cases. That would be states implementing policies full of loopholes and restrictions that would be enforced on blacks but not whites thereby ensuring the GI Bill would primarily benefit whites. Congress gave southern Democrats what they wanted.

Now before I have to hear you republicans sing that sad sorry lie about democrats, remember that republicans voted to give the southern democrats what they wanted. My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.

ONLY 2% OF LIVING AMERICANS HAD ANCESTORS INVOLVED IN THE SLAVE TRADE

2 PERCENT
And this thread had 100 percent of nothing to do with slavery.

0 percent.

For the truly racist white person, they always want to use that dumb ass excuse. Except when they try telling us how only democrats had slaves therefore they can be held accountable for something nobody today had anything to do with.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there were black G.i.s in World War II. I've seen it in movies.

tuskegee-1000x600.jpg

View attachment 364490
Read the links. Don't be scared to see how much the government has done for whites.

My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.

You can wail, kick and scream if that makes you feel better, but this thread isn't about slavery.

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

tenor.gif
They can't talk about what happened after slavery. Because they must always have an excuse.

Damn! She slapped the taste out of that womans mouth.

View attachment 364490
His point is that the GI bill laws were carried out by the states, just like they carried out the voting laws.

Common Jim Crow laws included literary tests, poll taxes, and the grandfather clause, which were all restrictions on voting meant to keep black men from casting a ballot.

And most of you benefitted from it.

On June 22, 1944 President Roosevelt signed the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, better known as the G.I. Bill. This law provided benefits for veterans returning from the second World War. Funds were paid for college tuition, low-cost home loans, and unemployment insurance. As in every other program during this time southern congressmen fought passage of these laws unless there were provisions that limited access to blacks. The G.I Bill was no different.

Democratic congressmen in the south fought against provisions of the GI Bill out of fear that returning black veterans might be able to use public support for their war effort to advocate against Jim Crow laws. Southern Democrats using the same tactics they used to make certain other policies in the New Deal helped as few Black people as possible, wanted benefits to be administered by the states. Mississippi Congressman John Rankin was the ringleader in that regard]. He and other Southern Democrats knew doing that would allow southern states to do what each state had been doing since the Civil Rights Cases. That would be states implementing policies full of loopholes and restrictions that would be enforced on blacks but not whites thereby ensuring the GI Bill would primarily benefit whites. Congress gave southern Democrats what they wanted.

Now before I have to hear you republicans sing that sad sorry lie about democrats, remember that republicans voted to give the southern democrats what they wanted. My father served in that war, he was from Louisiana and he did not get the benefits white soldiers got. This impacted my life and so when we speak about reparations, we're talking about policies like this and many others which came after slavery and do more so directly affect blacks living today.

My father served in that war too. He did not take advantage of the GI Bill for college. I do not know if he used it to buy a house.

It was not his fault that the dems of the South, used their political pull to prevent blacks from benefiting. Nor is it mine.

THe fact that they were prevented from benefiting, has nothing to do with my father's level of success. His accomplishments were not based on pushing someone else down.

YOu are insane.

His point is that the GI bill laws were carried out by the states, just like they carried out the voting laws.

Common Jim Crow laws included literary tests, poll taxes, and the grandfather clause, which were all restrictions on voting meant to keep black men from casting a ballot.

yeah and women faced similar issues and in some countries blacks still can't vote. America isn't one since you haven't noticed

Read the Title of the Thread fool
I started the thread son. The OP is about the GI Bill. Not slavery. But since you ran your mouth.

Whites in America have benefitted from a series of consistent affirmative action programs starting on July 4th, 1776. Yet many whites have not seen it that way. It is difficult to review the history of this country and not come to that conclusion, but that is all part of the madness. When all the laws provide for your advancement based on race from the beginning of this country, there is no sane argument to be made by whites about the unfairness of considering race as a qualification for anything. It is just that simple.

The National Housing Act was a law passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934. This law created the Federal Housing Administration or the FHA. The National Housing Act is the probably the policy that has the greatest impact on individual wealth accumulation in modern America. Unfortunately, the formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage. This law expanded the power of the federal government which helped it monitor the American economy. Many of today’s republicans complaining about how government expansion is wrong, benefitted by this government expansion.

I say this because the FHA able to create a guaranteed home loan program whereby potential home buyers could get bank loans guaranteed against default by the government. But the government had standards and most of those standards were based on racist beliefs.

Between 1934 to 1968, the FHA implemented and put into practice a policy called redlining. It began by publishing The Underwriting Manual which set the guidelines real estate agents used to assess the value and creditworthiness of different homes and neighborhoods. This manual promoted racist real estate practices by defending racially restrictive covenants and segregated communities. Due to this manual, the FHA was able to establish a neighborhood grading system based purely of false racist perceptions.

Redlining was the name of that grading system. Redlining has been well documented so there is no need for me to go into a long analysis of the policy. What I will say is that redlining was based on a premise of neighborhood decline caused by blacks that has never been proven. To this day blacks are accused of depreciating neighborhood values still without proof.

