An Elizabeth Warren Quote Spreading On Social Media; Any Brainy Responses?

Where does Warren get her info, she has lied before and why would anyone trust what she says now?

All You Need to Know About Income Inequality, in One Comparison

Let’s start with the Wall Street bonuses. The New York State Comptroller reported on Wednesday that the size of the bonus pool paid to securities industries employees in New York City was $28.5 billion. Dividing this total among 167,800 workers yields an average bonus of $172,860, which seems plausible enough. For sure, some received much, much bigger bonuses, and many received nothing.

What about the total earnings of fulltime workers at the federal minimum wage? The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that there are 1.03 million fulltime workers paid an hourly wage of $7.25 or less. These people tend to work around 40 hours a week on average. If they all earn $7.25 per hour and work 50 weeks per year, the total earnings of this group come to nearly $15 billion. Ms. Anderson, whose report usefully shows all her work, prefers an estimate of 37 hours per week — which looks too low to me based on other data — and 52 weeks per year, so after rounding, she gets to a total of $14 billion.​

So what, if anything, would be the solution to the problem Warren poses?

Precisely?

And, since no solution is perfect, what would be the potential problems?

What worked before? Income inequality has never been at the level it is now.

Our tax policies got us here, why do you think they can't get us out of here?

Precisely?

Remove ALL dimocrap scum from any position of power -- Permanently.

By any means necessary.

But here's the problem..... Perennial losers (which most dimocraps are) need someone to tell them it's not really their fault.... When it is.

Kinda like telling a child it wasn't his/her fault when he stuck a fork in the toaster after you warned him not to 20 times and he/she got the shit knocked out of him/her.

But, you expect children to be stupid. That's why you have to keep an on them at all times.

dimocraps? They're permanently stupid.... And I don't care if they stick a fork in the toaster...... Even if they're standing in a puddle of water..... I even recommend it

Precisely?

Well, because I'm neck-deep in this stuff as part of my profession, I have to think about this stuff quite a bit. Given the current nature of the global economy, we would be able to increase personal income tax rates only so far, and not as high as they were in the 50's and 60's.

I would support adding two new margins, one at 44.9% and one at 49.9%. I think we could get away with that without much macro damage.

But that would not be enough to address this, not even close. This is a very complex issue and not solved with one approach.

Where does Warren get her info, she has lied before and why would anyone trust what she says now?

All You Need to Know About Income Inequality, in One Comparison

Let’s start with the Wall Street bonuses. The New York State Comptroller reported on Wednesday that the size of the bonus pool paid to securities industries employees in New York City was $28.5 billion. Dividing this total among 167,800 workers yields an average bonus of $172,860, which seems plausible enough. For sure, some received much, much bigger bonuses, and many received nothing.

What about the total earnings of fulltime workers at the federal minimum wage? The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that there are 1.03 million fulltime workers paid an hourly wage of $7.25 or less. These people tend to work around 40 hours a week on average. If they all earn $7.25 per hour and work 50 weeks per year, the total earnings of this group come to nearly $15 billion. Ms. Anderson, whose report usefully shows all her work, prefers an estimate of 37 hours per week — which looks too low to me based on other data — and 52 weeks per year, so after rounding, she gets to a total of $14 billion.​

In 2012, there were over TWO MILLION waiters and Waitresses in this Country. Waiters and Waitresses Occupational Outlook Handbook U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Many of whom are paid minimum wage. Most, in fact.

But they don't make minimum wage.... At all.

One of my wife's friends works at Outback and last week she made over $1,500 in Tips...... All of it Cash.

She lives in a $500,000 house on the Beach with her husband and children. He is an Engineer and often complains that she sometimes makes more money than he does.

That's lie #1

I don't need to go any further.

dimocraps are lying scum. Understand that and everything else starts to make sense

"The total amount of money that Wall Street handed out in BONUSES last year was DOUBLE the total income of ALL FULL TIME Minimum Wage Workers. That's obscene.. ~Elizabeth Warren

Any significant brainy responses to this?

I think in the end of this discussion, most people will notice our Economy was exactly like it was just before the Great Depression. A few had it all and the majority had little. What's sad is the poor people are fighting for their own poverty, they think they will get paid more if their employers aren't restricted by Big Gov......Yea, Your employer is using you like a tool to lower restrictions to make even more profits and make you more poor. Thanks for playing.

Small business will not make it into this discussion because it didn't have enough $ to buy politicians.
What amazes me is how conservatives will scream it is none of your business what a company pays its executives, but if you mention that low paid workers should earn more and they go on the attack of how lazy and worthless low wage workers are

What amazes me about Liberals is how they can claim to hate Bankers then support a Senator who LOVES Bankers!

Sen. Warren HATES Wall Street, except when she LOVES Wall Street!
Serial Hypocrite Elizabeth Warren Still Accepting Wall Street Money - Daniel Doherty
Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 —refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

Americans = Willfully Ignorant.

No, not 'Americans'

dimocrap scum

Americans like to be informed. Unfortunately for all of us, they haven't figured out that the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media is nothing more than the Propaganda Arm of the DNC.

But they're starting to... A little bit

What amazes me is how conservatives will scream it is none of your business what a company pays its executives, but if you mention that low paid workers should earn more and they go on the attack of how lazy and worthless low wage workers are

Only because they are.

