An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?
That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.
A billionaire would never be able to do that to the point of not paying taxes
You'd think so wouldn't you, but you'd be wrong. I don't know if any laws were broken but Trump paid $750 in income taxes in 2017. Way less than I did.

so now you do think it's ok for some people not to pay taxes.

And what billionaire pays zero taxes?
Ironically, I'd guess the poor generally pay a greater percent of their income in taxes than the rich do.

I know one billionaire who only paid $750 in income taxes in 2017.

If that's true, and you've a well established liar, he's an entrepreneur who wrote off his investments

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?
We would have borrowed that money anyway.

Just how much do you think the country lost in revenue?

Now we have a democrat who wants to raise taxes and still borrow money.

So you see it doesn't matter how much money the government takes from taxpayers because they will always always always spend more than they take from us.
If the debt is used for infrastructure that is investing in the country and is good debt. If the debt is to give cash to people that is bad debt.

That's hilarious.

We need to figure out where the hundreds of billions of dollars collected in federal fuel taxes in the last couple decades went since that money was supposed to be spent on roads without incurring more debt.

Like I said it doesn't matter how much money we let the fucking government take from us because it will always spend more than it takes from us.
That government is us. We elect them. We get the government we vote for and then we're surprised at what they do.
thats a pathetic deflection from the topic,,,
Actually it is spot on. I'm saying that the American voter is really dumb about taxes, it is not confined to just one party.
I'm not,, but its clear you are,,

that explains why you switch narrative everytime youre proven wrong,,
you disagreeing only proves my point,,

taxs were to pay for bills and debts of constitutional duties of the government and not to punish those that worked hard and became wealthy to fund pet projects not authorized by the constitution,,,

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?
That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.
You'd think so wouldn't you, but you'd be wrong. I don't know if any laws were broken but Trump paid $750 in income taxes in 2017. Way less than I did.
he paid more than that,, not sure why you keep lying about it,, over his lifetime hes paid hundreds of millions not to mention the revenue created by his hiring of tens of thousands of people,,,, have you paid millions in taxs??

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Ironically, I'd guess the poor generally pay a greater percent of their income in taxes than the rich do

47% of tax filers pay zero taxes. That means well over half of all Americans don't pay taxes. So you're calling people in the top half of the wealthiest country in history "poor."

Yes, you are a liar.

Also, 1% of the population earn 20% of the income and pay over 40% of all taxes, so you're lying ... again ... fascist

Actually, Trump's tax cuts where larger for lower earners than for higher earners, fascist liar.
Larger numerically or a larger percentage? You're not wrong but neither am I.

You're being manipulative, that is lying because you're intentionally misleading
I did exactly what you did, look at the data in a way that makes my point.

No, you were manipulative. What I did was discuss tax rates, which is the standard measure of how you are taxed.

You're also just a dishonest person. You keep lying that the Capital Hill officer was "murdered," which you made up since they never ruled that
You mean YOU were discussing tax rates, which is a standard measure of how you are taxed. There are many ways to look at numbers.

Regarding the officer killed, I'll let progressive hunter speak for me: "thats a pathetic deflection from the topic,,,"

Right, he wrote off investments in his business.

We tax earnings, not revenue moron

he paid more than that,, not sure why you keep lying about it,, over his lifetime hes paid hundreds of millions not to mention the revenue created by his hiring of tens of thousands of people,,,, have you paid millions in taxs??
I guess you've seen his tax returns then? I didn't think he ever released them.

Actually, Trump's tax cuts where larger for lower earners than for higher earners, fascist liar.
Larger numerically or a larger percentage? You're not wrong but neither am I.

You're being manipulative, that is lying because you're intentionally misleading
I did exactly what you did, look at the data in a way that makes my point.

No, you were manipulative. What I did was discuss tax rates, which is the standard measure of how you are taxed.

You're also just a dishonest person. You keep lying that the Capital Hill officer was "murdered," which you made up since they never ruled that
You mean YOU were discussing tax rates, which is a standard measure of how you are taxed. There are many ways to look at numbers.

