Amid abortion battle, DeSantis vetoes birth-control funding – again

Cleary he does not care about abortions
I'm not sure. He could be opposed to any right to choose. Logic is not involved in his analysis. HE is opposed to using tax money to prevent abortion even though its proven that contraceptives would save money since the state pays for prenatal and childbirth through medicaid. Possibly he could oppose even taxpayer supported child birthing, but that would be opposed by virtually eveyone other than himself. LOL But he'd be consistent.

But if people can access contraception or morning after pills if they pay for it themselves, why not abortion? The Founders didn't raise that objection, so why would we know. Unless xian religion was at issue.

But if people can access contraception or morning after pills if they pay for it themselves, why not abortion? The Founders didn't raise that objection, so why would we know.

They didn't, huh?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents.
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

I am glad you admitted your statement was stupid. not all 21 million people in Fla need the BC

It was your statement that was stupid. On one hand you moan about not having taxpayer BC because people can't afford it, and on the other you argue that it's only 9 cents per day.

It was your statement that was stupid. On one hand you moan about not having taxpayer BC because people can't afford it, and on the other you argue that it's only 9 cents per day.

I did not say it was fucking nine cents a day. I said the price of it came out to 9 cents per resident of the state. Right now they are paying a buck seventy each to help the manatees but wont pay 9 cents to help reduce abortions.

I did not say it was fucking nine cents a day. I said the price of it came out to 9 cents per resident of the state. Right now they are paying a buck seventy each to help the manatees but wont pay 9 cents to help reduce abortions.
Last I looked, the manatees were not eligible to work. I donate to animal causes but would not part with one cent for a human being.

I would have to assume you then do not consider yourself pro-life.
I am not pro person. I would not help someone bleeding to death if I had the last band aid on earth. I would do all I could for an animal, reptile, fish, etc. Insects are pretty much same as people.

Last I looked, the manatees were not eligible to work. I donate to animal causes but would not part with one cent for a human being.

And that is your right. Just do not pretend to be against abortion like these other people have been

And that is your right. Just do not pretend to be against abortion like these other people have been
I'm not against abortion. Abortion is homicide. It can't be anything else. I'm okay with that. A responsible society would spay those unable or unwilling to control themselves. That is an addition just crying to be made.

Nor should they. Birth control is cheap. Pills are cheap, rubbers are cheap, not having sex is the cheapest.

Taxpayers should not be rewarding people for making bad decisions in their life. It promotes irresponsibility which is something we have way too much of in this country thanks to Democrats.

Taxpayers should not be rewarding people for making bad decisions in their life. It promotes irresponsibility which is something we have way too much of in this country thanks to Democrats.

Typically I would agree with you, but my dislike of abortion is stronger than my dislike of taxpayers paying for this

But I get that not everyone shares the same view of abortion.

Typically I would agree with you, but my dislike of abortion is stronger than my dislike of taxpayers paying for this

But I get that not everyone shares the same view of abortion.

Your view is quite clear: You better give me my taxpayer goodies or else! It's a very old and typical leftist argument.

If you don't give me my government birth control, I won't be able to stop myself from getting pregnant and that means you must love abortion.
If you don't take guns away from people, you must love kids getting killed in school.
If you don't legalize pot, you must love people filling up our prisons for using it.
If you don't let these illegals in, nobody will be able to pick your lettuce!

These phony threats get really, really old after a while.

Your view is quite clear: You better give me my taxpayer goodies or else! It's a very old and typical leftist argument.

If you don't give me my government birth control, I won't be able to stop myself from getting pregnant and that means you must love abortion.
If you don't take guns away from people, you must love kids getting killed in school.
If you don't legalize pot, you must love people filling up our prisons for using it.

What DeSantis has done is typical of the authoritarian right – compel conformity and silence dissent.

For conservatives it’s more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – at the expense of the right to privacy.

The reprehensible right not only denies women their reproductive autonomy, conservatives deny low income women the means by which to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

The right’s war on poor women continues.

I am not asking for anything and there are no threats at all.

And yes, my view is quite clear, I am against abortion enough I think it is a good investment in tax payer money to have fewer of them. You do not think that is a good use of tax payer money. You and I just happen to have a different view of the value of the baby in the womb.

And yes, my view is quite clear, I am against abortion enough I think it is a good investment in tax payer money to have fewer of them. You do not think that is a good use of tax payer money. You and I just happen to have a different view of the value of the baby in the womb.

Protecting the baby only includes up to birth and as long as no $$$$ is involved.

Protecting the baby only includes up to birth and as long as no $$$$ is involved.

Yeah, any pretense about caring about abortion is out the window. 70 million so boaters can have cheaper supplies is cool, 30 million for the manatees is cool, but 2 million to have less abortions is a bridge too far!

Right. Yours is so much better, isn't it? And yes, you are using threats. You are saying that unless taxpayers cough up the money for your birth control, you'll just get pregnant and need an abortion. So nayah.

Forum List

Back