Doesn't work like that....never has.....by keeping government out of the way wealth can be created for everyone....that is how we out performed the rest of the world in a mere 200 years of existence....the more th government confiscates in taxes, the more governmnent taxes, fines and increases fees to the point of destroying business growth...then you have limited wealth concentrated in the hands of politicians and their pet businesses.....

Government is the problem, not the answer to wealth creation for all people....

You don't know what you're talking about. When you think the height of American prosperity was? With the gap between rich and poor the lowest?

You don't know what you're talking about. When you think the height of American prosperity was? With the gap between rich and poor the lowest?

Well, we GODDAMNED sure know when it WASN"T...... Today or for the last 6 years.

The Lying Cocksucker in Chief has been the worst president since FDR by a WIDE margin.....

Even now, with the Lying Cocksucker and his lying minions claiming the economy is recovering (it is, a little bit) there's this from one of the more liberal ass-wipers on the Planet

Surprise U.S. Economic Data Have Been the World s Most Disappointing - Bloomberg Business

It's not only the just-released University of Michigan consumer confidence report and February retail sales on Thursday that surprised economists and investors with another dose of underwhelming news. Overall, U.S. economic data have been falling short of prognosticators' expectations by the most in six years.

The Bloomberg ECO U.S. Surprise Index, which measures whether data beat or miss forecasts, fell to the lowest since 2009, when the nation was in the deepest recession since the Great Depression.

Precisely?

Well, because I'm neck-deep in this stuff as part of my profession, I have to think about this stuff quite a bit. Given the current nature of the global economy, we would be able to increase personal income tax rates only so far, and not as high as they were in the 50's and 60's.

I would support adding two new margins, one at 44.9% and one at 49.9%. I think we could get away with that without much macro damage.

But that would not be enough to address this, not even close. This is a very complex issue and not solved with one approach.

In 40 years the gap between CEO pay and worker pay has gone from 20 times the average worker to over 300 times the average worker. There's something wrong with that. The average worker isn't working any less hard than they were before, they're working harder in fact.

It's a complex issue that isn't going to be solved by the people making 300 times the salary of the working guy. If the government elected to represent that working guy doens't do anything about it, the alternative is seldom pretty.

concorde2.jpg

(Please read with sarcasm)
If we had more minimum wage workers and less Wall Street employees receiving bonuses, then the gap wouldn't be so large. Yeah, that's what we want, more people making minimum wage.

What amazes me about Liberals is how they can claim to hate Bankers then support a Senator who LOVES Bankers!
I doubt Sen. Warren loves bankers but it is clear she cares about the plight of the working class far more than anyone else in national politics, my question to you is why is that a bad thing? No one else is even talking about them. The best you can get out of any of the others is a kind of vague lip service for the middle class while they mainly occupy themselves with the concerns of big business. The pendulum has been swinging towards plutocracy for many years, how far do you think it still has to go before conservatives are satisfied?

(Please read with sarcasm)
If we had more minimum wage workers and less Wall Street employees receiving bonuses, then the gap wouldn't be so large. Yeah, that's what we want, more people making minimum wage.

Thanks for telling us that you were being sarcastic! We never can tell! I wish everyone would tell us when they are about to say something sarcastic.

"The total amount of money that Wall Street handed out in BONUSES last year was DOUBLE the total income of ALL FULL TIME Minimum Wage Workers. That's obscene.. ~Elizabeth Warren

Any significant brainy responses to this?

I think in the end of this discussion, most people will notice our Economy was exactly like it was just before the Great Depression. A few had it all and the majority had little. What's sad is the poor people are fighting for their own poverty, they think they will get paid more if their employers aren't restricted by Big Gov......Yea, Your employer is using you like a tool to lower restrictions to make even more profits and make you more poor. Thanks for playing.

Small business will not make it into this discussion because it didn't have enough $ to buy politicians.

The FACTS...

source: Wall Street s 2013 Bonuses Were More Than All Workers Earned Making the Federal Minimum BillMoyers.com

Wall Street firms handed out $26.7 billion in bonuses to their 165,200 employees last year, up 15 percent over the previous year.
The $26.7 billion Wall Streeters pocketed in bonuses would cover the cost of more than doubling the paychecks for all of the 1,085,000 Americans who work full-time at the current federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
================

Assume all the 165,200 employees paid 22% of taxable income in Federal Income taxes that would be $5.8 billion in Federal tax revenue.
Assume all 165,200 are citizens of New York and paid state income taxes of 6.65 percent on taxable income between $77,151 and $205,850.
Or all 165,200 paid state of New York $1.77 billion in taxes...
Federal taxes $5.8 billion and state taxes $1.77 or $7.5 billion that was collected.
Now of the 1,085,000 working at $7.25/hour none will pay any income taxes PLUS they will received in Earned Income tax credit totally $538,160,000.
So these minimum wage earners paid NO TAXES plus they received $538 million in EITC while those evil capitalists bonuses paid " $7.5 billion in taxes!
EITC Income Limits Maximum Credit Amounts and Tax Law Updates
Read more: State Taxes New York Bankrate.com
AND THAT's THE REST of the story!!!

Forum List

Back