Regarding the officer killed, I'll let progressive hunter speak for me: "thats a pathetic deflection from the topic,,,"

You're just a liar, fascist. You know that larger tax cuts refer to tax rates. You even brought it up, LOL

We didn't support Trump and you didn't oppose Trump because of his taxes. They are irrelevant, fascist

He is being investigated for how his 'investments' were evaluated.

no I havent,, I'm just not a stupid idiot and know how the real world works,,,

unless of course you have some proof I'm wrong,,,

Every billionaire is constantly audited in this country. It's how sick our tax system is, Nazi

I have no problem with it as long as others are investigated for the same thing,, and they arent,,

this is a political hitjob,,

We didn't support Trump and you didn't oppose Trump because of his taxes. They are irrelevant, fascist
actually I didnt even vote for trump,, doesnt mean I will let dems get away with a political hitjob when they are ten times worse than what they accuse trump of,,

• Thanks

actually I didnt even vote for trump,, doesnt mean I will let dems get away with a political hitjob when they are ten times worse than what they accuse trump of,,

I didn't mean it that specifically. I'm just saying taxes doesn't affect anyone's view of Trump either way.

alang1216 is just a fascist who wants to weaponize the IRS

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.
I asked what do these evil wealthy people do with their wealth? Bury in the backyard or hide beneath the mattress? What do they do with that wealth? Where does it go?
These evil wealthy buy yachts? Means employees at yacht companies have jobs for example.
Or do the evil build homes, buy cars, clothes, what do they do with these evil dollars?
Save. We save. Save more.

Great, you save more. Have you ever heard of the Paradox of Thrift?
"the paradox of thrift" is abracadabra concured up by John Manord Keynes. It's utter bullshit.

I didn't mean it that specifically. I'm just saying taxes doesn't affect anyone's view of Trump either way.

alang1216 is just a fascist who wants to weaponize the IRS
did you notice how alang went from talking about taxs to complaining trump only paid 750 and ignored all the people like all sharpton that are millions of dollars in unpaid taxs??

• Thanks
How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil.

Not once ever. Corporations are legal entities run by people for the purpose of making money. Corporations do not have attributes of good or evil. How the people who own and manage the large corporate monopolies can have a major negative impact on the economy, and on their workers, if such companies are run solely to provide the maximum level of profit for the shareholders.

Walmart's corporate policies legally maximized income for the corporation and its shareholders, all while knowing those actions would cost US taxpayers $9 billion, and suppress the wage and benefits for retail workers in America. That' doesn't make Walmart evil, but it does make them a "bad corporate citizen".

That businesses only interest in profit.

That's what they've been teaching in business schools since the 1970's. I read a piece back in the 1970's that the Harvard Business School's bottom line management which put profits above all else, would be the destruction of the American economy. I thought it ridiculous at the time. I was trying to get into the Western School of Business' MBA program, modelled after Harvards. I've thought of it often since as what he wrote has played out.

That they should be taxed 28%. They were already awash in cash when Trump cut their taxes, and mosts corporations used the winfall to buy back shares and further consolidate wealth at the top. Neither of which have done the economy as a whole any good at all.

Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%

Trump cut corporate taxes by 14%, all financed on the national credit card, and creating the highest budge deficits in a decade. Biden is clawing back half that tax cut, and will be using those funds to held the country, not consolidate wealth at the top. The USA already has the widest wealth gap between the top 10% and working Americans in the first world. That's not a GOOD thing, by the way.

The workers haven't had a meaningful raise in 40 years, and New York City is offering Amazon $9 billion in tax breaks, paid for by the citizens of New York, to build a new headquarters there. Amazon, the world's biggest retailer, paid ZERO in federal income tax last year, while getting billions in federal aid in the pandemic.

Shouldn't that aid have gone to the taxPAYERS?

One requirement for a robust and healthy economy, is a robust and growing middle class. Republican tax policys have decimated the middle class to the benefit of the wealthy elites, pass the cost of the income supplement for the lowest paid workers from their employers, on to the working and middle class.

It's long past time for corporations to pay their own damn workers, and contribute their fair share of taxes to the nation which gave them the means and the opportunity to get that rich in the first place.

youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history
As if the bottom has wealth to transfer. Are you just letting a monkey run over your keyboard?

The biggest wealth transfer was the government telling wealthy and corporations that they didn’t have to pay taxes but could just keep amassing wealth at historic rates.Damn the righties are broken Intellectually.
it takes a lot of stupid to deflect that bad,,,

of course the poor have money,, how else would they provide food and housing for their existence??
Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids. Follow the trail up. The deflection was you abandoning defense of trickle down economics and deflecting to pandemic shut down dumbass. Follow it back up. And you have the nerve to shout deflection?!? What a clown. Trickle down doesn’t work to do anything but build wealth for rich people. Keep giving me those breaks. I’ll just keep accumulating wealth.

Forum List

Back