An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.
I asked what do these evil wealthy people do with their wealth? Bury in the backyard or hide beneath the mattress? What do they do with that wealth? Where does it go?
These evil wealthy buy yachts? Means employees at yacht companies have jobs for example.
Or do the evil build homes, buy cars, clothes, what do they do with these evil dollars?
Save. We save. Save more.

Great, you save more. Have you ever heard of the Paradox of Thrift?
My point exactly. The money needs to be in hands of those who need to spend it. Not for those of us who have what we need and save it.
So where do you "save" it? Bury in the backyard or hide under your mattress?
Or do you "save" it in your bank which guess what turns around and lends it to businesses.
And what do these businesses do? Well again, they don't bury in backyard or hide under mattress.
THESE businesses hire more people, buy more products, services. Dummies !
Ahhhhh. Trickle down economics??? Right on cue. Seems to work well at consolidating wealth into a smaller and smaller group of people. Keep it coming to me you serfs.
youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history,,

I have no clue who you're talking about, certainly not businesses or people. They both borrow money to expand or buy a house.

I never said I didn't know a way to cut spending, I said foreign aid is not a big piece of it. I believe the biggest share goes to Israel. Would you cut that?
of course you said you didnt know a way, just go back to yyour comment I first responded too,,

and we arent talking about a business that earns its own money and profits from it,, we are talking about the government that takes money from people that earned it and only waste money not make profits from it,,
The actual quote was "So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes" so accept your apology.

As for government making a profit, that is exactly what gov't is not supposed to do, at least in most cases. Do you want it competing with the private sector? What gov't is supposed to do, among other things like defense, is to spend taxpayers money to fund roads and other infrastructure that grows the economy.

I have no clue who you're talking about, certainly not businesses or people. They both borrow money to expand or buy a house.

I never said I didn't know a way to cut spending, I said foreign aid is not a big piece of it. I believe the biggest share goes to Israel. Would you cut that?
of course you said you didnt know a way, just go back to yyour comment I first responded too,,

and we arent talking about a business that earns its own money and profits from it,, we are talking about the government that takes money from people that earned it and only waste money not make profits from it,,
The actual quote was "So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes" so accept your apology.

As for government making a profit, that is exactly what gov't is not supposed to do, at least in most cases. Do you want it competing with the private sector? What gov't is supposed to do, among other things like defense, is to spend taxpayers money to fund roads and other infrastructure that grows the economy.
and I showed you where to start,, and thats just one,, would you like me to list others??

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?
We would have borrowed that money anyway.

Just how much do you think the country lost in revenue?

Now we have a democrat who wants to raise taxes and still borrow money.

So you see it doesn't matter how much money the government takes from taxpayers because they will always always always spend more than they take from us.
If the debt is used for infrastructure that is investing in the country and is good debt. If the debt is to give cash to people that is bad debt.

So what happens?
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?

So you see it doesn't matter how much money the government takes from taxpayers because they will always always always spend more than they take from us.
If the debt is used for infrastructure that is investing in the country and is good debt. If the debt is to give cash to people that is bad debt.
thats paying taxs twice for the same thing,, so its theft and not good,,

So what happens?
28 percent isnt even what it was before trump.
1*4p88EAfZI8z1FibW0aaxJA.png

what benefit has this chronically falling corporate tax rate had ?
Seems to me it just makes the rich more rich, while everything else crumbles.

Please explain how paying for infrastructure is paying taxes twice for the same thing. You lost me.
we already paid for them with our property, gas and sales taxs,,

Please explain how paying for infrastructure is paying taxes twice for the same thing. You lost me.
You really don't have clue do you? Only gas taxes are federal the others are local and state.

You really don't have clue do you? Only gas taxes are federal the others are local and state.
there are state gas taxs also,, and its still a state issue not a fed one,,,

So what happens?
28 percent isnt even what it was before trump.
1*4p88EAfZI8z1FibW0aaxJA.png

what benefit has this chronically falling corporate tax rate had ?
Seems to me it just makes the rich more rich, while everything else crumbles.
Don't you dummies that complain about the rich being more rich ever get honest and recognize the simple fact.
You either weren't smart enough or industrious enough to become one of those filthy rich.
I am not one of those "filthy rich". I am though for the most part an honest person who doesn't blame the "filthy rich" .
That's so idiotic because 200 years ago there were far fewer "filthy rich" than today.
But more importantly 200 years ago those few "filthy rich" didn't have what YOU a dummy has today!
A) NO internet meaning instant answers to any dummies questions...
B) NO cell phone... again instant communication with anyone anywhere in the world. What did the "filthy rich" have equal to it?
Our analysis shows that there were approximately 10 million free government cell phone users at the end of 2013.
C) Did the "filthy rich" have free housing as" over 5 million low-income households receive federal rental assistance."
Federal Rental Assistance Fact Sheets | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
D) How many people get some kind of welfare payments?
There are over 59 million Americans that receive welfare during an average month. SNAP is the biggest welfare program in the US. Children, the disabled and elderly constitute the majority of public benefit recipients. More women than men are dependent on food stamps. Straight Talk on Welfare Statistics (25+ Stats & Facts) | Fortunly

Think about that the next time you complain about the "filthy wealthy"...
Free food. Free rent. Free internet. Free cell phones.

So what happens?

That's hilarious.

We need to figure out where the hundreds of billions of dollars collected in federal fuel taxes in the last couple decades went since that money was supposed to be spent on roads without incurring more debt.

Like I said it doesn't matter how much money we let the fucking government take from us because it will always spend more than it takes from us.

youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history
As if the bottom has wealth to transfer. Are you just letting a monkey run over your keyboard?

The biggest wealth transfer was the government telling wealthy and corporations that they didn’t have to pay taxes but could just keep amassing wealth at historic rates.Damn the righties are broken Intellectually.

So what happens?

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx

youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history
As if the bottom has wealth to transfer. Are you just letting a monkey run over your keyboard?

The biggest wealth transfer was the government telling wealthy and corporations that they didn’t have to pay taxes but could just keep amassing wealth at historic rates.Damn the righties are broken Intellectually.
it takes a lot of stupid to deflect that bad,,,

of course the poor have money,, how else would they provide food and housing for their existence??

Another Marxist who says not taking their money is giving them money

So what happens?
/----/ Corporations treat taxes as overhead and pass them on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. I don't know about you, but I already pay enough for stuff.

When has there ever been a zero corporate tax rate in your lifetime?

So what happens?

That's hilarious.

We need to figure out where the hundreds of billions of dollars collected in federal fuel taxes in the last couple decades went since that money was supposed to be spent on roads without incurring more debt.

Like I said it doesn't matter how much money we let the fucking government take from us because it will always spend more than it takes from us.
That government is us. We elect them. We get the government we vote for and then we're surprised at what they do.

So what happens?
/----/ Corporations treat taxes as overhead and pass them on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. I don't know about you, but I already pay enough for stuff.

It's amazing how morons like alang1216 get that companies pass along the cost of their products to customers but actually pay taxes themselves and don't past along the cost to customers, isn't it?

Forum List

Back