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, unemployment insurance administered by the states and assistance to single mothers with children. Today most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law was structured to exclude occupations that were mainly occupied by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, 65 percent of blacks in America were ineligible. So for years a majority of blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things but… This is the trouble with so many things in the history of America. There is always a but. Being imperfect, we all have buts and not just the ones we sit on. Yet in some cases the word but comes before critical facts that change how we see things. In this case, Roosevelt had to make a compromise with southern representatives in order to get the votes he needed. So he decided that industries where the majority of workers were black would be excluded from the regulations. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

The issue goes far past slavery you dumb SOB. And we all have felt the effects of these policies.

My father served in that war too. He did not take advantage of the GI Bill for college. I do not know if he used it to buy a house.
I'm sure if your father bought a house, he used the GI bill to help him do so.

It’s hard to comprehend just how large an impact the GI Bill had on the Greatest Generation ... In 1948, spending as part of the GI Bill consumed 15 percent of the federal budget.

In the years immediately after WWII, veterans’ mortgages accounted for more than 40 percent of home loans.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
yeah and women faced similar issues and in some countries blacks still can't vote. America isn't one since you haven't noticed
We live in America. Women married out of their situation as well as there were white women complicit in the racism. Emmitt Till can tell you that. What other countries do is not the issue in this thread.

Whites founded this country, built this country and saved the world a couple times. Nobody is saying that Blacks, Mexicans, Chinese and the most unfavored White groups of that time contributed in building this country. The Irish and Italians were also discriminated against at various times. But this country was made great by mostly Europeans, and that's a fact. And we still live in the greatest country in the world. That's a fact. And minorities contribute quite a bit to our modern day greatness. That's a fact. But the Democrat party with their militant assholes of antifa and BLM are making minorities look bad. That's because Democrats want to keep all minorities poor, pissed off and dependent on government.

I started the thread son. The OP is about the GI Bill. Not slavery. But since you ran your mouth.

Whites in America have benefitted from a series of consistent affirmative action programs starting on July 4th, 1776. Yet many whites have not seen it that way. It is difficult to review the history of this country and not come to that conclusion, but that is all part of the madness. When all the laws provide for your advancement based on race from the beginning of this country, there is no sane argument to be made by whites about the unfairness of considering race as a qualification for anything. It is just that simple.

The National Housing Act was a law passed by Congress and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934. This law created the Federal Housing Administration or the FHA. The National Housing Act is the probably the policy that has the greatest impact on individual wealth accumulation in modern America. Unfortunately, the formation of the FHA and its guaranteed loan program only worked to increase white advantage. This law expanded the power of the federal government which helped it monitor the American economy. Many of today’s republicans complaining about how government expansion is wrong, benefitted by this government expansion.

I say this because the FHA able to create a guaranteed home loan program whereby potential home buyers could get bank loans guaranteed against default by the government. But the government had standards and most of those standards were based on racist beliefs.

Between 1934 to 1968, the FHA implemented and put into practice a policy called redlining. It began by publishing The Underwriting Manual which set the guidelines real estate agents used to assess the value and creditworthiness of different homes and neighborhoods. This manual promoted racist real estate practices by defending racially restrictive covenants and segregated communities. Due to this manual, the FHA was able to establish a neighborhood grading system based purely of false racist perceptions.

Redlining was the name of that grading system. Redlining has been well documented so there is no need for me to go into a long analysis of the policy. What I will say is that redlining was based on a premise of neighborhood decline caused by blacks that has never been proven. To this day blacks are accused of depreciating neighborhood values still without proof.

The Social Security Act of 1935 created the Social Security program, unemployment insurance administered by the states and assistance to single mothers with children. Today most Americans love the program. However, when the act was signed, the law was structured to exclude occupations that were mainly occupied by blacks. When President Roosevelt signed the law, 65 percent of blacks in America were ineligible. So for years a majority of blacks were excluded from social security savings and could not get unemployment.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 created the minimum wage and time and a half overtime pay for working over forty hours a week. Child labor was eliminated by this act. All these were good things but… This is the trouble with so many things in the history of America. There is always a but. Being imperfect, we all have buts and not just the ones we sit on. Yet in some cases the word but comes before critical facts that change how we see things. In this case, Roosevelt had to make a compromise with southern representatives in order to get the votes he needed. So he decided that industries where the majority of workers were black would be excluded from the regulations. Because of this, blacks were paid less than the minimum wage.

The issue goes far past slavery you dumb SOB. And we all have felt the effects of these policies.

IM2: bitches and cries endlessly about White America

Couldn't be dragged away from America with wild horses.

There's a bit of hypocrisy wouldn't you say?

Yeah,
The Internet is the ONLY place you'll ever get yourself off like that.
Thank God for the Internet huh?
I'm 59. I've done plenty of physical damage in my time.

SSDD...

KleenexTruk.jpg

You must try to remember that in your particular case, if your ancestors had not been brought to America,
You would be in a dirt hut wearing a straw diaper wiping your ass with your hand

Forum List

Back