An entrepreneur, Army veteran, and African American immigrant is running as a Republican against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer in 2022

I grew up in Detroit. I saw what Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick did with their time in office. As much as I would vote for anyone for governor other than Whitmore, I have my reservations. I would normally vote against the left no matter what, even if I voted split ticket Libertarian, but after this last election I cannot trust the system and will no long vote without solid reforms. I slammed my head against the wall for so long I think I got drain bamage, it's time to give up IMO.

I grew up in Detroit. I saw what Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick did with their time in office. As much as I would vote for anyone for governor other than Whitmore, I have my reservations. I would normally vote against the left no matter what, even if I voted split ticket Libertarian, but after this last election I cannot trust the system and will no long vote without solid reforms. I slammed my head against the wall for so long I think I got drain bamage, it's time to give up IMO.
Mighty white of you.....

Mighty white of you.....

I voted for Obama the first go round, I admit it, he had some good speeches and I fell for it, but not in round two. I'd like to say it's not because Chenge is black, but unfortunately I've seen how Detroit got worse (if that were even possible) under black Democratic leadership. Perhaps an African American Republican will do better than I expect, I'd like that to be true and I'm not against the idea.

Actually, this Austin Chenge guy sounds like he is the kind of politician I'd vote for, conservative and against Whitmer, but I refuse to vote now. If it comes down to it, and I felt I had to vote for Chenge for governor, I would to help keep Gretchen out of office, but I have serious doubts about an African American immigrant who moved to Michigan as recently as 2008 claiming to be a conservative Christian Republican and running for governor.

I was likely damaged by living in Detroit for 30 years, but I've experienced much that influences my opinions.

ETA: It must be considered that Detroit is primarily a Democratic voting block with a high percentage being African American. If this guy manages to usurp the governess and get the office, he will likely pander to his African American constituents because he needed their vote to succeed.

Last edited:
Dollars to donuts he's going to lose.

He's a rightwinger, right?

Systemic racism, right? Just like white big city MI democrats fucked over John James who was running for Senate.

You loved that didnt ya!

I liked John James, voted straight Republican ticket anyways, but he seemed to be one of the good guys.

Michigan seems to alternate between right and left as far as governors go.

List of governors of Michigan - Wikipedia
Indeed sir, however, I believe that the good folks of Michigan are quite happy w/Whitmer's Administration.

Minus a few insurrectionists, of course, but they'll be dealt w/in due coarse.

Indeed sir, however, I believe that the good folks of Michigan are quite happy w/Whitmer's Administration.

To paraphrase Adlai...

all the good people may vote for her, but she'll need a majority.

To paraphrase Adlai...

all the good people may vote for her, but she'll need a majority.
What's your thoughts on the Michigan Insurrection that had their political leaders trembling in fear of the would-be assailants outside?

Forum List

Back